Shut down

Status
Not open for further replies.
In mass terminal tractor trailor hit 3 cars amd totaled 1 in parking lot overnight and the driver is still there amd it was a batlle to get cars fixed
Did they claim that the cameras went down and there was no proof of it ? That's what they did at the Carstadt terminal every time something happened or was stolen !

its been like this for years, unfortunately, spencer has money, its just that he has been funneling it upwards with cutting corners wherever he can.

I have no doubt this is his convenient plan to exit the market, and just return the trucks he leased. trust me, those stickers peel off, and its just another white single axle truck. considering the way that even NEW equipment gets trashed, its obvious that its not HIS equipment.

remember guys, don't get duped into using your personal vehicle to violate the OOS order. you could lose your ride, and get some BIG tickets
I agree with you 100%. I ran one of there shops for a year and every time something got trashed the terminal manager would do nothing about it or hold anybody accountable. He would even hire and sign off on drivers that I failed on there road test. No wonder why they have so many accidents and violations !

It is not illegal with the DOT, you may/may not have an insurance issue. I do not know about the insurance arrangements.
You seem to be gleeful about this company shutting down?
Good people are losing their jobs???
I understand that good people are losing there jobs, but also on the other hand a company that treats there employees like garbage they would be better off working else where.

Did they claim that the cameras went down and there was no proof of it ? That's what they did at the Carstadt terminal every time something happened or was stolen !
No they took care of it but took forever now person with totaled car had to get new one and now has car payments and the person who crashed into the 3 cars is still working there

No they took care of it but took forever now person with totaled car had to get new one and now has car payments and the person who crashed into the 3 cars is still working there
I never worked at a place like Land Air, when I reported everything that was going on after the terminal manager told me I must be mistaken and don't worry about it. My car was trashed, my wallet was stolen from my tool box and he claimed that the cameras went down, I asked him if it was ok for me to take a friday off and he said no problem, the next thing I no is that I got phone calls from the office asking me why I didn't show up for work, he claimed that I never said anything to him and he didn't say it was ok and the next thing I new I was terminated.

I never worked at a place like Land Air, when I reported everything that was going on after the terminal manager told me I must be mistaken and don't worry about it. My car was trashed, my wallet was stolen from my tool box and he claimed that the cameras went down, I asked him if it was ok for me to take a friday off and he said no problem, the next thing I no is that I got phone calls from the office asking me why I didn't show up for work, he claimed that I never said anything to him and he didn't say it was ok and the next thing I new I was terminated.
I feel bad for all the good people that worked there, it's a shame how they treated employees that cared

My wife has a masters degree and I more than doubled what she made last year. If minimum wage goes to $15 an hour in NY a college degree with 50k or more debt when finished will begin defeating the purpose of higher education. I gotta renew my license this year. It may be the last time I do for CDL purposes if the draconian rules keep coming. My kids will be old enough by then for me to explore other possible options.
My wife also has a masters degree she works 40 hours a week in a climate controlled environment .She is not effected by the cold weather or heat and does no heavy lifting .I work for a small Union company and make 25 an hour with paid benefits and pension.Whle I am out working in the snow,rain and cold weather working overtime to make a measly 80 grand a year my wife with her masters is making over a 100 grand a year.Years ago we had a choice ,work hard or get an education and work easier .I would have to assume your wife did not achieve what her degree was meant to be.As for me my son graduated from one of the best universities in CT with a masters and works for one of the largest tech companies in the US making much more than me.

My wife also has a masters degree she works 40 hours a week in a climate controlled environment .She is not effected by the cold weather or heat and does no heavy lifting .I work for a small Union company and make 25 an hour with paid benefits and pension.Whle I am out working in the snow,rain and cold weather working overtime to make a measly 80 grand a year my wife with her masters is making over a 100 grand a year.Years ago we had a choice ,work hard or get an education and work easier .I would have to assume your wife did not achieve what her degree was meant to be.As for me my son graduated from one of the best universities in CT with a masters and works for one of the largest tech companies in the US making much more than me.
Social work doesn't pay much unfortunately.

Yeah I know bud think about if the cameras were working. You'd be canned earlier for sleeping in your car in front of the shop. Or the amount of drug bags found when you left. I've worked at NNJ 5 years, hasn't been the easiest but instead of bashing a company just leave. I've been working to improve the company not to insult it. I could of took the easier path of leaving. Obviously sir you have no idea what has happened after leaving land air 3-4 years ago. But thanks for the not needed input.

I have a friend that works at Land Air, they buy him a new truck every 6 months, change the tires when they still have half the tread left on them, and hold his hand on days when he's feeling down.

I have a friend that works at Land Air, they buy him a new truck every 6 months, change the tires when they still have half the tread left on them, and hold his hand on days when he's feeling down.
If the company is so great and plays by the rules, then why are all the terminals shut down for almost a week?? I was behind a land air truck the morning they got shut down. He couldn't get the truck up a small incline. Only an inch of snow. All the cars had no trouble. His tires were so bad they looked like slicks on a race car

If the company is so great and plays by the rules, then why are all the terminals shut down for almost a week?? I was behind a land air truck the morning they got shut down. He couldn't get the truck up a small incline. Only an inch of snow. All the cars had no trouble. His tires were so bad they looked like slicks on a race car
I assume that was a driver from tonawanda location. I heard him telling manager that he could only run 45mph period with empty truck, his reply wrote it on blackboard to get looked at eventually

Yeah I know bud think about if the cameras were working. You'd be canned earlier for sleeping in your car in front of the shop. Or the amount of drug bags found when you left. I've worked at NNJ 5 years, hasn't been the easiest but instead of bashing a company just leave. I've been working to improve the company not to insult it. I could of took the easier path of leaving. Obviously sir you have no idea what has happened after leaving land air 3-4 years ago. But thanks for the not needed input.
You are so full of it, the only reason I was terminated was because I blew the whistle of what was really going on , you can make up all the stories in the world you want to. It doesn't change the fact of what was really going on, even after I left tires, parts were still disappearing ! Why did they send a notice telling enployees not to talk to me about what was really going on there. No drug bags, no sleeping in the car, just the truth of what was really going on. They could have terminated me any time if what you are saying had any truth to it. That's why they trashed my car, stole my wallet from my tool box and claim the cameras went down. And approved my day off and when I took my day off the terminal manager claimed he never app;roved it and I was terminated. You screwed up though, after I blew the whistle of what was going on and certain person was standing out side his office listening to him on the phone screaming that he wanted me out of there and he didn't care what it took to get me out of there. The truth hurts and karma is a bitch, but it's nothing but the truth !

Status
Not open for further replies.