Sanders, Kaptur introduce bill to restore retirement security for 10 million

Give me a break Let me be clear I'M NOT AN OBAMA FAN far from it, Or a hillary fan. I get that you guys feel he's making america great again, I deal with a whole break room full of trumpkins And there isn't anything that will change your mind. And I get WE WON YOU LOST. Except you didn't win they did. I'm going to let this go. Anytime anyone bad mouths the don they get a war and peace novel from you henry. And there are times I agree with you you can see that from the likes. Difference between you and I is I know when I getting played. And WE've been played by repubs and dems alike. Your hero is no different. and 400 jobs at carrier that are leaving after all was just a "cheap shot" to seal the deal. And Elwoods right no more politics in here I'll go that forum from now on on politics.
Let me remind you that you had 2 choices at the ballot box last November. Yeah, I know there were a few more, but they were just taking up spapce on the ballot. So realistcally you could have voted for Hillary, Trump or stayed home. Choice #1 and choice #3 were not an option, so let's make the best of what we have. The Dems are not about to let that happen. They would rather see the govenment fail completely. It's all about POWER for them. They don't care a rip about what's best for the country.

Give me a break Let me be clear I'M NOT AN OBAMA FAN far from it, Or a hillary fan. I get that you guys feel he's making america great again, I deal with a whole break room full of trumpkins And there isn't anything that will change your mind. And I get WE WON YOU LOST. Except you didn't win they did. I'm going to let this go. Anytime anyone bad mouths the don they get a war and peace novel from you henry. And there are times I agree with you you can see that from the likes. Difference between you and I is I know when I getting played. And WE've been played by repubs and dems alike. Your hero is no different. and 400 jobs at carrier that are leaving after all was just a "cheap shot" to seal the deal. And Elwoods right no more politics in here I'll go that forum from now on on politics.
So why bring it up?

No, I won't. Just like you believe.....Question authority.

Being argumentative is not questioning authority.

He questioned authority.

Elwoods motto.
:1sm057crazy:

The origins of my 'motto' are with Thomas Jefferson.

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so!"

Understand the meaning before applying to unrelated context.

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so!"

Yes sir.

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties" John Milton

" There can be no progress without head-on confrontation" Christopher Hitchens

"Give me the liberty to know, to utter, and to argue freely according to conscience, above all liberties" John Milton

" There can be no progress without head-on confrontation" Christopher Hitchens

Absolutely!! Continue your arguement.
Just move to the appropriate forum.

Absolutely!! Continue your arguement.
Just move to the appropriate forum.
OK. It's a done deal, but there never was an "argument". Just like Chris Hitchens once said, It was a "head-on confrontation"

"Culturally, one of the best arguments we can make is, wait and see" .....Os Guinness

"We seldom learn much from someone with whom we agree"....Mokokoma Mokhonoana
(and don't ask me who the hell Mokokoma is !!) All I know is the wisdom in his words.

Last edited:
Yup. Some washed up gay pro wrestler who liked to wear pink fur around his neck coming into the ring.
Just another "has been" like Al Franken that will do anything to avoid getting a real job. If you like to lie and decieve people for a living, what comes after that gig comes to an end? Why politician, of course. Usually Democrat, but in Jesse Ventura's case, even the Dems didn't want him, so he went Independent. Now he lives in Mexico. Just where he belongs. Good riddence.
The should have put the pads on him, stood him up, lashed his belly to the crossbar, leaving his hands & feet free, and allowed the Minnesota Wild or any High School travel team from say Hibbing MN, have a full practice session. Mask & cup optional.

QUOTE="Elwood, post: 1160578, member: 192"]Being argumentative is not questioning authority.

