FedEx Freight | Severance Pay

Twice Pipes

TB Veteran
Credits
We were told we would be notified between October 4th and the 15th if we were to receive the severance pay. The 15th was last Friday. After several phone calls I was told meetings with the effected drivers will be held on Monday October 18th. TP

We were told we would be notified between October 4th and the 15th if we were to receive the severance pay. The 15th was last Friday. After several phone calls I was told meetings with the effected drivers will be held on Monday October 18th. TP

Twice Pipes :bowdown:

So did you get invited to the meeting?????????????
Or did they lose your paperwork???????????????

:shift:

After receiving the wrong information several times, including the wrong information from the "Hot Line" my paperwork was changed to a volunteer severance pay recipient, thanks to D Hinkle who finally had the correct information. The TM at my terminal has meeting set up Monday with all the drivers effected. I'll be 500 miles away sitting in my hotel room, so a phone conference has been set up. I would love to take the early out, and make room for a younger driver to move up one spot. TP

After receiving the wrong information several times, including the wrong information from the "Hot Line" my paperwork was changed to a volunteer severance pay recipient, thanks to D Hinkle who finally had the correct information. The TM at my terminal has meeting set up Monday with all the drivers effected. I'll be 500 miles away sitting in my hotel room, so a phone conference has been set up. I would love to take the early out, and make room for a younger driver to move up one spot. TP

Twice Pipes :bowdown:

Sounds like you have a Sunday out layover run.
Why don't you just take the trip off and collect a little bit of your vacation hours in order to be there in person.
Besides, that way you do not have to sleep through the Nascar Cup race at Charlotte tonight.

NASCAR.COM Video - The Chase All Access: Kurt Busch at Charlotte

:shift:

10 dash 4 on the Sunday night layover. I'm a lucky guy, my TM is an old freight guy and he comes equipped with common sense so communication on the phone isn't a problem, besides if I show up in person my bride will add to the list of thing I have to do around the house, which equals more work for less pay.

I'll be right in front of my 52 incher watching the race tonight with an adult beverage in one hand and some barbeque in the other. My wife is not allowed to bug me during these few precious hours. You have the wrong Busch Brother winning the race. Roughty Kyle Busch will win the race. ( The New Mr. Excitement) The 48 car will crash late in the race and finish 24th. The Old Fart has spoken. TP

The race is about to start. I'm in my office with our fat cat sitting in her chair. I have my adult beverage, my barbeque, I'm playing poker on line, and my bride went shopping. Life is good. TP

A suggestion for anyone planning on taking severance or just plain leaving the company. On your last day of work, FedEx will call the benefits department and have all of your medical, dental, vision plans canceled immediately. FedEx does not let your benefits run till the end of the month like most companies do.
You will be given the option to COBRA your benefits, and it will pick up on the day after they canceled, but you wont get the offer to COBRA for 2-4 weeks after they canceled you.
So, if you have an ongoing medical condition or need maintenance drugs, make sure you see your doctors and have the prescriptions filled before your final day, so you won't be caught without like I was.
This has happened to me and several other drivers I know over the last couple of months. Good luck with your future plans. Stay safe out there!

I thought in Arkansas they were required by law to extend it for at least 6 months?

I don't know about Arkansas, but in Pa. I always thought federal law said we had to be offered COBRA before the benefits ran out, so there wouldn't be any lapse in coverage. It was explained to me that I was wrong, and that the law says FedEx has 30 days to offer COBRA. There is no law that says they can't cancel them.
Of course, in a company that cares about the well being of it's employees, things wouldn't run this way, but we've seen the direction our company has been on for several years now, so no surprise.

I don't know about FEDEX here in AR but with my daughter at taco bell she was covered for 30 days before (pay the money ) and cobra kicked in.

I'm going to say this once, and only once.....

FedEx is going to do everything in their power to pay as little in Severance Pay as they can. They are going to be creating "Temp" jobs all across the board and if you don't take them....you don't get the Severance.

FedEx is going to do everything in their power to pay as little in Severance Pay as they can. They are going to be creating "Temp" jobs all across the board and if you don't take them....you don't get the Severance.

livlly909 :1036316054:

I think you are on the right track.
Thanks to ObamaCare you really can't blame any employer for just hiring temp or part time help, until they have better visibility as to what it is going to cost to hire full time employees in the future.

:popcorn:

Post#5! You hit the nail on the head. We were told the "glowing" news about our transfers this morning. All the drivers at my barn are following the freight to our new terminal! LOLOLOLOL! Following the freight? We have lost freight faster than Obama has supporters. Our terminal now looks like Tombstone, or Dodge City rather than a trucking terminal. I am well into my new job search, and have a few prospects in the works. Best of luck everybody. You wouldn't catch me sending a package now with FedEx for nothing. Its UPS, or USPS for me! :1036316054: