TForce | Shutting down fuel pumps off site fueling

Gater

TB Regular
Credits
Today we were told that there will not be anymore on property fueling. The pumps were being shut down. We were given fuel cards to be put in all the vehicles. Only the large hubs will have on site fuel pumps. This could not have come at a better time while there is a run on the gas stations like there was a run on toilet paper. Now we are going to hear why is it taking so long to fuel. One of our drivers tried to fuel and the card didn’t work.

Today we were told that there will not be anymore on property fueling. The pumps were being shut down. We were given fuel cards to be put in all the vehicles. Only the large hubs will have on site fuel pumps. This could not have come at a better time while there is a run on the gas stations like there was a run on toilet paper. Now we are going to hear why is it taking so long to fuel. One of our drivers tried to fuel and the card didn’t work.
Same at my barn . Straight up disaster. Had several city drivers held up 2 hrs waiting on comchecks. They told us later in the day fuel pumps were open again .

What I understand is, around 50 terminals will have their on site fuel tanks removed. Apparently they are at the end of their life and need recertified and inspected or replaced.
Am "imminent environmental disaster", is how I was told. Countless millions to replace.
I hope this sale came with a warranty.....
City drivers don’t have time to sit and wait. The new company’s decision to to this make ls me wonder.
No such thing when paid by the hour..
The old "work as directed".

Besides, "don't have time" is a management only excuse....

I instinctively see this as a defensive measure when people cannot get fuel, then drive by a trucking company with a huge TT sized tank marked fuel... in it's containment wall.

I used to run for a company in Gettysburg before they were bought by Exel Logistics (DOT and MC numbers terminated as of 2003 etc) and the drivers did not receive training on how to handle fueling on site. Used to have 400 or more gallons on the ground as a lake in the lower containment below the pumps where the tractors sat while fueling. Its a mess.

I never knew or saw what ever happened to that mess, I understand its treated as a massive hazmat spill in it's own right.

What I understand is, around 50 terminals will have their on site fuel tanks removed. Apparently they are at the end of their life and need recertified and inspected or replaced.
Am "imminent environmental disaster", is how I was told. Countless millions to replace.

They make us fuel at the petro or the pilot after they stopped our mobile vendor, they say they save 70 cents a gallon + we get our pilot points. Sometimes it takes up to 45 depending on what time of the day it is….Me personally I hope we run out of fuel for a week so I can enjoy some Biden bucks, why not everyone else is….lol

I instinctively see this as a defensive measure when people cannot get fuel, then drive by a trucking company with a huge TT sized tank marked fuel... in it's containment wall.

I used to run for a company in Gettysburg before they were bought by Exel Logistics (DOT and MC numbers terminated as of 2003 etc) and the drivers did not receive training on how to handle fueling on site. Used to have 400 or more gallons on the ground as a lake in the lower containment below the pumps where the tractors sat while fueling. Its a mess.

I never knew or saw what ever happened to that mess, I understand its treated as a massive hazmat spill in it's own right.
When PIE was required to dig up their tanks for the environmental inspections, they never reburied them.
They stayed above ground in containment walls.

Some terminals have above ground tanks. For those terminals that have above ground tanks I don’t see any reason for those terminals to stop fueling on property

Why don’t city drivers have time to sit and wait? Hourly employees have all the time in the world......
Trust me: City drivers don't have time to scratch their ass. RDO will be on your ass faster than a duck on a junebug. They can see you under the diad and satellite tracking. Now, can they discipline you according to the electronic devices?

Trust me: City drivers don't have time to scratch their ass. RDO will be on your ass faster than a duck on a junebug. They can see you under the diad and satellite tracking. Now, can they discipline you according to the electronic devices?

My experience has been, cannot be disciplined solely on the diad or the telematics except in cases of extreme dishonesty or major crash event. And they are subject to the grievance procedure.
You CAN be disciplined by the data on the ELD without any other observation or documentation.
The difference being the ELD is a Federal document which is daily signed as being "true and correct" by the driver.

The above is opinion and past experience and should not be taken as legal advice.
As always "your mileage may vary" at different terminals and Locals....

We were told our fuel pump will be removed soon . The road drivers are to fuel at hubs and city drivers at local truck stops .