FedEx Freight | Screw 80-90% of the original employees to make 20-25% new ones happy

wrong door

TB Lurker
Credits
Is it just me or did 80-90 % of the co Fedex Freight get the shaft, kick in the a@#. or wharever you would like to call it just to make mabey 20-25% of the new work force happy. Mabey its just me feeling this way but my gut says differant.

Is it just me or did 80-90 % of the co Fedex Freight get the shaft, kick in the a@#. or wharever you would like to call it just to make mabey 20-25% of the new work force happy. Mabey its just me feeling this way but my gut says differant.

here we go again

This is fair warning , "Don't let this turn into a pissing match."

READ THE RULES HERE NOW PLEASE CLICK HERE TO REVIEW

1) Please keep foul language to a minimum, any excessive un-called for language will be removed and you will receive a final warning. Do not bypass language filters to skirt them, if we wanted that word here, we would not have blocked it in the first place.

4) Threats of or insinuating bodily injury not tolerated here, do not intimidate others, we are a friendly website

5) There will be no posts meant to offend or hurt any other member, in a manner which is offensive or inflammatory.

15) Keep it family friendly

Please remember this while posting ...

While I agree there is no need to start another thread about how we got screwed as FXFE employees but I hardly see where the previous post consist of hate and intimidation

Wrong door, there were guys who drove for watkins long before fedex bought them, just like we drove for af before fedex bought us. I am not looking forward to dropping down the road board after a lot of guys dovetail in, but I know there will be work for me to do and I have every intention of doing that work to the best of my ability.

In most instances, it is my understanding, the freight terminal, not the watkins terminal is the one staying open, so the old watkins guys are the ones having to uproot and move for the most part, so if you ask me, that is what I call getting the shaft.

The company had to take steps to return to a profitable footing and it will be better for us all in time.

What does anyone want FedEx to do ? They honor all senority. they are giving a awesome severance package. Sure if and if I stay on I will have 40 more minutes tacked on my commute 1 way but it could be worse for me and everyone. People will loose their jobs that is true but its not like we are getting the boot tomorrow. We have a hell of a notice. I'm thankful for that notice. If I stay or can stay I'm thankful the company cutting costs. We then can be competive on rates and hopefully nail down service. It all depends on how you look at this. For some of you that hate the purple monster take the buy out. This is a blessing for you. Let us that want to be here stay. Don't stay miserable life is short. If I get the cut ? I found this job I can find more. I'm a million miles or more safe driving coast to coast I know I will be just fine and so will all of you. God bless and be safe.

the other foot

Trust me im smarter than the advrage bear, if the shoe was on the other foot yall would be crying, Hell when we bought yall that all I heard then " boy fedex sure screwed us" this that and another yall are going to be missirable with us we are going to be missirable with yall. Trust me let the shoe be on the other foot we would be reading all of yalls post angry bitter and everything we are. Im sick of hearing yall [ national] saying we got the shaft we have to move or laid off ha when u use ur seniority to jump over the ones on the bottom and the frt. scm gets a memo from his or her boss saying u have 2 many city or road drivers who does the scm cut the ones on the bottom and if u remember u have seniority carrying over so whos the ones on the bottom mostly frt.

What does anyone want FedEx to do ? They honor all senority. they are giving a awesome severance package. Sure if and if I stay on I will have 40 more minutes tacked on my commute 1 way but it could be worse for me and everyone. People will loose their jobs that is true but its not like we are getting the boot tomorrow. We have a hell of a notice. I'm thankful for that notice. If I stay or can stay I'm thankful the company cutting costs. We then can be competive on rates and hopefully nail down service. It all depends on how you look at this. For some of you that hate the purple monster take the buy out. This is a blessing for you. Let us that want to be here stay. Don't stay miserable life is short. If I get the cut ? I found this job I can find more. I'm a million miles or more safe driving coast to coast I know I will be just fine and so will all of you. God bless and be safe.

This is better than what I was offered at Holland when they closed our terminal:2437:... I would of taken the severance package if there was one. All I was offered was to transfer to Buffalo or Cleveland with my seniority.... which is fair.

