service update

you just verified their intent to not negotiate in good faith thanks for that! why would someone make those kinds of plans if they intended to get a contract they we could all live with. Their offer was just plain crap period.

I did not verify anything. YOU just take it out of contents just to sling crude.

:duh:i'll type slow for you :duh:
you just said they had these plans in place for years, whats to take out of context?:duh:

--------------------------------------------------------
YOU ARE SOOO WRONG HERE... THEY WERE NOT EXPECTING THE STRIKE! THEY HAD things in place incase of a strike but those steps were in place for years.

a. Premeditation
Evidence indicates that Oak Harbor made a decision to permanently replace its
employees well before the current round of collective bargaining began. A representative
of the Teamsters stated that in a meeting with Oak Harbor management in 2007,
company Co-President David Vander Pol informed him that in preparation for the
upcoming round of negotiations later that year, the owners had met earlier with
management from several shipping companies on the East Coast that had successfully
defeated Teamster strikes and eliminated the union from their operations. According to
Hobart, Vander Pol indicated that the company was prepared to pursue this option.
Similarly, a former recruiter of truck drivers for Modern Staffing and Security
Consultants, Inc. (“MSSC”), a company that is now supplying replacement workers for
Oak Harbor, stated that in late 2006 he was told by MSSC President James Rexroat, that
MSSC would be hiring truck drivers to work during a upcoming strike for a “client” in
the Pacific Northwest. Mr. Rexroat informed the recruiter that the client was trying to
“get rid of the union” and that “ome of the jobs would be permanent jobs . . . for the
client.” As subsequent events revealed, the client Rexroat discussed was Oak Harbor.
Although the collective bargaining agreement with the Teamsters did, in fact, expire in
October 2007, employees continued working without a contract until the strike began in
September 2008.
MSSC’s efforts to recruit replacement drivers for Oak Harbor also suggest that
the latter’s prior intent was to permanently replace its workforce. On May 20, 2008, four
14 Code of Vendor Conduct, supra, at n. 2.
15 See generally, Jeffrey Sherman, The Striker Replacement Doctrine as Seen by a Management Attorney,
Perspectives on Work (LERA, 2006), available at:
LERA: Perspectives Online Companion.
months before the strike began, Mr. Rexroat posted a job listing on Craigslist for “CDL A
Drivers . . . (Washington State)” which stated that the “[p]roject is temp[orary] to
perm[anent] and 90% of our staff will be retained full time.” Drivers were requested to
respond to the website of a company named Pacific Transport Services, LLC.16 As of
this date, a posting for “Class A CDL Drivers Pacific Northwest” is the only job opening
listed on that site. Elsewhere on the site, it states that “91% of our Drivers are hired
directly by our Clients within one year.”17 The evidence from multiple sources suggests
that, as early as prior to the beginning of the strike, it was Oak Harbor’s plan to
permanently replace its employees.
b. Provocation
Substantial evidence also supports the conclusion that, during the current round of
contract negotiations, Oak Harbor intentionally provoked a strike by proposing changes
to employees’ wages, benefits and working conditions that would be unacceptable to the
union and its members. Taking this approach in negotiations seems to have been the
result of a prior decision made by the company.

"Happyltlguy, I am still waiting for you to PM me that # so I can call the mediator to verify you claims"

Silver did you ever get the name or number?

I guess that is where we find the difference between you and I, because I'll never trust anyone but God and myself with my best interests.
Well you can trust whom ever you like but I have serious reservations if God gives a damn about this company. I am sure the Dutch Brothers have been trying to re-wright the Bible to fit their needs. Does the Dutch Reformed Church or whatever they belong to require tithe? Bet the VP's are cooking the books good. "Lets see Ed, maybe 1% here and .5% there and 2% here I think I can get .75% on this one, and I know a good CEO from a bank that just took 31 billion dollars from the government trough ...Holy Sheep David, the Big Guy owes us."

Hey maybe I'll start a religion thread....

