Central Transport | Salvage trucks

it is for this company we are losing trucks at our terminal at a steady rate. everyday a truck is coming in on the hook. i think we are down a third of our fleet and started to rent trucks. we dont even have a mechanic at our terminal.

are any of your terminals having a hard time finding drivers? we are hiring at ours and cant get anyone to come in the door even in this bad economy.

if it is not dot vitran will not fix it.the plungers on the trailers if they dont work vitran will not fix it as it is not dot what a **** bag company

if it is not dot vitran will not fix it.the plungers on the trailers if they dont work vitran will not fix it as it is not dot what a **** bag company
A working plunger(snubber) is required, but can be trailer or dolley that has the working plunger, doesn't need to be both.

Yeup-welcome to Vitran/Pjax. Our terminal yanks good trucks out from drivers with seniority who earned the better truck, and give them to brand new drivers. Runs, too. Otherwise they quit after a couple of days seeing our **** poor equipment. (happens a lot actually). As for no job applicants after a while-reputation gets around among drivers. To be hired this time of year to cover the "busy season" and come fall be laid off, with not even enough time to get benefits or unemployment..most think why bother.

Is it normal for a company to run trucks until the motor locks, parts it out, then rent or buy used equipment.
Normal? No , when I hired on they gave me a old P-Jax truck that had not been serviced for over 80,000 miles. Before I could talk the shop into getting a pm done it left me sitting on the side of the road with a fuel filter plugged. I had to pay for it myself and then it took me 60 days to get paid back for it.The good news is that there are other trucks like mine that are dropping dead and I now have lots of parts to fix mine!!!!

That's pretty bad that a company won't take care of our equipment. Are biggest issue is the shop waiting to get approval to order parts.