Shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was the drivers I would be looking for a new job, I think the damage is to big to recover from this, I can almost bet that they lost some major accounts, I'm sure the DOT is going to make sure that land air has all there equipment fixed , which that's going to cost money. ( money they don't have ). Also it's Jan 1 at all employees are entitled to their 1,2,5 weeks vacation more money they don't have , but that's my opinion, I'm just reading the writing on the walls

I worked there for almost ten years. They bully you to run with poison and food mixed together. I stood up for myself. They have people run with outdated dot cards, expired licenses, and with no hazmat endorsements. They don't fix anything. I was terminated by the owner because I wouldn't take his faulty equipment on the road. The owner himself refused to fix it. He said "take it or leave it." This is the mentality of the owner so this isn't a big shock to anyone. Karma is finally knocking on Spencer's door.

eiQhHhn.jpg

Carrying freight is still somewhat of a regulated industry and you need rights to do it. You need insurance, you need DOT numbers on vehicles and more. Your insurance company needs VIN's as well. I would not use a personal vehicle to deliver freight. It's a jail term waiting to happen. If the company can't afford to run legally they can't afford to pay drivers while they're shut down. I wish the drivers well but any company that operates like Central Transport (which is what this LAXNE sounds like) should be shut down.

don't give spencer that much credit, moroun might be a rotten scoundrel, but he HAS money. spencer is a cheap idiot, and has been running this company poorly ever since he started getting union problems at his terminals. he takes it personally every time his drivers revolt because of his crappy conditions.

I worked there for almost ten years. They bully you to run with poison and food mixed together. I stood up for myself. They have people run with outdated dot cards, expired licenses, and with no hazmat endorsements. They don't fix anything. I was terminated by the owner because I wouldn't take his faulty equipment on the road. The owner himself refused to fix it. He said "take it or leave it." This is the mentality of the owner so this isn't a big shock to anyone. Karma is finally knocking on Spencer's door.

bill spencer needs to clean up, i think a toaster bath ought to do it. the FMCSA isn't going to be in a hurry to help this scumbag out though, as under their rules, they have given him time already to at least TRY and clean up. he cant stand being told what to do, law or not. He told everyone to stop using the medical care so much, when he changed it to their pathetic HSA plan. iirc, the quote was something like "walk it off, in the old days, people didn't go to the doctor so much". The world would be a better place once this guys stops using air....

He told me everyone from jersey and Springfield mass are nothing but a bunch of thugs. Must be a Vermont thing.

bill spencer needs to clean up, i think a toaster bath ought to do it. the FMCSA isn't going to be in a hurry to help this scumbag out though, as under their rules, they have given him time already to at least TRY and clean up. he cant stand being told what to do, law or not. He told everyone to stop using the medical care so much, when he changed it to their pathetic HSA plan. iirc, the quote was something like "walk it off, in the old days, people didn't go to the doctor so much". The world would be a better place once this guys stops using air....
Matt Smith told us that if your kid breaks an arm, the best thing to do is wait until Monday to avoid going to the emergency room.

They just bought like 25 new western star single axle trucks and 6 international twin screws for the syracuse terminal I'm pretty sure the SYR fleet was completely upgraded

There had all those truck since spring, trailers on the other hand are trashed... kinda random but funny so they sent the service truck to syracuse spring for service. They went to pick it up and it was locked inside syracuse Springs shop. The told land air they can have their service truck back after they paid their past bills and the current due for their service truck

There had all those truck since spring, trailers on the other hand are trashed... kinda random but funny so they sent the service truck to syracuse spring for service. They went to pick it up and it was locked inside syracuse Springs shop. The told land air they can have their service truck back after they paid their past bills and the current due for their service truck
I remember in the good old land air days when you had a bald tire to be changed, they would take one off an existing trailer because they couldn't afford new ones.

I know they rent trailers from Boston trailer and a few weeks ago , Boston trailer was scrambling real fast to take all their trailers back. Makes you wonder why.

Status
Not open for further replies.