FedEx Freight | Screw 80-90% of the original employees to make 20-25% new ones happy

then we can have a foot race and or see who can hook a set up the fastest, then we can have arm wrestling matches and then when all those fail we can all just jerk down our pants and get a ruler....

Oh That's A Good One.........SHORTY........

well I'm sure i'm out because i was laid off at National in 2007 and rehired June 2008. The senority issue swings back and forth. If you are on the east coast edging in to say Cincy and Tn. then National has the advantage. But if you are central south ( ex. AR., TX, LA.,) then it swings back to Freight (American) and again on the west coast (Viking). Even if I dont remain, I have to admit it seems fair going by original hire date. Funny how I worked for all three pre Fedex Companies.....and end out on my butt..

Wrong door, there were guys who drove for watkins long before fedex bought them, just like we drove for af before fedex bought us. I am not looking forward to dropping down the road board after a lot of guys dovetail in, but I know there will be work for me to do and I have every intention of doing that work to the best of my ability.

In most instances, it is my understanding, the freight terminal, not the watkins terminal is the one staying open, so the old watkins guys are the ones having to uproot and move for the most part, so if you ask me, that is what I call getting the shaft.

The company had to take steps to return to a profitable footing and it will be better for us all in time.

I"m guessing you voted for Obama too Waffleman. Take the rose colored glasses off bro, maybe then youll see that the "rain" pouring on your shoes, is really someone peeing on them....

I"m guessing you voted for Obama too Waffleman. Take the rose colored glasses off bro, maybe then youll see that the "rain" pouring on your shoes, is really someone peeing on them....

waffleman might not feel the same way after our meeting tonight

What does anyone want FedEx to do ? They honor all senority. they are giving a awesome severance package. Sure if and if I stay on I will have 40 more minutes tacked on my commute 1 way but it could be worse for me and everyone.

What about the folks that transferred to relay points such as Shamrock and Benson?
Tough to follow relay freight...where can they transfer to? Harrisburg?
Guys who transferred to these places from the city are SOL.
7 months linehaul board seniority...that'll be fun transferring into the bottom of a Freight barn.
Real swell of Fedex..."hey, we've got all these high-mile runs available. Come on and tranfer out here....never mind the fact that we're long into the planning stages of merging the opcos."
But no worries....you can go to the bottom of a Freight board in bum-{edit} Iowa with your whopping 7 months of board time.

Last edited by a moderator:
You give lakeland too much credit for being smart. They were adding linehaul jobs right before they were told to break up teams, putting the new hires sitting at home collecting unemployment right off the bat. Harrison didn't share squat with them

What about the folks that transferred to relay points such as Shamrock and Benson?
Tough to follow relay freight...where can they transfer to? Harrisburg?
Guys who transferred to these places from the city are SOL.
7 months linehaul board seniority...that'll be fun transferring into the bottom of a Freight barn.
Real swell of Fedex..."hey, we've got all these high-mile runs available. Come on and tranfer out here....never mind the fact that we're long into the planning stages of merging the opcos."
But no worries....you can go to the bottom of a Freight board in bum-{edit} Iowa with your whopping 7 months of board time.

You got it. Don't think you can make a living being # 13 on the extra board. I think I figured my husband and I would end somewhere between 10 and 13 on the extra board in Amarillo or Little Rock. Don't think we would get Childress or Stratford. Or maybe Fedex would give one of us one place and the other somewhere else,

You got it. Don't think you can make a living being # 13 on the extra board. I think I figured my husband and I would end somewhere between 10 and 13 on the extra board in Amarillo or Little Rock. Don't think we would get Childress or Stratford. Or maybe Fedex would give one of us one place and the other somewhere else,
First of all I wish you the best in landing somewhere you can make a living. Second ask a lot of questions about your locations to go into, ask what relays they have on both ends. ya know who and where is that freight coming from and going to. A lot of growth is expected after this new linehaul configration. More BIG accounts. And lastly if you do not have any luck going into the centers that you wrote on your preference sheet, there will be plenty of centers all across the country that are needing drivers to fill vacancies that won't be filled by dovetails. And you will have first shot at those jobs. Before anyone I am sure that is how it worked last time. So, if you would say ( as an example) become displaced and fill one of the openings at say St. Louis you have a good shot at a job on a HUGE Road board that will grow. Used STL as an example there will be a lot of opportunities across the country. Check what relays that center has if you are displaced.

First of all I wish you the best in landing somewhere you can make a living. Second ask a lot of questions about your locations to go into, ask what relays they have on both ends. ya know who and where is that freight coming from and going to. A lot of growth is expected after this new linehaul configration. More BIG accounts. And lastly if you do not have any luck going into the centers that you wrote on your preference sheet, there will be plenty of centers all across the country that are needing drivers to fill vacancies that won't be filled by dovetails. And you will have first shot at those jobs. Before anyone I am sure that is how it worked last time. So, if you would say ( as an example) become displaced and fill one of the openings at say St. Louis you have a good shot at a job on a HUGE Road board that will grow. Used STL as an example there will be a lot of opportunities across the country. Check what relays that center has if you are displaced.

I read the info as if you are "displaced" meaning none of the places you choose have openings, ie; you get laid off but work till end of Jan. and accept the severance you can not re-apply at FedEx for a year.

I read the info as if you are "displaced" meaning none of the places you choose have openings, ie; you get laid off but work till end of Jan. and accept the severance you can not re-apply at FedEx for a year.
If none of the centers you listed on your form have openings. I know for a fact that last time around in 08 men "chose" to become displaced and moved to another center that had openings not filled by dovetail transfers. Once again a leap of faith and a willingness to move away- maybe far away. check with someone with a brain if you can find one.