R&L | Save the money on the STUPID BIRTHDAY CARD

awsomewrific

TB Lurker
Credits
Hey Zimmerman/R&L,

You can save the money on that stupid BIRTHDAY CARD you send me...I don't want a birthday card from you.
All I want is for you to LEAVE.
You have screwed this company up.
You wanna send me somthing, how bout my personal days, and 401k match back.
How bout you stop treatin us all likeshit, and we will call it even.
Keep your stupid card.

i know, i know...usually the wife and i are pretty militant about recycling. but that card was pure evil! it needed to go back into the portal of hell from wince it came....

A.
No, a "paid time off" (PTO) plan or policy does not allow your employer to circumvent the law with respect to vacations. Where an employer replaces its separate arrangements for vacation and sick leave with a program whereby employees are granted a certain number of "paid days off" each year that can be used for any purpose, including vacation and sick leave, the employees have an absolute right to take these days off. Consequently, again applying the principles of equity and fairness, DLSE takes the position that such a program is subject to the same rules as other vacation policies. Thus, for example, the "paid time off" is earned on a day-by-day basis, vested paid time off days cannot be forfeited, the number of earned and accrued paid time off days can be capped, and if an employee has earned and accrued paid time off days that have not been used at the time the employment relationship ends, the employee must be paid for these days.
This is from the Ca. Dept. Of Labor taking of our pto/vacation days is not legal in Ca. as it is considered earned wages

A.
No, a "paid time off" (PTO) plan or policy does not allow your employer to circumvent the law with respect to vacations. Where an employer replaces its separate arrangements for vacation and sick leave with a program whereby employees are granted a certain number of "paid days off" each year that can be used for any purpose, including vacation and sick leave, the employees have an absolute right to take these days off. Consequently, again applying the principles of equity and fairness, DLSE takes the position that such a program is subject to the same rules as other vacation policies. Thus, for example, the "paid time off" is earned on a day-by-day basis, vested paid time off days cannot be forfeited, the number of earned and accrued paid time off days can be capped, and if an employee has earned and accrued paid time off days that have not been used at the time the employment relationship ends, the employee must be paid for these days.
This is from the Ca. Dept. Of Labor taking of our pto/vacation days is not legal in Ca. as it is considered earned wages

And that relates to this specific thread how exactly?

he was trying to justify where the birthday card budget from in the 2010 R & L Carriers "Appreciate The Drivers/ Pride in our performance" line item.

cmon fellow drivers..are we really posting about bday cards and certificates...really? "the portal of hell it came from"...are you serious??? this thread is quite commical !

Yea Buford, I agree. That's one of the reasons I've pretty well quit posting much on here.

The conversation has turned stupid