Scab carriers.

Frootloop

TB Regular
Credits
Since the programs ended on the east coast I’m seeing more scabs pulling Walmart GM than their own drivers. Swift Schneider Useless Xpress PTL Hub Group Werner Western Express. They are really scraping the bottom of the barrel. I can’t help but to think they want to exitinguish their private fleet soon. Very sad. What’s going on out there? Is it like this at all DC’s too?

From my understanding it’s all Walmart employees for right now. Wouldn’t be surprised to see temp agencies in the near future. Bet they wished they were Union now.
Sad state of affairs. Even the union couldn’t save the Kroger drivers who were all Teamster though so I doubt it would make a difference here.

From my understanding it’s all Walmart employees for right now. Wouldn’t be surprised to see temp agencies in the near future. Bet they wished they were Union now.

Yea maybe a union would get them YRC wages and no rail like YRC has..
Or that secure future YRC and ABF have...
There may never be a new teamster carrier again.. Non unions pay so much better...

I've been hearing that the entire N. Platte, NE. DC has been taken over by Crete, and that there are no more company trucks operating out of there.

I've been hearing that the entire N. Platte, NE. DC has been taken over by Crete, and that there are no more company trucks operating out of there.
That is a grocery DC. From talking to some of their drivers,almost 80 percent of the grocery freight is hauled by dedicated carriers, to the stores.

Guess walmart heard your rumors! They gave drivers a bump back in pay. Runs have been reinstated and walmart is getting rid of alot of contractors pulling grocery and expanding their fleet. No union needed their drivers complained and pushed back and the company listened

I think the writing is on the wall for the Wal-Mart fleet. It will soon be a thing of the past.
Fleet provides better service than the mega carriers.
No product to sell = no revenue, lost customer to amazon
WM driver unlikely to call in quits like 25 cents Swift newbie.

This past year has been all about reliability and service not cost cutting.

Costs are similar for WM and Crete. Tires cost similar for both.
Both face headwinds recruiting and retaining OTR drivers.