Ed, The wooden shoes have dry rot.

a. Premeditation
Evidence indicates that Oak Harbor made a decision to permanently replace its
employees well before the current round of collective bargaining began. A representative
of the Teamsters stated that in a meeting with Oak Harbor management in 2007,
company Co-President David Vander Pol informed him that in preparation for the
upcoming round of negotiations later that year, the owners had met earlier with
management from several shipping companies on the East Coast that had successfully
defeated Teamster strikes and eliminated the union from their operations. According to
Hobart, Vander Pol indicated that the company was prepared to pursue this option.
Similarly, a former recruiter of truck drivers for Modern Staffing and Security
Consultants, Inc. (“MSSC”), a company that is now supplying replacement workers for
Oak Harbor, stated that in late 2006 he was told by MSSC President James Rexroat, that
MSSC would be hiring truck drivers to work during a upcoming strike for a “client” in
the Pacific Northwest. Mr. Rexroat informed the recruiter that the client was trying to
“get rid of the union” and that “ome of the jobs would be permanent jobs . . . for the
client.” As subsequent events revealed, the client Rexroat discussed was Oak Harbor.
Although the collective bargaining agreement with the Teamsters did, in fact, expire in
October 2007, employees continued working without a contract until the strike began in
September 2008.
MSSC’s efforts to recruit replacement drivers for Oak Harbor also suggest that
the latter’s prior intent was to permanently replace its workforce. On May 20, 2008, four
14 Code of Vendor Conduct, supra, at n. 2.
15 See generally, Jeffrey Sherman, The Striker Replacement Doctrine as Seen by a Management Attorney,
Perspectives on Work (LERA, 2006), available at:
LERA: Perspectives Online Companion.
months before the strike began, Mr. Rexroat posted a job listing on Craigslist for “CDL A
Drivers . . . (Washington State)” which stated that the “[p]roject is temp[orary] to
perm[anent] and 90% of our staff will be retained full time.” Drivers were requested to
respond to the website of a company named Pacific Transport Services, LLC.16 As of
this date, a posting for “Class A CDL Drivers Pacific Northwest” is the only job opening
listed on that site. Elsewhere on the site, it states that “91% of our Drivers are hired
directly by our Clients within one year.”17 The evidence from multiple sources suggests
that, as early as prior to the beginning of the strike, it was Oak Harbor’s plan to
permanently replace its employees.
b. Provocation
Substantial evidence also supports the conclusion that, during the current round of
contract negotiations, Oak Harbor intentionally provoked a strike by proposing changes
to employees’ wages, benefits and working conditions that would be unacceptable to the
union and its members. Taking this approach in negotiations seems to have been the
result of a prior decision made by the company.

I understand all this, its compelling, provacative, but is only a part of the picture. My understanding is that the governing bodies that diliberated over this have the rulings. The company has posted them and are apparently abiding by them. So where are you going with this. Yes the VP's filing counter ULP's may be tit for tat, but it is pretty standard, and if they can prove damages, they will have the Union paying the attorny fee's.

The union has not done anything the company has not. Except for a few guys who wanted to make this uglier than it already is. The company has filmed everystep we make. They put unsafe drivers on the road (youtube). They have let several large accounts go by the wayside. Their new caring employees have spit on us, hit us with their trucks and have broken several local driving laws (driving on a bridge that can no longer support the weight of trucks), running red lights, driving with their doors open. This is why it is now JOKE HARBOR. Our teamster drivers would know better.

The union has not done anything the company has not. Except for a few guys who wanted to make this uglier than it already is. The company has filmed everystep we make. They put unsafe drivers on the road (youtube). They have let several large accounts go by the wayside. Their new caring employees have spit on us, hit us with their trucks and have broken several local driving laws (driving on a bridge that can no longer support the weight of trucks), running red lights, driving with their doors open. This is why it is now JOKE HARBOR. Our teamster drivers would know better.

Last part of your statement, "Our teamster drivers would know better". I think you will find that the amount of incidents teamster drivers have been involved in, isn't much different. So what you are telling me is that if we went to any union barn, we could look at the safety file and it would be empty, because all teamster drivers walk on water, as it were. I could point to just about any driver from brand new to 25 years or more experience and bet the would tell you, Yea, I ran a light, left the door open, dropped a loaded trailer without unhooking lines or lowering the gear or both. If we were all perfect, The tractors would only go to the dealers for PM and trailers checked every 90 days. We wouldn't need the shops that we have, no one breaks things. This teamster attitude will be that of you own dimise, with this economy we need to be a little more humble and humility is a great tool. I visited YouTube, and what I saw there is nothing to write home about. Nothing I haven't seen many a driver, union or non, do on a repeated basis. And non really out of the ordinary, maybe I missed some, who knows.

Last part of your statement, "Our teamster drivers would know better". I think you will find that the amount of incidents teamster drivers have been involved in, isn't much different. So what you are telling me is that if we went to any union barn, we could look at the safety file and it would be empty, because all teamster drivers walk on water, as it were. I could point to just about any driver from brand new to 25 years or more experience and bet the would tell you, Yea, I ran a light, left the door open, dropped a loaded trailer without unhooking lines or lowering the gear or both. If we were all perfect, The tractors would only go to the dealers for PM and trailers checked every 90 days. We wouldn't need the shops that we have, no one breaks things. This teamster attitude will be that of you own dimise, with this economy we need to be a little more humble and humility is a great tool. I visited YouTube, and what I saw there is nothing to write home about. Nothing I haven't seen many a driver, union or non, do on a repeated basis. And non really out of the ordinary, maybe I missed some, who knows.

