SAIA | saving money

low-budget

TB Lurker
Credits
we all gave a little for the team with regards to wages.thats fine with me..but please help me understand why we are having vendors come out to our terminal at 6:00 in the evening to repair a flat when we have 2 full time mechanics,(both work day shift) a 6 bay shop,lots of tools,and plenty of tires??Its my opinion that a "vendor" should only be on the property for a tow...why are we throwing money away like this? If I am misunderstanding this....please....someone help me understand.(this kinda thing goes on at my terminal frequently)

I could see the logic in doing that if a driver is running out of hours, and cannot wait for the day shift. Otherwise, I don't see it. We've cut way back on calls for our vendor in GVL it seems. Unless their is a major problem, it looks like we are trying to group repairs together so they don't have to call the mechanic out everyday. We do not have a mechanic on staff at my terminal. You do have a valid point it would seem, driver.

Somebody is getting a kickback, a palm greased, under the table exchange, or whatever you want to call it.

You need to look at the yearly cost of having someone there 24/7, versus someone coming out now and then to fix a flat or lights.

The only problem with the master plan is, lets say you have a light out, if there is someone there you will take the time to get it fixed, if you have to wait for an outside service, I bet you will go. We save more money with this.