SEFL | SEFL Line haul drivers!What brand of new lh tractors would you like to see purchased?

volvo with a power train equel or better than the internationals we currently have.

How do you like the International Daycabs...I assume yall run Cummins in them. The only ones I ever ran were okay but the heater wasn't the best and the wipers were a piece of ::shit::, especially in the middle of a snow storm. Are they any better now..

How do you like the International Daycabs...I assume yall run Cummins in them. The only ones I ever ran were okay but the heater wasn't the best and the wipers were a piece of ::shit::, especially in the middle of a snow storm. Are they any better now..

cummins in single axles, Cats in twin screws. Heater ok but you are correct about wipers in snow.

To the best of my knowledge. All the new trucks have cats in them.There are a few hundred scattered through the system .Freightliners and internationals (single and twin screws).I heard a "rumor" that they were going to go back to volvos for linehaul trucks,but dont know which motor they are going to use.
I would like to see volvos on the road. I have driven old H series volvos that rode better then the new internationals.

The ride of the International stinks. I would like to see Volvo's again but with better pulling power. I have a single axle with a Cummins and it pulls great,but they cut the nads out of most of the twin screw cats.they still pull better than the old Volvo's but the suspension sucks.

the internationals will beat you to death. get into one of those million mile volvos, and cadillac down the road if you can stand how dirty the inside of the truck is. when are they going to buy new trucks alot of them are getting up there in mileage.

Who knows when each terminal will get new trucks..I just know there is a few hundred sitting in different locations around the system.It would be nice to see all the city "c" series off the road . My knees always hit the dash ,and I would have to make an appointment with my chiropractor for an adjustment.
I dont think they will buy new trucks for another year. Maybe more sleepers. I havent heard what motor they will go with .Since cat isnt making motors for trucks anymore due to the epa restrictions.

At Dayton Freight,we are getting all the new twin screws IH Pro-Stars. I personally have'nt drove yet, the guy's say the ride is fantastic(air ride front end),but that's all they have going for them. One guy will claim a good puller, then another has a dog that can't pull the glove off your hand. Unfortunatly they are all ordered with automatic transmissions,everyone claims backing to the dock is a bi*ch!!

the internationals will beat you to death. get into one of those million mile volvos, and cadillac down the road if you can stand how dirty the inside of the truck is. when are they going to buy new trucks alot of them are getting up there in mileage.

I know there are a bunch of Int. still at atl and nat. I would say with freight down and 2010 epa standards, the will wait till at least late 10 or 11.

I think they will stretch what equipment they have a couple years.They still have a couple hundred trucks sitting around the system . From what I've seen they have cut several runs around the system. So they dont need to buy new trucks .Maybe after the freight starts picking up
Does anybody know how ,or has the time to photo shop a pic? I would be interested in seeing the Int'l Lonestar in S.E.F.L. colors. See a nostgic looking new rig would be interesting to see .and submit that to Jimmy see if he goes for it...lol