Yellow | Scott Ware's New Job At YRCW?!

My issue is not with servicing freight, once in the system. Our terminal services Reddaway freight that they classify as -3. It fills trailers that are bound to that area.

My issue is with regional freight that is obviously, in this case, Reddaway freight. YRC undercutting causes two problems. Reduced revenue for that regional carrier and an unnecessary influx of poor revenue freight clogging the breakbulk, adding to poor service of our core business.

Am I missing something?

Years ago I heard that when a customer called in a pickup, the service centers could route the pickup to any YRCW company who serviced the point...YRC Freight, Holland, New Penn, or Reddaway. A big stink was made about it because layoffs were happening at YRC Freight and the service center was allegedly re-routing the freight to regional companies. Who knows for sure? I'm sure Ernie is closely "monitoring the situation"?!

:bgroovy:

Years ago I heard that when a customer called in a pickup, the service centers could route the pickup to any YRCW company who serviced the point...YRC Freight, Holland, New Penn, or Reddaway. A big stink was made about it because layoffs were happening at YRC Freight and the service center was allegedly re-routing the freight to regional companies. Who knows for sure? I'm sure Ernie is closely "monitoring the situation"?!

My friend and mentor named his company ‘Bestway,’ because most companies designated their freight be sent ‘best way.’

Is he really?

latest

7IsZbpx.jpg

Relax people! I'll tell Ernie how we're going to "integrate" the network! That's why YRCW pays me the "high-exorbitant compensation package"!

Scott D. Ware
President of USF Holland,YRC Worldwide Inc.

Age Total Calculated Compensation This person is connected to 0 board members in 0 different organizations across 2 different industries.

57 $791,094
As of Fiscal Year 2016
Background*
Mr. Scott D. Ware has been the President of USF Holland, Inc., a subsidiary of YRC Worldwide Inc. since May 2012. Mr. Ware has 27 years of industry experience. He served as Vice President of Operations of Holland of YRC, where he was responsible for the management and execution of major operational initiatives focused on specific performance improvement. Prior to joining USF Holland in 2007, he served as Director of Line Haul Operations at Saia, Inc. He previously served ...

Read Full Background
\
Corporate Headquarters*
10990 Roe Avenue
Overland Park, Kansas 66211

United States

Phone: 913-696-6100
Fax: --
Board Members Memberships*
There is no Board Members Memberships data available.
Education*
BS
University of North Carolina at Charlotte
Other Affiliations*
Holland Inc.
University of North Carolina at Charlotte
Annual Compensation*
Salary $395,000
Total Annual Compensation $395,000
Stock Options*
Restricted Stock Awards $390,832
All Other Compensation $5,262
Total Compensation*
Total Annual Cash Compensation $400,262
Total Short Term Compensation $395,000
Other Long Term Compensation $396,094
Total Calculated Compensation $791,094
*Data is at least as current as the most recent Definitive Proxy.

:hissyfit:

Meanings of "Integration of Networks " ?
  1. integration, integrating, desegregation(noun)

the action of incorporating a racial or religious group into a community

2. consolidation, integration(noun)

the act of combining into an integral whole

"a consolidation of two corporations"; "after their consolidation the two bills were passed unanimously"; "the defendants asked for a consolidation of the actions against them"

I do know that all of Atlanta’s vacation and FMLA are now going to YRCW corporate.
It certainly is a possibility that all payroll and Human Resources could be consolidated into 1 department.We actually only have a handful of payroll and Human Resource employees at Holland corporate but taking New Penn , Reddaway and Holland’s H.R and payroll and combining into one with Yrcw seems likely to me.

I do know that all of Atlanta’s vacation and FMLA are now going to YRCW corporate.
It certainly is a possibility that all payroll and Human Resources could be consolidated into 1 department.We actually only have a handful of payroll and Human Resource employees at Holland corporate but taking New Penn , Reddaway and Holland’s H.R and payroll and combining into one with Yrcw seems likely to me.
Nnnnnnice...:17:

Another attempt at ‘seemless synergies’ between subsidiaries, as useless as my acrimonious alliteration.
“Quoth the Raven- Nevermore!” Mr Poe. (seemless should be seamless)

https://www.poetryfoundation.org/

And the Raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon’s that is dreaming,
And the lamp-light o’er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted—nevermore!

Last edited:

Those synergies seem less and less successful as time goes on.