Pitt-Ohio | Shame

That’s why I moved away from there over 25 years ago. And that is when there was many large union ltl companies still left in Buffalo.
So how are we getting screwed? As I've posted in the past I have family and friends in the UFCW local 1 multi employer pension plan. My sister in laws deceased husband had 28 years in the plan at the time of his passing. They've eliminated spousal survivor benefits. My friends in their 40's are gonna be lucky if they ever see a dime for the 20+ years they have in the fund. I'm happy retirees are getting what they were promised but saying Pitt is screwing us is laughable.

So how are we getting screwed? As I've posted in the past I have family and friends in the UFCW local 1 multi employer pension plan. My sister in laws deceased husband had 28 years in the plan at the time of his passing. They've eliminated spousal survivor benefits. My friends in their 40's are gonna be lucky if they ever see a dime for the 20+ years they have in the fund. I'm happy retirees are getting what they were promised but saying Pitt is screwing us is laughable.
Wait till you have accident, or a speeding ticket. And don’t forget the insurance that if your wife has a job and provides insurance Pitt won’t cover her. ABF pays $47,000.00 a year for my pension and healthcare for me and my wife.

Wait till you have accident, or a speeding ticket. And don’t forget the insurance that if your wife has a job and provides insurance Pitt won’t cover her. ABF pays $47,000.00 a year for my pension and healthcare for me and my wife.
I'm not disagreeing with you about what ABF offers. Their on an island by themselves unfortunately these days in LTL. No companies are getting into the pension plans anymore. That's a reality in today's world. The forums on this site only prove that.

I have plenty of union family members and friends who 100% feel screwed over by their pension promises. All the companies are either not in the plans anymore or are at minimum contribution amounts cause their company can't afford the withdrawal liability.

I have plenty of union family members and friends who 100% feel screwed over by their pension promises. All the companies are either not in the plans anymore or are at minimum contribution amounts cause their company can't afford the withdrawal liability.
I know many people in the same boat.

That's great for someone younger with time on their side. Pitt is the best nonunion carrier in terms of pay and health benefits in my area hands down. I myself have a pension plan non teamsters that's already in default. I'm not going down that road anymore. I'm happy others are or are finally getting what they were promised. I'll take my own money and match and make the most of it. I'll go into retirement 20 years from now more than debt free and have gotten my boys into adulthood able to stand on their own feet as men. No more promises on paper from something I don't control or have access to.

That's great for someone younger with time on their side. Pitt is the best nonunion carrier in terms of pay and health benefits in my area hands down. I myself have a pension plan non teamsters that's already in default. I'm not going down that road anymore. I'm happy others are or are finally getting what they were promised. I'll take my own money and match and make the most of it. I'll go into retirement 20 years from now more than debt free and have gotten my boys into adulthood able to stand on their own feet as men. No more promises on paper from something I don't control or have access to.
The only thing guaranteed in life is taxes and death driver. And we are both on the highway of death more then most.

Teals use to give us 11% of our annual salary into our pension. On 80k that's $8800. That's what we don't get here. We have a surveillance state here. Only a matter of time before the mass exodus starts.
$80k in 2022 for LTL linehaul and you're whining about Pitt? You might want to get out now before the mass exodus starts and all the good jobs are taken.

Drivers got lied to. Said they were going to get paid for Friday if they worked Sunday that didn't happen. We need a union. This wouldn't happen if there was a union here.
You don't get two days pay for one day of work, the only shame is on you for thinking you would. I'd like to see where in the Teamster's NMFA that they would get a paid for a weather cancellation without even showing up at the terminal. Decisions are made based on weather forecasts, and the likelyhood of being able to safely complete each run out of a terminal. If a meteorologist can't accurately predict the weather it's not likely that the decision makers in linehaul will be able to either.

The only thing guaranteed in life is taxes and death driver. And we are both on the highway of death more then most.
Spend more time telling that to the drivers here that don't have no premium no deductible health insurance and a company that is growing. I won't be a driver with Pitt pom poms like we're the best and everything is perfect. We currently have no premium no deductible health insurance. Yes your spouse has to take their health insurance if offered. We're currently mileage wise on linehaul most likely at the top rate that other teamsters will see in 4 to 5 years. I don't make this post lightly based on my family history but truth is the truth. In Buffalo NY no company is going into anything teamsters anytime soon. Talk $hit all you want. I come from a union family but that comes with knowing what the truth is. Breaks my heart to have to post this to grown men who know better.

$80k in 2022 for LTL linehaul and you're whining about Pitt? You might want to get out now before the mass exodus starts and all the good jobs are taken.

You don't get two days pay for one day of work, the only shame is on you for thinking you would. I'd like to see where in the Teamster's NMFA that they would get a paid for a weather cancellation without even showing up at the terminal. Decisions are made based on weather forecasts, and the likelyhood of being able to safely complete each run out of a terminal. If a meteorologist can't accurately predict the weather it's not likely that the decision makers in linehaul will be able to either.
so you think 80k for running 560 plus miles a night working 55 plus hour a weeks is good money? Keep drinking that red cool aid driver. 460 miles a night 45-50 hours a week.

image.md.jpeg

Ufcw isn't the Teamsters.

so you think 80k for running 560 plus miles a night working 55 plus hour a weeks is good money? Keep drinking that red cool aid driver.

image.md.jpeg
Great your the 1% of drivers. I've never said ABF was crap. I have cousins that work for US foods for almost 30 years as teamsters and never seen a pension. I've worked for Sysco and they got out around 1990. I'm happy for you and and drivers that have this. Go and get it. It's not the reality for 99% of us anymore. I'm honest in what I've posted. I'm not sleeping next to my wife tonight cause she's caring for a sister and a disabled niece that's been forgotten about by union benefits and pension. Get yours driver and good for y'all while the rest of us provide for those that can't.

I'm not sleeping next to my wife tonight cause she's caring for a sister and a disabled niece that's been forgotten about by union benefits and pension. Get yours driver and good for y'all while the rest of us provide for those that can't.
Sorry to hear that brother...

Great your the 1% of drivers. I've never said ABF was crap. I have cousins that work for US foods for almost 30 years as teamsters and never seen a pension. I've worked for Sysco and they got out around 1990. I'm happy for you and and drivers that have this. Go and get it. It's not the reality for 99% of us anymore. I'm honest in what I've posted. I'm not sleeping next to my wife tonight cause she's caring for a sister and a disabled niece that's been forgotten about by union benefits and pension. Get yours driver and good for y'all while the rest of us provide for those that can't.

Jeff Mercadante the cs that married chuck’s daughter. Will screw any driver he can. Even though I seen him pull out of a yard and cut off cars with no regard to safety.​

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want them to have your back your ****ED. Suspend me if need be. I haven't lied or exaggerated. My sister in law had to pay back the UFCW local 1 pension fund her late husband's benefit of $2800 cause he died 6 hours short of living into May as the pandemic happened. Last day of the month he stopped breathing 6 hours of the new month they had to get their money back and she had 10 days to repay it. Talk the garbage y'all want. My wife and I have spent a small fortune for what a union pension says they promise until times get tough.

Yes it is. As soon they bought teals. All someone had to do is get in contact with the union to organize.