SAIA | SAIA survey asking for vaccination status

Just got a email with a short video from corporate. I’m sure all of you have received it. They are going through with following the OSHA mandate for ALL employees. Either get tested weekly, or you are vaccinated, if neither you are out of a job.
The Supreme Court has an Emergency Hearing on 1/7/22 on the Vaccine Mandate for employers and for healthcare that receives federal funding. They cant let it go thru, put a stay while gathering more info or complete kill it. They did the emergency hearing as the OSHA mandate takes effect 1/10/22. We will all know in less than a week.

I celebrate that.

I dont know if you are aware Lazer, but you need to do anything and everything you can to preserve that kitty as a Operational Engine. I had a thought the other day when hearing the local cat go by with logs thinking that sound will eventually pass into history.

Thats one sound I want to hear until the day I die. A good working kitty cat. I love my good detriots or a cummins that run forever at one speed. But nothing like a kitty.
Iran them V-8 Detroits for a while. Sweet running little creatures. Just had to carry lots of oil. Boss told me to buy by the case.

Iran them V-8 Detroits for a while. Sweet running little creatures. Just had to carry lots of oil. Boss told me to buy by the case.
Yes. Oil, oil and oil.

Or on the east coast OLL. lolz.

Years ago I worked locally and the bosses could care less about that blessed oil. I could go hunt for it in the shop and find there is none for the day. You would think they will put in a few extra barrels of the stuff for the morning so my rig was chronically short on oil.

One day she did finally get too short on the job. That was the end of the time there. Since it involved the chiefs this time, Im pretty sure there is a few barrels extra now at that shop. Prior to that I had a employer who was so desperate for anything that would cost money today. Engine needs oil. What do we do?

I watched him dump tractor fluid into the engine. I looked at him and backed away. Nope. Not me no siree. Nuh uh. He ended up driving it.

The interesting thing was I think the engine burned actually. Never saw that rig again.

Yes. Oil, oil and oil.

Or on the east coast OLL. lolz.

Years ago I worked locally and the bosses could care less about that blessed oil. I could go hunt for it in the shop and find there is none for the day. You would think they will put in a few extra barrels of the stuff for the morning so my rig was chronically short on oil.

One day she did finally get too short on the job. That was the end of the time there. Since it involved the chiefs this time, Im pretty sure there is a few barrels extra now at that shop. Prior to that I had a employer who was so desperate for anything that would cost money today. Engine needs oil. What do we do?

I watched him dump tractor fluid into the engine. I looked at him and backed away. Nope. Not me no siree. Nuh uh. He ended up driving it.

The interesting thing was I think the engine burned actually. Never saw that rig again.
Tractor fluid probably allowed for a hotter fire. Lol

Was told line haul would be exempt from weekly testing if unvaccinated
This mandate will specifically be aimed at companies with more than 100 employees, so that would include Saia. ATA is fighting hard for an exemption, but time will tell. Lots of moving pieces here (who would be exempt and why, is such a mandate legal and enforceable, etc). I see where ATA is coming from for such exemptions, but that's a slippery slope too. If you exempt one industry or certain subsets of industries, where is that line drawn for who gets exempted? Everyone will have a story/reason to be exempted. Bottom line: get a damn vaccine!

This mandate will specifically be aimed at companies with more than 100 employees, so that would include Saia. ATA is fighting hard for an exemption, but time will tell. Lots of moving pieces here (who would be exempt and why, is such a mandate legal and enforceable, etc). I see where ATA is coming from for such exemptions, but that's a slippery slope too. If you exempt one industry or certain subsets of industries, where is that line drawn for who gets exempted? Everyone will have a story/reason to be exempted. Bottom line: get a damn vaccine!
Aren't you the one that posted earlier, it's nobody's business and a matter of personal choice? lol
(As it should be)

Aren't you the one that posted earlier, it's nobody's business and a matter of personal choice? lol
(As it should be)
That is correct. Vaccination status is a personal choice, and like all health related questions, the individual is responsible for his/her own medical decisions. So those health decisions are none of Saia's (or anyone else's) business. But, it is my opinion that everyone should get a vaccine. I mean, not having Polio, Tetanus, Mumps, Measles, Rubella, Chicken Pox...sounds like a good thing. Since the beginning of time, mankind has sought to extend his life expectancy. Advances in medicine, including vaccines, have played a huge role in that advancement. Bottom line: get vaccinated and it's none of your employer's business!

I was in agreement with you until you started shilling for the ineffective clotshot.

Plus, why are so many otherwise healthy people suddenly dying after getting boosted?

Regardless, I won't be getting ANY Covid vax. Period.

I was in agreement with you until you started shilling for the ineffective clotshot.

Plus, why are so many otherwise healthy people suddenly dying after getting boosted?

Regardless, I won't be getting ANY Covid vax. Period.
I've never seen anyone die from a booster