Simple Assault?

Why is it so difficult for you to see my point? Time after time I try to indicate to you and the others that you aren't going to help anyone to see your point of view by calling names. That is all that I have been saying from the beginning. I came in with an objective point of view, in spite of the fact that you that think I am the enemy, in order to get some idea what your beef is. Not a single poster has been able to clearly state what is so bad that you have to go on strike.
I really don't care about ratings, especially in an environment that is hostile to me. A lack of ratings here would be a compliment. All you have proven to any objective observer is that you belong to an organization that decent people would not want any involvement with.

Tell that to the 1.4 million in our organization.
Time after time people have told you what the issues were with the contract, why is it so difficult for you to see our point of view.

Sticking point in negotiations were and have been.
To start with this contract was in need of serious work rules and pension modifications. It had been going down hill for several years.
*Pension- The company finally after over 10 month of negations agreed to allow the pension to remain, although they refuse to agree to a contribution rate increase of any kind for the entire life of a five year contract. The pension rate was substandard as is, and increases were long overdue.

*Medical Care- the company wanted to shift the employees to their own administered health plan, and they expected a contribution from the employees.

*Sick Leave- Oak Harbor wants to deny it's Teamster employees sick leave, it's bad enough that they require someone to be out for three days before they get paid now they want to do away with it in favor of a non-union type bank system. I know you feel that people should not be allowed sick days for mental relief, hangover recovery or whatever. I think it makes for happier people if someone has a little freedom with just a few days out of a year.

*Retiree Health- It think this issue has been exploited by the unions a little but it is important. Word has it that it was included in the final proposal.

*Seniority, Work Rules, Classification. Oak Harbor basically wanted to crucify seniority as it applies to start times. I have the previous agreement in pdf and I have read the proposal prior to the last best and final.

All pretty big issues, but paramount of concern to all was that we stop going backwards and giving, while the company is making excessive profits. Not one concession is an order, this company had the most flexible contract I have seen in all of freight. Everyone would have been happy with a 50 cent a year raise and a little yearly bump to pension, no givebacks, no company health plan, nothing for them with the profits they have expirenced they have no reason to expect it.

I don't know what's offered or expected in union retirement. The health and sick benefits that are offered by the company are the same that I have and the contributions are added to your pay and then deducted. This seems like the long way around the barn but it gives the employee the option to decline benefits in favor of higher pay. In other words, you have no bottom line deduction from your current pay. In fact, our pay increased signifigantly when the new plan was put into place. I believe that I make considerably more than you do even after my contributions. That being the case, I would have to wonder if you are aware of what you are being offered.
The seniority issue seems very valid. I don't know if it alone would be enough to strike over.

Thank you for finally giving me something that I can sink my teeth into

I don't know what's offered or expected in union retirement. The health and sick benefits that are offered by the company are the same that I have and the contributions are added to your pay and then deducted. This seems like the long way around the barn but it gives the employee the option to decline benefits in favor of higher pay. In other words, you have no bottom line deduction from your current pay. In fact, our pay increased signifigantly when the new plan was put into place. I believe that I make considerably more than you do even after my contributions. That being the case, I would have to wonder if you are aware of what you are being offered.
The seniority issue seems very valid. I don't know if it alone would be enough to strike over.

Here is the #'s for the Health care http://www.oakharborteamsters.com/pdfs/WASHINGTON TEAMSTERS WELFARE TRUST 06-06-082.pdf, allot of the problem is once control is given it is very difficult to regain.

As far as the union pension is concerned the NMFA company's current contribution rate is around $6 a small portion of that goes to supplement health and welfare. Oak Harbor's last rate I believe was around $3.20 they have no health and welfare deducted. Please Remember that I don't work for Oak Harbor, but the contributions for medical have always been done in a way that makes it possible for members to have full family coverage at no extra cost.

The point is not to go backwards with this contract that is the biggest deal here and it has gone on too long. The company grudgingly signed the last agreement because they were not prepared for a strike, they would only agree to a two year deal. Fast forward three years and here we are they knew that there proposals would be unacceptable to us but they wanted to cram them down our throats. Bottom line is they don't want a union, even if they make money, they don't want a third party or their employees having a say in how they run their business. It's too bad for them they inherited a company that was built by union employees.

You ever hear the story about OHFL almost going under, the elder VP coming to his employees as asking them to withdraw from the NMFA so the company could survive? (No pay raises for something like 10 years) Now that the company is profitable it is time for those people that gave to get a little. As for the money you make in Cali. it's all relative It is a scary thing what happens to an industry when the unions are beat out of it.

That's funny. If you knew who my TM is you wouldn't think that. There should be a few out there that recognize my name. They would be able to tell you that what you are suggesting is laughable.

No..not laughable

since I don't know what barn you work out of, your argument is mute

You might THINK it's the same medical....but try telling that to someone that has to have an organ transplant.

Regence only covers $25,000....Teamsters Welfare Trust covers $200,000 inpatient and no limit on outpatient. Not sure if you know how much organ transplants cost these days....

Sure most of the coinsurance is about the same percentage unless you're in the middle of no where and have to use a non-network provider, then Regence only covers 60%.

Also, things like hearing aids are not covered by the non-union plan.

You might THINK it's the same medical....but try telling that to someone that has to have an organ transplant.

Regence only covers $25,000....Teamsters Welfare Trust covers $200,000 inpatient and no limit on outpatient. Not sure if you know how much organ transplants cost these days....

Sure most of the coinsurance is about the same percentage unless you're in the middle of no where and have to use a non-network provider, then Regence only covers 60%.

Also, things like hearing aids are not covered by the non-union plan.

The $25k for organ transplant is if you are the donor, the person giving up a kidney, etc. If you are the receiver of the said organ, that is covered under "hospital charges" which is 80% after deductible. Oregon 206 plan only covers $8k.

You are correct, OHFL does not cover hear aid but neither does Oregon 206 plan.

I wish OHFL would cover massage therapy like WaTWT. :)