XPO | Sill open to advice

onepnchko

Dock Slave
Credits
If you had read my last post I was terminated for unauthorized absence from work and abuse of lunch period.
I am submitting my request for E.T.R.B. hearing and am seeking any advice what to expect or anything in general to help me plead my case and be reinstated. Thanks!

I expect in this economy of too many driver out there that you should start looking for some employment elsewhere. I hope you get your job back but don't let the sun set on your a$$ start looking while you're waiting.

The etrb is not like it used to be...........during my review, it felt as though they had there mind made up prior to even talking to me. It is my hopes you can keep your job there.

So did you end up getting reinstated? Does it just take humbleness and groveling if you were considered a "stellar" employee?

I believe it takes luck if you want to keep you job........humbleness and groveling will get you what I rec'd........voted off the island.

good luck with that. I was terminated for a mandatory absence for a workman's comp doctors appointment that they (the company) made me go to. Then you have idiots that put out 30% effort and they will be there until they retire.

good luck with that. I was terminated for a mandatory absence for a workman's comp doctors appointment that they (the company) made me go to. Then you have idiots that put out 30% effort and they will be there until they retire.

mickeys- could you tell us what happened with you.

Got hit on the head with a dock door... on the dock! After I went back to work they told me I could not miss anymore work...... then the mandatory workmans comp doc appointment... oh no you can miss for that... shazam next day I was fired. So I sued, got crap, but I did get med for life.

Got hit on the head with a dock door... on the dock! After I went back to work they told me I could not miss anymore work...... then the mandatory workmans comp doc appointment... oh no you can miss for that... shazam next day I was fired. So I sued, got crap, but I did get med for life.

sorry to hear that. BTW I don't know of anyone not getting hit with a dock door unless they were "on the dock!" :):chairshot:

so they fired you for not going to a work comp appointment?

Nope fired me for going to a workers comp dr appt....

so they fired you for not going to a work comp appointment?

Told me on Wed I had to go... went to Dr on Thurs 125 miles away and Friday they called me in early and fired me...oh well its over now and life goes on.... :bananapartyhat:

Sorry to hear that did you pursue the etrb appeal? To get back on track mine is tomorrow an 11. A bit different then what I was expecting. I didn't think it would be a conference call. Any last min advice?? I appreciate everyones input.

Just try to stay positive......if they let you go, there is 100% life after conway. I miss it, and this board keeps me up on a company I used to love. It may take a while......but try to stay positive and maybe even apologize for your minor blunder. Might help.
Anymore....everything I hear of the newer conway is very frustrating and you have everyone in a bad mood. suggest the point of how you were only possibly in a hurry and simply forgot to punch out. IDK......wasnt there. Good luck to you. Many Many of us have been voted off the island.....it is part of THEIR dream.

I did find out you can request a copy of your file even after you've been fired. I went on the old con-wayquestions.com and asked how. Got an e-mail back saying where do you want it sent.
Unfortunately don't think it will make it here in time for E.T.R.B.
oh well ....what can you do...

I have found out from my experiences that if your SCM wants you to stay, you will stay and if your SCM wants you to go, you will go. I knew a guy that rolled his set once and went off the road another time who kept his job. He was terminated both times but came back from the dead.

So in that case do SCM's just terminate you to teach you a lesson or is it out of there hands at first. The other guy at the meeting before i was fired, had a titel of C.E.R.T. maybe was his ruling?