Saints making tough moves..

Sad day in Panther Nation.Steve Smith is gone.I know hes 35 and high strung,but dude plays with a passion..Gonna be missed.

Brees did the same thing, it's a business.. Some understand it, some have to be told.... No one player is above the team... When that happens, you might as well be watching the WWE..... Jimmy just needs to be patient, he'll get paid....

BTW, they pulled the "released" tag off Sproles.. They want to see what they can get for him.. Smart move I'd say.... Loomis and Benson pay no attention to "Tweets"...LOL

Just a lot of names. A lot of these guys you won't remember in ten years.

Revis is good. But he ain't Darrell Green or Deon Sanders good.

Dunno,I think you could make a playoff team with the cast of FA this year.

With Michael Vick as your starting ( at least the first game ) quarterback ? I will admit a bunch of good guys switched teams. But Tom Brady or Payton Manning haven't gone anywhere.

With Michael Vick as your starting ( at least the first game ) quarterback ? I will admit a bunch of good guys switched teams. But Tom Brady or Payton Manning haven't gone anywhere.

It's not just one player, is what I think he's saying.. With a good "cast of players", I believe you could... Tom, Payton and Drew doesn't make the team... Making good decisions, yes... But that's why they get the big bucks..

It's not just one player, is what I think he's saying.. With a good "cast of players", I believe you could... Tom, Payton and Drew doesn't make the team... Making good decisions, yes... But that's why they get the big bucks..

right..... but you could go down the line. Calvin Johnson. Not moving. Adrian Peterson. Not moving. And so on. The best of the best aren't going anywhere. Which means teams are just changing supporting casts.

right..... but you could go down the line. Calvin Johnson. Not moving. Adrian Peterson. Not moving. And so on. The best of the best aren't going anywhere. Which means teams are just changing supporting casts.

Of course, it happens every year.. Look at the Saints after we won the Superbowl... Wholesale changes.. Then the "bountygate" thing.. The only way the league could force a team to not repeat... Wouldn't be right for the home host of the Surperbowl to be the Home Team, would it.... The league went after their strengths and that was the coaching staff... How long have bounties been in the league, in any league of sports for that matter.. And it won't end with the Saints being punished either..

Every team doesnt have a Brady or Manning or Peterson,or Megatron....I still think you could draft a playoff team with the players on the free agent list..

Every team doesnt have a Brady or Manning or Peterson,or Megatron....I still think you could draft a playoff team with the players on the free agent list..

Exactly. The best are the best for a reason. Wouldn't be very special if they were the norm.

Those players that are available are available for a reason. Injuries. Age. Poor performance. Believing they are worth more than what they give on the field. Some guys are just not of good character and poison the locker room.

A lot of times we don't realize how many times a guy makes an amazing athletic play, but that he had to because he had run the wrong play. This isn't a gamblers league. It's about consistency.

Example given : Seattle

There several examples throughout the years.. The 70's Steelers come to mind... A wholesale cast of HOF players that went to war together every Sunday... They weren't that talented, but put them on a football field, they would clean your clock...