But a severance package would of been nice because there is no chance of them reopening again here. :nutkick:

Sorry I had to put my two cents in from the outside. But this doesn't seem like a bad deal to me.

In my own personal opinion of coarse.

Last edited by a moderator:
No problem. I think these FedEx folks need to read how fair we are being treated. Thanks for the post

There you go...:clapping: No driver,dockworker or red shirt had any say on this merger. Fedex gave us all a job and now they're giving us all a choice of what to do.
Each person on both sides of the merge has to base that choice on what's best for their family .

I went throught this exact same thing (albeit not a merger) with another carrier less than two years ago.

They walked into my terminal and 39 others and made the declaration that in two weeks those facilities would close. And that was for the terminal merging with others. The ones that weren't being merged were told at the end of the day they were no longer needed by the company...adios!

For those terminals that were being merged with others...those good folks were given a four day window to decide on whether they would follow the freight (if qualified)...take the severance...as either an option or without any option (they didn't have a choice).

The company did not offer 'lay-off' options...just economic termination. And supposedly they offered people assistance in locating another job...but I do not know of anybody to whom that happened.

My severance pay had I took it was just shy of 10K. This was after seven years of employment with this company...I had the option of following the freight...what was a five mile commute to work became 75 miles...door to door.

There was no minimum severance...some folks got a little as $300...those were the ones hired still in their probationary period.

There was no transition payment...just the buyout of your vacation...personal days...and the severance.

The highest payout I know of was around 15K...

We didn't recieve a four month notice...just two weeks.

Hundreds of good hard working people lost their livelihood...future...and the ability to provide for their families. With just 14 days notice they were thrown under the bus...kicked to the curb...no longer needed or wanted by this company.

My point is this...as bad as this sucks...it could be worse...much worse...just ask some of the peeps at YRC.

What FedEx is providing may not be the optimal solution...but it is a hell of a lot better than what I and many others have experienced.

I may end up getting adiosed...hopefully that doesn't happen...but if it does I will be OK... in part due to the fact of what FedEx has provided.

YMMV...we will all be OK...just gotta get over the rough spots...

Life goes on with or without Fred.

Rat

Imagine how much more efficient they'd be if everybody could hit the dock on the first try!!!! knew how to drop a trl so the next guy wouldn't have to crank his tail off etc etc. It would be a great place to work!

I Do

I do , but then again I'm a freight driver
Sorry I just had to
The merge will be good for Fedex's future
YRC will go down someday, why ?
the co is doing nothing to make things better
If anybody recalls , 2 or so years ago the first people to
take a hit here were management pay cuts
not drivers,dockworkers,clerical
we've kept our money,although we work the dock and drive now
for those who will keep there jobs GET OVER IT
cause many of your brothers and sister are going to be WITHOUT

Maybe they should sort us out by road tests and safety records. That way it's up to YOU . That sound fair nough?

Sounds good to me. 20+ years without an accident or moving violation. :wavey:

Still haven't heard whether I'll have a job after this or not but it's been a much better company than most I've driven for and in the end they have to do what is best for the company. As others have said, I was looking for a job when I found this one, I can find another if necessary.

it's funny about 3 years ago the subject of one board one senority was of discussion within management of fedex, it was determined that it would only benefit 25% of employees and "upset" 75% of employees, that is what just happened, yes i am thinking about myself whats wrong with that, oh that's a retorical ?

11 or 12 years without any violations (moving or otherwise here), but only 2 with the company. I am going to be out in the cold. Too many drivers under me on the CCN linehaul board that have more company seniority than I do. Well, it's been fun, guys.

Maybe they should sort us out by road tests and safety records. That way it's up to YOU . That sound fair nough?

then we can have a foot race and or see who can hook a set up the fastest, then we can have arm wrestling matches and then when all those fail we can all just jerk down our pants and get a ruler....

then we can have a foot race and or see who can hook a set up the fastest, then we can have arm wrestling matches and then when all those fail we can all just jerk down our pants and get a ruler....
Those things are genetic...can't hold people responsible for what their parents gave, or didn't, give them.