Simple math?

I think you just said it all dawg. We can all hope that in the near future that the nlrb will have recomendations for the company and union to resolve this unfair strike and try and rebuild.

The correct link for the Labor Rights report is http://laborrights.org/files/ILRF%20Oak%20Harbor%20Report%20FINAL%20November%2025%202008.pdf Maybe the one who wanted "the numbers" will find the information in here.

Ed, The wooden shoes have dry rot.

Lets be fair here. It clearly states in paragraph 3 of the ILRF's Introduction that the Teamster requested their service and they compiled their report on the Teamsters behalf. It also confirmed that represented workers are numbered at about 470. Not the 600 that keeps being wrongly reported, not to mention the one's that crossed over for reasons of there own making that actual number around half of the 600.

More importantly in there report they state that they are there to protect the interest of developing countries, for abuses of "sweat shop" and the entire supply chain. The way I read it is that they are trying to make a comparison of workers at Oak Harbor to those of Third World sweat shops.
While saying there are agreements between all these businesses. But what it doesn't say is that as long as Union Drivers hauled the same loads, everything would be fine.

Really, We are echoing the same thing lately. Oak Harbor is not the Devil, but yes some odvious changes need to be made. We are all a little pissed, but you also can't account all the decline in business due to the strike. It's the economy to, and if anything it will be the two that take the company. Thanks and Good luck to all

You are right it's the economy that makes many customers offered 90% discounts pick other carriers with higher rates. Sorry the boys had to find out the sales staff are just glorified
pizza delivery boys. From the looks of one in Vancouver not much pizza makes it to the customer.

At some point, the lack of income and the huge losses, both financial and customer, are going to have their impact.

The employer is not going to prevail so long as their express intent is to drive the union out or ask for completely unreasonable demands. If they want to see their business survive this strike, they will have to swallow a little pride and come to the table and bargain in good faith with the union. And so too will the union have to bargain in good faith, and be reasonable. Which, in my opinion, they have been all the way through this, for the most part.

Otherwise...

The end will be messy for Oak Harbor Freight...

at what point, ownership wants you gone, and ownership will prevail

like I said in another post, since the owners do not care about their "valued employees" than why should I care about what happens to their company at this point? I hope they lose everything like me. They are the direct cause of our suffering and they will be held accoutable to God. Period.

Oh So True

like I said in another post, since the owners do not care about their "valued employees" than why should I care about what happens to their company at this point? I hope they lose everything like me. They are the direct cause of our suffering and they will be held accoutable to God. Period.
I am shocked that the employees that have worked so hard to make this company what it, (well now WAS!) and it was the best. It has come down to families screwed over. These long time employees have given their all. To watch Mostly the bottom of the seniority list ***** cross when they know nothing of the past history, amounts to nothing more than being a theif. To the VPs if you were Christians you would have ended this and worked to help the long timers, not to put their health their property, their marriages, their families........ and so on into destruction. If my Dad is not restored to his rightful position at OHFL, then OHFL can be stopped from having it's 100th Birthday. The one poster that said to kill the picketers, that is what the VPs are thinking also. But this is a killing of our $$$$$$. If the strikers go down the tube.... take OHFL down too. If the VPs want to work with the Teamsters then lets get busy. Dave has been saying he is always looking for "a win win situation" But thats only good when it is a win win for him. Dave take this:nutkick: The Kidd

The morale here in So Cal is not great. Volumes are down 10-20% and the line between start time and call in moves up the driver board as volumes drop. The drivers that do get work get to be followed and yelled at by people who never worked for Oak Harbor in their lives. They like to drop to S bomb at customers and chant "don't harbor oak harbor". Strange being called a S*** by an ABF worker too low on their board to get hours. We are all doing the same job we did six months ago, and now we are S***s. Enough...I'll get off the soap box.

I do enjoy the pay and benifits, but would not have left my last job to come here if they were not right, simple as that. If a company wants to pay me more for the same work, I will go to work for them, this is how I came to Oak. Not all that different working for other carriers. If I could find another job with a better total package than I get here.....off to the next carrier I go. And I will take my 401K money with me, rolling in into another investment that I controll. If it grows...great, if not....I pay the price for my decisions. OK...I'll get off the box again.

