SEARS BANKRUPTCY COMING

This is a 72 or 73 not sure. Onan engine, still an animal blowing snow.

32057010244_f02b27f266_k.jpg

Oh................So this is snow? I can't believe people actually live in this.

Unbelievable a dying company can drag their feet so many years continuing to lose money. Everyone knew many years ago it was dead.

Craftsman sockets went from made in USA to Taiwan years ago. Never considered shopping Craftsman tools ever again. They thought they saved switching to made in Taiwan!

I love it. Summer is my least favorite season.

All I can say is, you're one tough dude!
It is beautiful, but only on TV.
Unbelievable a dying company can drag their feet so many years continuing to lose money. Everyone knew many years ago it was dead.

Craftsman sockets went from made in USA to Taiwan years ago. Never considered shopping Craftsman tools ever again. They thought they saved switching to made in Taiwan!

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, I don't buy foreign vehicles, I don't claim they are inferior to what I drive
but it's my money, and I can live without one.
I've bought Mac, Cornwell and Snap-On tools, but none compare with Craftsman's warranty, regardless of where they're made.

All I can say is, you're one tough dude!
It is beautiful, but only on TV.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion, I don't buy foreign vehicles, I don't claim they are inferior to what I drive
but it's my money, and I can live without one.
I've bought Mac, Cornwell and Snap-On tools, but none compare with Craftsman's warranty, regardless of where they're made.

All three of those companies make Superior tools, if you had any warranty issues with a Snap-On Mac or cornwell, call another dealer, my Snap-on and Mac guy will usually bend over backwards for me. I wish I had a Cornwell dealer.

All three of those companies make Superior tools, if you had any warranty issues with a Snap-On Mac or cornwell, call another dealer, my Snap-on and Mac guy will usually bend over backwards for me. I wish I had a Cornwell dealer.
i never, ever had any problems either with the name brand tools...sears did however, "make" tools that were named SEARS, NOT craftsman, and they were crap, no warranty tools.

Snap-On, won't replace a ratchet you busted with a pipe, they will sell you a kit to repair a worn out one,
sockets used with an impact wrench, forget it, Sears would replace pull handles, ratchets broken with a pipe.
I'm going back to the 50s, we had the best Mac dealer in the country.
My dad could call him at midnight, he would say come to my house, I have what you need.
I have never found no one stand behind tools to compare with Sears.

Snap-On, won't replace a ratchet you busted with a pipe, they will sell you a kit to repair a worn out one,
sockets used with an impact wrench, forget it, Sears would replace pull handles, ratchets broken with a pipe.
My dad could call him at midnight, he would say come to my house, I have what you need.
ok, as i mentioned, i wrenched way before driving. first, i never broke a snap-on, mac, proto, or s&k ratchet, mostly cus i always have the proper sized breaker bars.

the reason why snap-on had ratchet repair kits, was because the ratchets never broke. but when i needed the guts of a ratchet wrench, i got that for free, and from what i can recall, i only needed that once in all my years, and i seem to recall it was for the 1/4 drive ratchet.

yes, sears had a no questions asked warranty, i have had craftsman tools, but for HOME use. i do have some craftsman tools to this day.

i never had a socket (chromed) break due to misuse, but yes, they would break, then the snap-on or other toolmen would replace it for free.

i used the impact sockets as much as i could, only occasionally using an impact wrench, (usually a ratchet style), not the gun style, and maybe i broke one or 2 sockets, with no questions asked replacements. when you spend THOUSANDS of dollars on tools like i did, the tool men, just hand over replacements.

i think that in my time as a wrencher, i amassed something like $40,000 in the assortment of tools and boxes that i had. today, that might very well be hitting just above the $100,000 mark. (if not much more)

i think we could all debate this issue on what was/is the best hand tools out there, suffice it to say, it's like the debates on what car, truck is the best as well.

i treated MY tools with care, and kept them clean at ALL times. like i treat my personal and former company vehicles as well.

when things break, there IS a reason as to why.

either manufacturer's defects (so few and far between), or downright abuse.....pure, plain and simple.

no ratchet was made to be abused by using a pipe, to extend the torque you apply to that handle. THEY DO MAKE extended handle ratchets.

Whenever anything gives me a hard time, I go up adrive size. I have a long handle Matco breaker bar in 3/8 Drive. It's a joke, it bends like a cheese stick. Three-quarter Dr we'll take care all of the stuff half Drive won't budge.

I messed up the guts on a half inch drive Craftsman ratchet with a pipe, our local Sears was one of those small independent stores, they didn't give me a new ratchet but gave me new guts for the old one which was OK with me, only takes a few minutes to switch it out.

I messed up the guts on a half inch drive Craftsman ratchet with a pipe, our local Sears was one of those small independent stores, they didn't give me a new ratchet but gave me new guts for the old one which was OK with me, only takes a few minutes to switch it out.

I did the same thing, the guy asked if he could use a repair kit, I said sure, he later discovered he didn't have one
to fit that old style and gave me a new one.

ok, as i mentioned, i wrenched way before driving. first, i never broke a snap-on, mac, proto, or s&k ratchet, mostly cus i always have the proper sized breaker bars.

the reason why snap-on had ratchet repair kits, was because the ratchets never broke. but when i needed the guts of a ratchet wrench, i got that for free, and from what i can recall, i only needed that once in all my years, and i seem to recall it was for the 1/4 drive ratchet.

yes, sears had a no questions asked warranty, i have had craftsman tools, but for HOME use. i do have some craftsman tools to this day.

i never had a socket (chromed) break due to misuse, but yes, they would break, then the snap-on or other toolmen would replace it for free.

i used the impact sockets as much as i could, only occasionally using an impact wrench, (usually a ratchet style), not the gun style, and maybe i broke one or 2 sockets, with no questions asked replacements. when you spend THOUSANDS of dollars on tools like i did, the tool men, just hand over replacements.

i think that in my time as a wrencher, i amassed something like $40,000 in the assortment of tools and boxes that i had. today, that might very well be hitting just above the $100,000 mark. (if not much more)

i think we could all debate this issue on what was/is the best hand tools out there, suffice it to say, it's like the debates on what car, truck is the best as well.

i treated MY tools with care, and kept them clean at ALL times. like i treat my personal and former company vehicles as well.

when things break, there IS a reason as to why.

either manufacturer's defects (so few and far between), or downright abuse.....pure, plain and simple.

no ratchet was made to be abused by using a pipe, to extend the torque you apply to that handle. THEY DO MAKE extended handle ratchets.

You are right, arguing tools is like arguing vehicles, no winner.
As for warranty, no one beats Sears.
Sears replaced a screw driver, pull handle cut in two by a cutting torch, an entire box of tools that had been in a
shop fire, Why? because upper management Told my brother, "if you can read Craftsman, its our policy"
Most of my tool failures have been,plain ordinary abuse, as you called it.
I never made my living with my tools, they are for my convenience, I have no PET tools, if I put a pipe on a tool
and it fails, so be it, warranty or not it is replaced if need be.
I have more tools from my dads truck shop back in the 40s and 50s than most shops have today.
No, they are not PETS either.
You said you don't use an impact wrench often, try changing track pads on a IHC track loader
You will wear out or bust about 6 good 9/16 impact sockets for each side, they are 3/8 SAE and come
off tight every thread.
BTW, Sears replaced those also!