Understand the meaning before applying to unrelated context.[/QUOTE]
I have one more thing to say about your interpretation of the Thomas Jefferson quote you use as your motto, then I will "Let sleeping dogs lay"
Qoutes on the subject of law by men far more intelligent and far sighted than me are below.
"We are a nation of laws, not of men".....John Adams
"No man is above the law and no man is below it :Nor do we ask any man's permission when we ask him to obey it" Theodore Roosevelt
"I will obey every law, or submit to the penalty"....Chief Joseph

To do anything less than obey all laws as written, then we become like Hillary Clinton who believes in only obeying laws that she chooses to obey.
If an American citizen does not like any particular law, then they are free to take peaceful action to try to change that law, not openly disobey it.......................... :poke:....:stirthepot:....:usa:

Last edited:
The should have put the pads on him, stood him up, lashed his belly to the crossbar, leaving his hands & feet free, and allowed the Minnesota Wild or any High School travel team from say Hibbing MN, have a full practice session. Mask & cup optional.
I like the way you think. A bit more of that kind of justice and crime would drop like a rock.

<snip>
To do anything less than obey all laws as written, then we become like Hillary Clinton who believes in only obeying laws that she chooses to obey.
If an American citizen does not like any particular law, then they are free to take peaceful action to try to change that law, not openly disobey it.

I totally disagree. Anyone is free to disobey any law. However, no one is necessarily free of suffering the consequences of that.

Like I said to a dispatcher a long time ago - "You can't make me do something I don't want to do, you can only (possibly) punish me for not doing it."

I totally disagree. Anyone is free to disobey any law. However, no one is necessarily free of suffering the consequences of that.

Like I said to a dispatcher a long time ago - "You can't make me do something I don't want to do, you can only (possibly) punish me for not doing it."

That is what Chief Joseph said.
Anyone is "free" to do anything he (or she) wants, but if that "something" is against the written laws in this country, they may not be "free" for long.
Do the crime, expect to do the time.

(I hesitate to call any dispatcher a superior or an official, but it is what it is) Anyhow, comparing a refusal to do something a dispatcher tells you to do is completely different from refusing to comply with a written law.
The first one can get you fired for insubordination. The second can get you fined and/or thrown in jail.
In my working days, I was in conflict with dispatchers a lot over what they said they wanted me to do. The way I handled a disagreement was to get a steward or at least another union "brother" to be a witness to what I was being ordered to do, especially if it meant violating union work rules or safety. If it violated work rules concerning job protections of another member, I let it be known that there would be grievances filed on it by that other member and money would be paid. The steward, BA or other union person present would be witnesses. If it was a safety issue, I refused on those terms, a safety concern, with a witness present. I made sure I was on the clock when all this was taking place, taking pictures of the safety issue, noting the whole thing on my trip sheet complete with time clock punches and names of dispatcher and witness. Documentation, names of witnesses and supervisors and requests of signatures on the trip sheet does amazing things. (On one occasion, en-route to another terminal,a trailer wheel and hub broke on a trailer haz mat load that was maxed out on wt.. Central dispatch wanted me to get a chain and have a mechanic chain up the front axle of that trailer tandem and take it another 60 miles to a repair shop putting all the weight on just one axle. I told them it was too much weight and Haz Mat. They said to do it anyhow. I called the nearest State Trooper office. They said if they saw it, it would result in a BIG fine for both me and the company. I got the Sgt.'s name and called Cent Disp back. They got pissed, but that trlr didn't move until that hub and both wheels were replaced. I made my point. Once all this was done, not a single time was I forced to do something that involved safety violations, over-weight violations or anything that would have meant a grievance pay-out for someone else. They ALWAYS backed down when it came to a company official signing off (literally) on what I considered unsafe or a work rules violation.
They really hate to actually sign their name to anything. They would much rather be able to pass the blame off onto someone else if there was a pay-out , an equipment violation by the DOT or an accident. I even had one of them say to me, "We just want to get it out the gate. After that, it's your responsibility". I thought.."OK, we'll just put the responsibility back where it belongs before it goes out the gate". Sadly, dispatch used intimidation to get someone else to take equip with safety issues.
On the written law issue......it's pretty simple. The law is the law until somebody changes it. If you choose to break the law, be prepared to pay the price. As a judge once told ME, "Ignorance of the law is no excuse.... Guilty....... Pay the bailiff" ................ Next case.

Last edited: