Sharp Dressed Man

Hookman

Just passing thru on my way home
PREMIUM
Credits
Years ago many companies furnished quality hats for their drivers with uniforms as society was a little more classy back then. Also the ladies liked a bad boy in uniform as many Ryder/Pie drivers will happily verify. This beautiful example is from Jonson Motor Lines out of North Carolina who some called Lazy J while their drivers probably preferred to be known as Big Johnsons. Somebody put up the ZZ Top video please.

hat-jtl.md.jpg

Last edited:
Years ago many companies furnished quality hats for their drivers with uniforms as society was a little more classy back then. Also the ladies liked a bad boy in uniform as many Ryder/Pie drivers will happily verify. This beautiful example is from Jonson Motor Lines out of North Carolina who some called Lazy J while their drivers probably preferred to be known as Big Johnsons. Somebody put up the ZZ Top video please.

hat-jtl.md.jpg
Lazy J, Central, and Akers Motor Lines, McLean hung around a local drive-in trying to impress the ladies.
They wore their uniforms religiously, even when off duty.
Ryder drivers were handsome enough to woo them without uniforms.
Those guys ran their sleepers up the East coast and laid over almost every trip, while we ran the sunny south.
Big R drivers didn't hang around often, they were too busy polishing their leased Autocars.

hat-jtl.md.jpg
Ain't that the truth brother, and I'm glad to say I worked for both of them. But the #1 sharp dressed man at Ryder has to be seabreeze. I heard all of those southern belles loved him.:usa:
:clapping::6788:

I WAS WITH SANBORN'S BUT DONT RECALL R.I.RED
WE DID HAVE A ROADMAN OUT OIF AUBURN MAINE WHO WORE AN RAILROAD ENGINEERS
HAT ALL THE TIME.

REMINDS ME OF A PRESQUE ILE MAINE DRIVER, JOHNNY H, WHO ALWAYS WAS ON TIME TO THE BOSTON TERMINAL, AN 8 HOUR RUN.. ONE NIGHT IN SNOWED BAD ALL OVER NE
AND JOHNNY SHOWED UP AT BOSTON RIGJT ON TIME
i ASKED HOW HE DID THAT AND HE REPLIED " I HAD TO DO SOME SERIOUS TRUCKIN
LAST NIGHT"..

I WAS WITH SANBORN'S BUT DONT RECALL R.I.RED
WE DID HAVE A ROADMAN OUT OIF AUBURN MAINE WHO WORE AN RAILROAD ENGINEERS
HAT ALL THE TIME.

REMINDS ME OF A PRESQUE ILE MAINE DRIVER, JOHNNY H, WHO ALWAYS WAS ON TIME TO THE BOSTON TERMINAL, AN 8 HOUR RUN.. ONE NIGHT IN SNOWED BAD ALL OVER NE
AND JOHNNY SHOWED UP AT BOSTON RIGJT ON TIME
i ASKED HOW HE DID THAT AND HE REPLIED " I HAD TO DO SOME SERIOUS TRUCKIN
LAST NIGHT"..
Presque Isle to Bean Town can separate the men from the boys!

hat-jtl.md.jpg
Sorry, but ZZ Top lost their Bassist today....

220171061_366897274799835_5208423251336845218_n.md.jpg

BONEYARD ON GAS V-8 ENGINES
LEROI ,WHO MADE AIR COMPRESSORS, MADE A HEAVY DUTY GAS V-8 IN THE 50'S.
IT WAS AN OPTION FOR AUTOCARS..CITIES SERVICE RAN SOME AROUND BOSTON.

I WORKED FOR BRANCH AT THE TIME AND WE MOVED FROM GAS B-60 MACKS TO INTERNATONALS WITH A 225HP V-8...THEY RAN 75 MPH DOWN THRU CONNECTICUT AND ONLY QUINN'S FREIGHTLINERS COULD PASS THEM...INEFFICEINT AT 2.5 MPG AND LOTS OF ADD OIL. THEY WOULD BLOW AT UNDER 100,000 MILES, BRANCH WENT DIESEL LATER THAN SOME IN 1982 WITH WHITE 9000'S WITH 220 CUMMINS AND 10 SPEED ROADRANGERS.

BONEYARD ON GAS V-8 ENGINES
LEROI ,WHO MADE AIR COMPRESSORS, MADE A HEAVY DUTY GAS V-8 IN THE 50'S.
IT WAS AN OPTION FOR AUTOCARS..CITIES SERVICE RAN SOME AROUND BOSTON.

I WORKED FOR BRANCH AT THE TIME AND WE MOVED FROM GAS B-60 MACKS TO INTERNATONALS WITH A 225HP V-8...THEY RAN 75 MPH DOWN THRU CONNECTICUT AND ONLY QUINN'S FREIGHTLINERS COULD PASS THEM...INEFFICEINT AT 2.5 MPG AND LOTS OF ADD OIL. THEY WOULD BLOW AT UNDER 100,000 MILES, BRANCH WENT DIESEL LATER THAN SOME IN 1982 WITH WHITE 9000'S WITH 220 CUMMINS AND 10 SPEED ROADRANGERS.
Those branch white 9000 ran pretty good in the flats until they hit a grade.The fords later on ran good also