Pitt-Ohio | Shame

I told them I'd take off and have a long weekend. I enjoyed my Friday night. Went to dinner with my family. It's icy here in Buffalo but probably could have ran tonight. Either way it's not my call so I'm making the best of it.

Hopefully you had fun. I'll be panhandling for spare change to buy groceries and gas. If you see me wave and toss me a quarter or two
That sucks. We've ran all winter and only been asked minimally to take off. They seem to be very cautious here at Pitt. It's got it's pros and cons. Hopefully soon things will pickup more. I've seen more freight recently so I'm just trying to be patient and stay positive. Definitely looking to run something else other than Utica eventually.

You can forget about a Union as that would sure be the demise of your employment if you work here, somewhat of a [Stupid] suggestion on your part! Been here 23 years and you don't know what you are talking about! You will get paid! So what if it is not on your the day you wan't . Rest assured if you worked you will get paid for it!

Teals use to give us 11% of our annual salary into our pension. On 80k that's $8800. That's what we don't get here. We have a surveillance state here. Only a matter of time before the mass exodus starts.

These drivers are so much in the dark about how much the company is screwing them.
This is hilarious. I've had 2 good friends leave UPS freight in Buffalo in the last couple of years cause they were sitting by the phone starving. ABF is a well run company no doubt but wether or not their hiring is location specific. This place is far from perfect but the pay and benefits are top notch here in Buffalo. At this point I don't even know if the NY teamsters pension is even actively trying to get former contributing companies back into the plan. Finding an employer other than ABF, parcel and Cassens that still contribute to the fund is few and far between around here.

This is hilarious. I've had 2 good friends leave UPS freight in Buffalo in the last couple of years cause they were sitting by the phone starving. ABF is a well run company no doubt but wether or not their hiring is location specific. This place is far from perfect but the pay and benefits are top notch here in Buffalo. At this point I don't even know if the NY teamsters pension is even actively trying to get former contributing companies back into the plan. Finding an employer other than ABF, parcel and Cassens that still contribute to the fund is few and far between around here.
That’s why I moved away from there over 25 years ago. And that is when there was many large union ltl companies still left in Buffalo.