Shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.
around our area, there are not a ton of other options, i'm noticing a lot more guys my age (early 30's) driving truck or working docks. the long hours suck, but you ever hear what some of these "office professionals" on salaries make? truck drivers are rich compared to them.
My wife has a masters degree and I more than doubled what she made last year. If minimum wage goes to $15 an hour in NY a college degree with 50k or more debt when finished will begin defeating the purpose of higher education. I gotta renew my license this year. It may be the last time I do for CDL purposes if the draconian rules keep coming. My kids will be old enough by then for me to explore other possible options.

I ran the shop at Land air for 1 year and was terminated for reporting equipment and tires were disappearing from the shop which the terminal manager was the only one with the extra set of keys to the shop, also they wanted us to check all outgoing trailers and make sure they had a valid inspection decal on them without doing the inspection. Every time something would be stolen the terminal manager would claim that the cameras went down. They get what they deserve.

Carrying freight is still somewhat of a regulated industry and you need rights to do it. You need insurance, you need DOT numbers on vehicles and more. Your insurance company needs VIN's as well. I would not use a personal vehicle to deliver freight. It's a jail term waiting to happen. If the company can't afford to run legally they can't afford to pay drivers while they're shut down. I wish the drivers well but any company that operates like Central Transport (which is what this LAXNE sounds like) should be shut down.
I agree, YRC is not much better with the junk they put on the roads. Lucky they took the CSA data down as YRC did not have good data...

its been like this for years, unfortunately, spencer has money, its just that he has been funneling it upwards with cutting corners wherever he can.

I have no doubt this is his convenient plan to exit the market, and just return the trucks he leased. trust me, those stickers peel off, and its just another white single axle truck. considering the way that even NEW equipment gets trashed, its obvious that its not HIS equipment.

remember guys, don't get duped into using your personal vehicle to violate the OOS order. you could lose your ride, and get some BIG tickets
I don't understand what is the violation for using a different truck??
The USDOT # for Land Air is OOS as long as you do not use that USDOT # there is no violation???
if they give freight to a cartage to interline carrier there is no violation..
No one can use that USDOT # until the OOS order is lifted..

I don't understand what is the violation for using a different truck??
The USDOT # for Land Air is OOS as long as you do not use that USDOT # there is no violation???
if they give freight to a cartage to interline carrier there is no violation..
No one can use that USDOT # until the OOS order is lifted..

you are correct about INTERLINING, unfortunately, you do realize, AS a land air employee, with their freight on your personal vehicle, they are going to look at you delivering stuff in your ford as skirting their out of service order, correct? unless ALL the employee's doing it have registered their vehicles as Commercial motor vehicles with the DOT, and received the appropriate USDOT number?

you are correct about INTERLINING, unfortunately, you do realize, AS a land air employee, with their freight on your personal vehicle, they are going to look at you delivering stuff in your ford as skirting their out of service order, correct? unless ALL the employee's doing it have registered their vehicles as Commercial motor vehicles with the DOT, and received the appropriate USDOT number?
A personal vehicle is not regulated, thus no USDOT# is needed.
The real risk is in the event of an accident, who is insuring the vehicle. Worse yet, will the drivers insurance not cover an incident due it being a commercial transaction vs. private/individual use???? if that happens the driver is screwed and responsible to all liability.

A personal vehicle is not regulated, thus no USDOT# is needed.
The real risk is in the event of an accident, who is insuring the vehicle. Worse yet, will the drivers insurance not cover an incident due it being a commercial transaction vs. private/individual use???? if that happens the driver is screwed and responsible to all liability.

oh, so you are realizing that its a bad idea? a personal vehicle stops being a personal vehicle when you are using it for profit, to deliver freight. if you wanted jump thru the hoops of registering your pickup with the dot, you would be ok. but how much would you be in the hole? otherwise, its illegal...

yrc is light years ahead of land air, the people who used to work he aren't kidding. yrc HAS to fix the problems, LAXNE tells you take it or your fired.....
Understand, but that is irrelevant when it comes to the USDOT Rules. Either you run compliant or not.
YRC was above the CSA Intervention Threshold on Vehicle Maintenance, I am not sure if Land Air was or not???
No matter... if the USDOT has their eyes on a carrier, the carrier may see an audit. hence Land Air's issue. They had an audit that did not go well a few years ago.
YRC continues to put garbage on the roads, just visit the YRC Freight and the YRC Regionals Boards and read about the junk they put on the road each day..
if we can read it so does the USDOT....

oh, so you are realizing that its a bad idea? a personal vehicle stops being a personal vehicle when you are using it for profit, to deliver freight. if you wanted jump thru the hoops of registering your pickup with the dot, you would be ok. but how much would you be in the hole? otherwise, its illegal...
It is not illegal with the DOT, you may/may not have an insurance issue. I do not know about the insurance arrangements.
You seem to be gleeful about this company shutting down?
Good people are losing their jobs???

land air will save a lot of money now. if they were planning to shut the doors .they will not have to pay the (warn act) 60 days of pay for all the drivers its the best way out for them

The fairy tales just keep coming.
Hey SuperCourse, Why don't you post you post your real name if your going to make comments that you no nothing about ! I worked there and saw first hand what was going on and when I reported it my car got trashed my wallet was stolen from my tool box and of course the cameras went down when that happened too ! More stuff walked out of that place then you could imagine ! and the cameras went down every time ! Why do you tihink they sent a notice out for employes not to talk to me about what was really going on ! Just like that driver that crashed and burned in to the OSHA offices, the terminal manager new he was working full time during the day driving a taxi and still hired him to line haul at night. Or the drivers that I failed on there road test and he still signed off on them and hired them and the next thing you no they slammed into the back of a van and sent people to the hospital in critical condition. Don't comment on something you have any idea about and be a man and stop hiding behind your fake ass SuperCourse ! The only thing "Super" about you is that you have no idea what is going on and just running your Supermouth !

Status
Not open for further replies.