FedEx Freight | Should We Cancel The Truck Driving Championships

Also, having one or more of our drivers named as the CHAMPION DRIVER, NATIONWIDE, in whatever division. Their name and "Drives for FedEx" in every local and state newspaper, on top of trucking magazines websites?
In all my years of being a truck driver I never heard from a customer "We are shipping our freight with this company because the won the TDC" I hear we are shipping with them because the price or service is better.

When FedEx Freight stops:

1.) Letting the dock chimps destroy the freight without repercussion.

2.) Routing the freight by throwing the bills up in the air and then loading the trailers in the order they land.

3.) Expecting the drivers to spend time reloading the trailer to correct #2.

4.) Promoting diversity hires to positions they aren’t capable of doing and then keeping them around or making up phony positions for them because they are worried about lawsuits if they get rid of them.

5.) Requiring dispatchers to never communicate with each other so two trucks can show up at the same place.

6.) Sending trucks on wild goose chases to pick up freight that was picked up 2 days ago.

7.) Sending a driver that’s on overtime back out for a swap while a driver that started 5 hours later is driving a forklift on the dock.

There’s more, but if they stop doing the above and don’t see that they are saving thousands of dollars a day, then maybe they should look into canceling participating a once a year event like the TDC’s.

When FedEx Freight stops:

1.) Letting the dock chimps destroy the freight without repercussion.

2.) Routing the freight by throwing the bills up in the air and then loading the trailers in the order they land.

3.) Expecting the drivers to spend time reloading the trailer to correct #2.

4.) Promoting diversity hires to positions they aren’t capable of doing and then keeping them around or making up phony positions for them because they are worried about lawsuits if they get rid of them.

5.) Requiring dispatchers to never communicate with each other so two trucks can show up at the same place.

6.) Sending trucks on wild goose chases to pick up freight that was picked up 2 days ago.

7.) Sending a driver that’s on overtime back out for a swap while a driver that started 5 hours later is driving a forklift on the dock.

There’s more, but if they stop doing the above and don’t see that they are saving thousands of dollars a day, then maybe they should look into canceling participating a once a year event like the TDC’s.
BRO!!! I think we work at the same barn.

TDC is a joke. Just an excuse for the brown nosers to go brown nose the higher ups. We had a guy win the state championship in the bread truck division. He shouldn’t of even been eligible, had an in yard accident, which got covered up and listed as an incident or some type of equipment failure. Which some how made him eligible. Guy gets away with murder at our yard. Then a few years back a driver goes, takes his family and one of the Harrison guys ends up having an affair with the drivers wife. So yeah I think I will stay away.
Did the driver sue his employer for loss of services from his cheating wife. With the right attorney, he might have a case, or not. von.

Did the driver sue his employer for loss of services from his cheating wife. With the right attorney, he might have a case, or not. von.

I’m pretty damned skilled at duck hunt, can you please tell me which of the brass to punch in the face at nationals this year?

Nope. I know he made a big stink with any big wig that he could get a hold of, don’t blame him. Then about 6 months later he got “randomly” chosen to go to Vegas for the new equipment convention.