FedEx Freight | "Significant number" of straight trucks coming to FXFE

Nothing quite like being told you're supposed to back up a mile long dirt driveway off a two lane rural road to deliver a drill press to some guy's garage with nothing but a tailgate and a pump truck.

A brave man might attempt this. A wise man would bring it back to the barn and tell the customer to find a forklift.
A real man would drag it off the back of the trailer, throw it over his shoulder and walk uphill along that mile long dirt driveway and place it in the garage. Then he would walk uphill along that mile long dirt driveway to his truck and get on with his day.

I spray Mt. Dew on them and they wither up out of my way. What's in that stuff!?
Completely off topic, but given recent current events, only an ******* would change his avatar to the stars and bars.
Knowing that it's not polite to call you an *******, RC has decided you should be referred to as Anal Orifice.

Completely off topic, but given recent current events, only an :censored: would change his avatar to the stars and bars.
Knowing that it's not polite to call you an :censored:, RC has decided you should be referred to as Anal Orifice.

That's actually not the stars and bars but I wouldn't expect you to know the difference coming from where you do.

Nothing quite like being told you're supposed to back up a mile long dirt driveway off a two lane rural road to deliver a drill press to some guy's garage with nothing but a tailgate and a pump truck.

A brave man might attempt this. A wise man would bring it back to the barn and tell the customer to find a forklift.
By "stick hauler" I was referring to china cabinets and triple dressers...and even though I drove for a "moving and storage" outfit, we weren't "movers" at all, rather we delivered brand new, real wood furniture straight from the manufacturers located in the furniture capital of the US to homes all over the country. Henredon is well known manufacturer although we referred to them as Hernia-don!! I ran out of the west coast division, first stop was Denver, Co and would empty somewhere on the left coast depending on the routing. Nothing like dragging that 48 footer into Vail or Aspen to deliver to someone's winter retreat!! And I never understood "farmaid"...it was pretty common to deliver a $12K dining room suit and a $8K bedroom suit to a farm house in the middle of nowhere!!

Aw, the good ole days!!

A real man would drag it off the back of the trailer, throw it over his shoulder and walk uphill along that mile long dirt driveway and place it in the garage. Then he would walk uphill along that mile long dirt driveway to his truck and get on with his day.
In 4 foot of snow, barefooted!!

As I said in another thread there is talk about freight using Class C trucks with paying $19 per hr. Waiting to see the pics of these new trucks.

As I said in another thread there is talk about freight using Class C trucks with paying $19 per hr. Waiting to see the pics of these new trucks.

Easy D, Wait no more, pic of your new trucks, BillyLo has the contract to paint these vehicles, he claims he lost his
paint brush and does not know when they will be in service.

Just in: New Straight Truck, spotted in East Dallas. 1st "new" one I've seen. Thanks to the photographer for sharing it with us.

DYIZXMm.jpg

Last edited: