SAIA | Saia stepping up cadence of adding terminals

When you sell your house or car do you spin it off or sell it and record a sale price somewhere? (Asking for a friend btw)
Search online using any search engine except G**GLE for the exact sale price paid to YRC for Saia. Allegedly some search engine sites can hide information from public view for a large pile of wooden nickels. If I heard this on my CB then how can I not believe it?

I see your point and I’ll raise you the Zollars/O’dell connection. However, both companies being publicly traded would(should?) nullify any “partnership”. Have always kinda thought Saia was a non union experiment, contrast; whatever one would call it. But at the end of the day, does it matter?

When it comes to ‘publicly traded’ companies, that is those that have ‘common shares’ and ‘preferred shares’ of stock, the true ownership can easily get clouded.
The members of the BOD, may own shares of stock in other companies, many of their own competitors actually. Throw into the mix ‘institutional investors’, ‘mutual funds’, ‘pensions’, etc.

I see your point and I’ll raise you the Zollars/O’dell connection. However, both companies being publicly traded would(should?) nullify any “partnership”. Have always kinda thought Saia was a non union experiment, contrast; whatever one would call it. But at the end of the day, does it matter?
It definitely matters. Saia expanded into the Northeast over the past few years. NP freight levels have dropped significantly. Customers have been told NP has no discount rates for any shipper. YRC and Saia trucks picking up freight that used to be on NP trucks. Maybe nobody else sees this?

It definitely matters. Saia expanded into the Northeast over the past few years. NP freight levels have dropped significantly. Customers have been told NP has no discount rates for any shipper. YRC and Saia trucks picking up freight that used to be on NP trucks. Maybe nobody else sees this?
I know something is up yellow drivers telling me they are picking up New Penn freight,not to mention we hired 2 from New Penn 1 had 16 years with them the other had 6….

I know something is up yellow drivers telling me they are picking up New Penn freight,not to mention we hired 2 from New Penn 1 had 16 years with them the other had 6….
All the YRC companies are consolidating under one name, Yellow. Must be in process. Think the barns and rosters are being merged also. Best guess, both those hires would be near the bottom of the list, if they still have a job

All the YRC companies are consolidating under one name, Yellow. Must be in process. Think the barns and rosters are being merged also. Best guess, both those hires would be near the bottom of the list, if they still have a job
The first guy had 16 years 3/4 up the list the other was near the tail end…. Both made wise choices in my opinion. The guy with 16 years already has a noon bid.

The first guy had 16 years 3/4 up the list the other was near the tail end…. Both made wise choices in my opinion. The guy with 16 years already has a noon bid.
Why would anyone switch companies and give up seniority when all the companies are merging together and dove tailing seniority?

Why would anyone switch companies and give up seniority when all the companies are merging together and dove tailing seniority?
I have been around long enough to recall the Yellow/Roadway merger and when ABF bought Carolina. Yes, 16yrs is a good amount of time. That said, dovetail with 30 and 40 yrs guys you will be near the bottom, if still employed. With the aforementioned deals, lots lost or retired because the barns were now overstaffed

Freight being diverted to Saia. Yes it’s still a YRC company.
Both Saia and Jevic were spun off from Yellow decades ago, to form SRS. As we know, Jevic is no longer around, and Saia is an independent, publicly traded company with ZERO ties to that dumpster fire called Yellow(YRC?) whatever they're calling themselves these days.

What’s the dollar amount paid to YRC by the new owners of Saia? Please post a link to a document to verify your claim. A sale price is always recorded by publicly traded companies unless, of course, it wasn’t really sold.

What’s the dollar amount paid to YRC by the new owners of Saia? Please post a link to a document to verify your claim. A sale price is always recorded by publicly traded companies unless, of course, it wasn’t really sold.

Resumed independence[edit]​

In 2002 Saia and Delanco, New Jersey-based Jevic Transportation, another Yellow Corporation subsidiary, spun off to form an independent publicly traded company called SCS Transportation (SCS). Clark Brothers Transport, Inc. was acquired in 2004 incorporating its nine state, sixteen terminal operations into Saia.[2]

In 2006, SCS sold Jevic to a Sun Capital Partners affiliate for $40 million.[3] The sale came after years of low profitability at Jevic and allowed SCS to focus on its more successful Saia unit. Along with the sale, SCS announced plans to rebrand the parent company to Saia and move its corporate headquarters from Kansas City, Missouri to Saia's headquarters in Duluth, Georgia. Saia president Rick O'Dell would become president, CEO, and a board member of the parent company with former chairman and CEO, Bert Trucksess, transitioning to non-executive chairman.[4] Jevic, originally founded in 1981 by Harry Mulschlegel, would shut down in 2008 after being unable to improve its fortunes as an independent company.[5]

Saia began trading on the NASDAQ with the symbol SAIA.[2]

When a company, in this case yellow, spins off a company, they get paid as individuals and investment funds purchase stock, one share at a time. There is no one “sales price”. Yellow has absolutely NOTHING to do with Saia since the spin off. Years ago, Consolidated Freightways spun off Con-Way. Do you think CF still owns them? Do you think that when XPO bought Con-Way they really paid CF for it and not the shareholders of Con-Way?
Can you post a link showing the sales price that Consolidated Freightways got paid for selling Con-Way? NO, because it was spun off as a public traded company Verses a sale to one entity. you crack me up!

This is not CF and Conway. Spun off and sold off are very different legally and financially. The transfer of freight shall continue

This is not CF and Conway. Spun off and sold off are very different legally and financially. The transfer of freight shall continue
Both Con-Way and Saia were spun off….neither was sold off. Saia and everyone else will continue to take market share from Yellow, but not because of some Yellow non union conspiracy. Because Yellow is a sorry outfit

Yellow is open for business folks. Still the second largest LTL in the country. Will be the top soon enough. FX has serious problems that can’t be easily fixed. I can’t wait to see Yellow freight loaded on Prime cargo planes to reduce line haul expenses. Buy more stock as the price drops. Be part of the solution for a change

Yellow is open for business folks. Still the second largest LTL in the country. Will be the top soon enough. FX has serious problems that can’t be easily fixed. I can’t wait to see Yellow freight loaded on Prime cargo planes to reduce line haul expenses. Buy more stock as the price drops. Be part of the solution for a change
You may need to go see a doctor!!!