I am not saying the teamster drivers are perfect. What I am saying is they know their customers. Know what they want. Most of the drivers do little extras for each account to keep the dock boss happy. The new guys do not have these skills. Yes they can be trained but how many accounts have to be lost before the company figures this out?

I am not saying the teamster drivers are perfect. What I am saying is they know their customers. Know what they want. Most of the drivers do little extras for each account to keep the dock boss happy. The new guys do not have these skills. Yes they can be trained but how many accounts have to be lost before the company figures this out?

This is an argument we have had for a long time. Yes customers like having the same driver, but they also know about workload, vacations, driver being sick, retiring or just going some other direction in their live. Is that to say, we won't deliver that customer until the driver is able to come back, that we can not train a new driver when the buisness picks up. You are putting yourselves upon a pedistle that no one else can do what you do. We have all gone into a new account from time to time, we don't exactly know what they want, but with any driver worth his/her salt will learn very quickly. And yes, we all should strive to for excellence and "the new guy's do not have these skills" but either did you when you started.

I see you danced off the last post, but you are right everyone can learn. The difference that most drivers for ohfl have been there 10+ years. It was a company to stay at until retirement. It no longer is. They used to be the power house in the NW. They have lost their respect. Once the integrity is gone it will take several years to build it back. WAS IT ALL WORTH IT?

I see you danced off the last post, but you are right everyone can learn. The difference that most drivers for ohfl have been there 10+ years. It was a company to stay at until retirement. It no longer is. They used to be the power house in the NW. They have lost their respect. Once the integrity is gone it will take several years to build it back. WAS IT ALL WORTH IT?

"Was it all worth it?", I don't know, I am not union and in spite of a taking a cut, I really havent been effected much, my lifestyle is the same. But then I have always lived conservatively. You and those on the picket lines will have to answer that question. Seems to me, no one was forced into this fight, unless the union forced them, and then they still had the right under "hershey". The company wasn't capable of calling a strike, only the union. And the union had demands that the company apparently didn't want to consider. They and only they, through the votes of the membership had the authority to call a strike. Bluffs were made, called and the hand was lost. Plain and simple, its time to either brush is off, play another hand or cash out and call it a day. Please answer this because I have not heard or seen. What is happening right now, what is the union telling people to do?

8ball, aren't you leaving out the fact that there were plans to lock-out the Teamsters back on 10/31? Yes, this is ALLEGED....I understand that (please don't delete my post, Big R....) however everything that I thought and the other Teamsters thought would happen, happened.

Going into this, I figured it was going to last at least this long, maybe longer, but I wasn't about to let Oak Harbor set an example to other companies that they can just toss out Union workers like trash!

No, Teamsters aren't mightier than all other drivers out there. FedEx Freight for example have great drivers. But I think the benefits that come with being a Teamster, such as the Teamsters Welfare Trust, and knowing you have someone that for the most part....has your back in an "AT-WILL EMPLOYEE" world, makes them an overall HAPPIER person.

8ball, aren't you leaving out the fact that there were plans to lock-out the Teamsters back on 10/31? Yes, this is ALLEGED....I understand that (please don't delete my post, Big R....) however everything that I thought and the other Teamsters thought would happen, happened.

Going into this, I figured it was going to last at least this long, maybe longer, but I wasn't about to let Oak Harbor set an example to other companies that they can just toss out Union workers like trash!

No, Teamsters aren't mightier than all other drivers out there. FedEx Freight for example have great drivers. But I think the benefits that come with being a Teamster, such as the Teamsters Welfare Trust, and knowing you have someone that for the most part....has your back in an "AT-WILL EMPLOYEE" world, makes them an overall HAPPIER person.

I see no reason to delete this post.

I have and had no knowledge of what was going on in the minds of the VP's or other management. As you stated they were alleged until decided by the NLRB. The offense that were found to be credible have been charged and punishment set forth. All of your actions, as teamsters to walk off and to remain off, is and was based on the advise by the union. You were sold a bill of goods only to find out there were major flaws in their plans. I for one would not want to be put in a position by the vote of 51% of votes collected.

truckerchick-usted es una concha estúpida estúpida