Holland | Shortage of Manager's & Supervisor's ?

Thanks.
I load my own stuff the best I can.
It's not my place to supervise.
It's their job to monitor what's going on. They do. But don't correct anything.
Just complain at preshift about damages. It's a joke.
That part of don't correct anything is one of many good reasons a company goes under. The drivers & loaders pretty much know what needs to be done & how to go about it. So why would he walk the dock? Better to stay in the office. That way he does not get in the way of the dock employees. Or run over by a lift. von.

I wis
That part of don't correct anything is one of many good reasons a company goes under. The drivers & loaders pretty much know what needs to be done & how to go about it. So why would he walk the dock? Better to stay in the office. That way he does not get in the way of the dock employees. Or run over by a lift. von.
I wish could say that's true.
But these guys load like ::shit::.
Even older guys.
New guys. Worse.
I have no one to impress. But myself. I take my time and load the CUSTOMERS product like it was mine. And I have stressed that but I give up. I'm tired and I have blinders on when I go by the direct doors. I can't fix them all and everyone knows it's out of control. Some of these guys remind me of when I was a casual trying to keep my job going. That's not necessary anymore and that was 30 plus years ago. They think if the dock is clear they are doing someone a favor.
Turn around and see what the loads look like. ::shit::. No favors. Just pissed off customers.
I had to swap a 53' er last week that was just going 30 miles to 511. Never left the yard but looked like it came out of 309. Worse. Not a stick of Dunnage and 3 deck bars.
I have a solution. But I'm not even gonna bring it up. No point. All they want is a dumpster full of freight and shut the door. The end. They get what they pay for now a days.
I'll be gone before conttact. If I can even make it that long. The last year and a half is gonna feel like 20 years. And it shouldn't. I can barely drag my ass in there now.
Good luck.
(I apologize to the Holland guys and women. This should be on another forum. But may apply here. I hope it's not as bad here.)

Last edited:
True.
I see it everyday.
EVERYDAY!
Drives me crazy but there is nothing. Think about it. Nothing I can do about it.
I've said and done all I could to help. I'm done. They don't care. Here. Or anywhere.
One person cannot do it.
They won't spend the time to fix it. Just deal with the aftermath. Pass the damage along. F the next terminal.
That's the way I felt. That's why I had to leave the ::shit:: hole terminal that I worked at. Couldn't tolerate it any longer.

Management Turnover is out of control lately and this is one of many reasons of the daily operations that out of control too and bottom line is you can't keep running a company into the ground like yrcw is doing to Holland ......

Been without a Manager going on 2 months now and heard many other Barns are without Manager's or temporary ones filling in , pretty sad when can't hire or keep Manager's over 6 months to a year and very hard to run a SUCCESSFUL company too :6788: