XPO | Sciatica, how do you deal with it?

Conway Lifer

TB Lurker
Credits
I’m looking for advice on sciatica, and how to deal with it. Seat cushions, exercises, anything, that you have found helpful, would be great.

One thing that helped me was to get some help with foot balance. A podiatrist or therapist can get you into some orthotics that can help. Even try the over the counter ones like Dr. Schols.

The other is to do planking exercises, it takes a while to get used to them, they helped me a lot. Also if you go to a gym, there is an exercise called back hyperextension that is helpful especially if you engage your gluts as you do them.

Sorry for the long post, these things helped me. The pain not gone, but very much reduced.

Oh, and reduce the size or remove your wallet while your driving.

I don’t have sciatica pain, but do have chronic low back pain. I bought the most expensive Purple cushion and like it. I also have a cushion that I got from my chiropractor for behind my back Which also helps.

I always carry my wallet in my front pocket... it's a lot more comfortable.

Plus it makes it harder for a pick pocket..... it almost feels like foreplay when my wife wants some money....
I also keep my wallet in my right front pocket on advice from my chiropractor.
I keep my money clip in the left front.

Been there done that.
Doctor told me this and it works, lot of water less coffee and tea.

Dehydration can cause back pain when the gelatinous material inside your discs lose water and are unable to hold the weight of your body, this causes the disc to collapse which can put pressure on the sensitive nerves exiting the
spinal cord.

Chiropractor adjustments once a month even though I'm not in pain. And, stretching hamstring muscles helps a lot.
My chiropractor got me through some of my worst episodes .
The members gave you some very good advice here . I keep
my wallet in my briefcase and only carried maybe $10 in cash
in my pocket , no watch or jewelry that you can be robbed of.

Good luck driver / Smokestack

My chiropractor got me through some of my worst episodes .
The members gave you some very good advice here . I keep
my wallet in my briefcase and only carried maybe $10 in cash
in my pocket , no watch or jewelry that you can be robbed of.

Good luck driver / Smokestack
I keep my wallet in my hip pocket still. Without that extra bulge of actual “cash” in it, I don’t even know it’s there. And if I were ever robbed, the robber would probably feel so sorry for me that he would give me his cash and watch. LOL!!!

The steps on the tractor are very good for stretching every time you climb in or out. Helps put that nerve back where it belongs and then the pain reduces or goes away. full stretch as far as you can without pulling something else three or four times