Central Transport | Should linehaul drivers get paid for drop and hook?

Superman

TB Lurker
Credits
Why should LH drivers get paid drop and hook? Isn’t it part of their job description? Should a dock worker get paid extra to recouped freight thrown around the trailer because a driver slams on the brakes to take an exit ramp for a nap? Should a P&D driver get paid extra because someone to lazy to spot their trailers at the dock and just drop the set in the yard… Should a dispatcher get paid extra to run half way across the state to pickup a trailer that was left at another terminal because the wrong one was pulled in the yard? Should a person in the office get paid extra to fix a drivers paper work because he can’t write clearly or enter the right mileage? What makes you so special!

linehaul drivers get paid only for the miles that are driven, they are not hourly employees. Next time you fuel, drop and hook or breakdown just clock out until your ready to drive off the lot. Thats when you will understand what free work is all about and why a person would like to get paid for a job that a P&D driver normally gets paid on the clock.

[quote author=Bobo2365 link=topic=82697.msg854777#msg854777 date=1280945215]
Why should LH drivers get paid drop and hook? Isn’t it part of their job description? Should a dock worker get paid extra to recouped freight thrown around the trailer because a driver slams on the brakes to take an exit ramp for a nap? Should a P&D driver get paid extra because someone to lazy to spot their trailers at the dock and just drop the set in the yard… Should a dispatcher get paid extra to run half way across the state to pickup a trailer that was left at another terminal because the wrong one was pulled in the yard? Should a person in the office get paid extra to fix a drivers paper work because he can’t write clearly or enter the right mileage? What makes you so special!
[/quote]
Spoken like a REMF. Drivers can be held at company terminals and not get paid, no matter how long a wait. I've been held too long at terminals and had to go to a hotel for the night due to inept dispatchers. Sitting in a hotel, no way to go get food , not home with my family, with no layover pay. Did it help the company? No. Actually hurt them, less freight moved, hotel expense,etc.
Drop and hook pay,no-it's part of the job. Doubles-yes. Detention- should be paid. Layover-should be paid. Probably never will. Instead, our turnover rate rivals McDonalds!

[quote author=Bobo2365 link=topic=82697.msg854777#msg854777 date=1280945215]
[/quote]

I don't see why we can't get paid for all the little extras we do. It's quite obvious the company waste enough money on and because of "STUPIDITY". (sorry if i offend anyone)

I understand the so called “Not getting paid” I’m salary and put in over 55-60 hours a week. Not counting the times I get calls through out the night and working weekends as “Free” but I knew that when I took the job and expect it… It just floor’s me to interview a person and tell them straight what their duties are and they agree , only to hear soon afterwards of how over worked they are, how they are not getting enough pay for what they do… The whining and crying, complaining. Go back to your non working piece of crap rock hauling truck you came out of and be happier! Cry baby…

[quote author=Bobo2365 link=topic=82697.msg858356#msg858356 date=1281716468]
I understand the so called “Not getting paid” I’m salary and put in over 55-60 hours a week. Not counting the times I get calls through out the night and working weekends as “Free” but I knew that when I took the job and expect it… It just floor’s me to interview a person and tell them straight what their duties are and they agree , only to hear soon afterwards of how over worked they are, how they are not getting enough pay for what they do… The whining and crying, complaining. Go back to your non working piece of crap rock hauling truck you came out of and be happier! Cry baby…
[/quote] :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

THIS GUY IS A DUMBA$$ WOW NOW YOU SEE WHY THE MANAGEMENT END OFF THIS FREIGHT HAULER THING IS SCREWED UP IF THEY HIRE PEOPLE LIKE HIM I WOULDNT HIRE HIM TO MANAGE A FREAKIN FLEA CIRCUS. I GUESS IT DOESNT MATTER WHEN WE HAVE TO FUEL,ADD OIL,ANTIFREEZE,AND REPLACE ANY BLOWN LIGHTS FUSES OR AND OTHER THING THE CITY DRIVERS LEAVE TORN UP ON OUR TRUCKS I COME IN 45 MIN TO AN HOUR EARLY EACH NIGHT ON MY TIME JUST TO MAKE SURE MY TRUCK IS IN ONE PIECE.IF IT MAKES HIM FEEL BETTER WE AT SAIA DONT GET PAID FOR OUR FIRST AND LAST DROP AND HOOKS ONLY THE ONES IN BETWEEN I KINDA DISAGREE WITH THIS BUT I LIVE WITH IT AND JUST GO ON MAYBE THIS DUDE NEEDS TO DEVIDE THE NUMBER OF HOURS WE LINE DRIVERS WORK USUALLY 12 TO 14 PER DISPATCH BY THE AMOUNT OF MONEY WE MAKE PER DAY IL BET WE END UP MAKING LESS PER HOUR THAN THE CITY GUYS WHEN ITS ALL SAID AND DONE :rant: