ABF | Signing Bonus Day 1 ??

wongway

-15% Yellow step-child supporter !!
Credits
299996384_10220860754898569_8517837694256072351_n.jpg
So can I work one day or is it a 15 day contract to get my $10,000 and do I get fast truck with New Mirrors ?? :shift:

299996384_10220860754898569_8517837694256072351_n.jpg
So can I work one day or is it a 15 day contract to get my $10,000 and do I get fast truck with New Mirrors ?? :shift:
We had a trainie. Trained in Dayton, OH. Came to Columbus,OH. He said the hire bonus was paid day one.Orenitaiton day or first day? Could be the same ?

But ABF contract agreement. Every quarter of the year for first 2 years. U Stayed employment reduced back payment requirements.

Basically every 3 or 4 months , every quarter. U stuck around lowered paid back .

10k ABF has invested in u during training time period

My understanding is if an employee gets fired, they don't have to pay the sign on bonus back. It would be ABF that broke the contract.
Thats one of the great losses of trucking.

They fire people like myself when I popped a tire or something stupid. It would cost 300 bucks for another tire or perhaps a thousand dollars to rebuild a curbing or something else. Even as much as 20,000 or more dollars in losses. Ive paid for all that damage. Usually by firing the the small ones. and enduring civil suits for some of the big stuff. Which ends up getting settled by insurance in the end because I have been fired and are unemployed with no wages to pay any Judgment. If there was one given.

When I started trucking I was with smaller companies that usually took the money out of my pay for the damages and mistakes I made. I once did 10,000 dollars in damage to another company tractor in Hahn out of New Market, effectively totalling that tractor and creating big problems that day. They fired me later that week.

Would I have paid the 10K? Sure. You bet. It would have taken me about roughly 6 months but they would have been paid in full out of my wages. No problem and I would have learned never to make that mistake again. But the summary firing, dismissial and routine punishments and so on over the years just reinforce the idea that Truckers are disposable. To be thrown away.

Guess what, I dont need trucking anymore because they continue to this day to badly throw away truckers that they fail to train properly. Or make them pay for further lessons in not breaking stuff with their wages. Fire em. Hes gone. Paper over the losses and continue on.

One company gave me very old tractors. I broke I think three of them in two months. They could not give a ::shit::. But I learned to stop breaking them. They are in the scrap yard to this day rotting and rusting as monuments to my newbie stupidity from trucking school. To be new is to be a very dangerous liability to any company. But they should not embark on a policy of throwing them away if they scraped something.

Once companies adopt the idea that new truckers are like young children, and should be allowed to break a vase now and again and then made to learn not to keep breaking that vase,

But thats not going to happen. Truckers are considered trash and will be such forever.

I was at ABF For over Twenty years of Accident/Injury free Driving. I asked about a retention Bonus, It fell on Deaf Ears. Long Story short, Retirement is GREAT! and I laugh at all the crying about needing Drivers
I am learning to enjoy being retired. But not by choice however. Then again yes by choice if I had to put up with the industry and regulations today. I would'nt do it.

Not that I am difficult, stubborn, obtuse and hardheaded to boot, but rather everything depends on getting whatever is in that truck and trailer from A to B. Anything else is mickeymouse bullshittery.