As far as the treatment, I guess it is much worse up in AUB and POR. I will not try to speak for anyone but me, but I am treated well. I show up on time, do my job, pitch in when asked, and have not had any problem getting to management with questions or concerns. Henry, David and Ed always shake my hand, look me in the eye, and call me by name when they visit the terminal. TM and Sups are not perfect, but do what they can while doing what they must. I have the feeling their hearts are in the right place.

You are ablolutely correct about this strike being different if the CA terms were union. It would have been over before it started. Not sure how it is set up in the agreement, but the people that wrote it must have allowed for the mix we now have. As for the CA terminals going union, that might have been easier before this mess.

Botom line is I hope this gets worked out so we can go back to normal.

And what do you say to this?

The morale here in So Cal is not great. Volumes are down 10-20% and the line between start time and call in moves up the driver board as volumes drop. The drivers that do get work get to be followed and yelled at by people who never worked for Oak Harbor in their lives. They like to drop to S bomb at customers and chant "don't harbor oak harbor". Strange being called a S*** by an ABF worker too low on their board to get hours. We are all doing the same job we did six months ago, and now we are S***s. Enough...I'll get off the soap box.

I do enjoy the pay and benifits, but would not have left my last job to come here if they were not right, simple as that. If a company wants to pay me more for the same work, I will go to work for them, this is how I came to Oak. Not all that different working for other carriers. If I could find another job with a better total package than I get here.....off to the next carrier I go. And I will take my 401K money with me, rolling in into another investment that I controll. If it grows...great, if not....I pay the price for my decisions. OK...I'll get off the box again.

As far as the treatment, I guess it is much worse up in AUB and POR. I will not try to speak for anyone but me, but I am treated well. I show up on time, do my job, pitch in when asked, and have not had any problem getting to management with questions or concerns. Henry, David and Ed always shake my hand, look me in the eye, and call me by name when they visit the terminal. TM and Sups are not perfect, but do what they can while doing what they must. I have the feeling their hearts are in the right place.

You are ablolutely correct about this strike being different if the CA terms were union. It would have been over before it started. Not sure how it is set up in the agreement, but the people that wrote it must have allowed for the mix we now have. As for the CA terminals going union, that might have been easier before this mess.

I just love you cali guys just sing the praises. You should know one thing. If it was not for the the very hard work of the teamsters in the Great NW. YOU SIR would not even have a job! You ever heard of Penninsula truck lines. They have pretty much stayed the same for years. What about the guys that took a wage freeze for 4 years. While the company grew leaps and bounds providing you with a job. Who the Hell do you think you are? All of you ought to be out there picketing and standing up for my Dads job! He made one for you and now you screw him. I dont care where those guys are from, any day they make yours a day from Hell is a blessing for the back stabbing and ungreatful attitude you display. Heres a bit of insight for you: tongue0002: and the horse you rode in on! The KIDD

Sorry KIDD, but I just do not see it the same way you do. I appreciate the history of Oak, and I would not be working for Oak today if not for the hard work and sacrafice of all the OR and WA people. But I would have a job somewhere. Large carriers like CWX, FedEx, UPS, Estes, Saia, and smaller ones like Moutain Valley, Roy Miller, and Best Overnight, all provide similar compensation. I left a job to come to Oak because the package was as good as the others and the seniority that I would not enjoy else ware. Still glad I made that choice. Found out along the way it is a good place to work.

If Oak dies, it dies, but I do not die with it. I move on to the next carrier and start again. Until I show up for work and the gates are locked, I keep doing what I do and hope for the best.

I truly hope you dad has found something out there, our industry is getting beaten like an old rug.

I hate to ask this, but have the WA and OR people always hated the Cali folks? I never got that feeling before, thought we were all on the same team.

One thing you need to remember, the vp's opened california fast and with the intent for this to happen. they were just being extra nice to you all down there so you would see things their way. I used to love my job but they do not want the union and we are all paying the price.

I just love you cali guys just sing the praises. You should know one thing. If it was not for the the very hard work of the teamsters in the Great NW. YOU SIR would not even have a job! You ever heard of Penninsula truck lines. They have pretty much stayed the same for years. What about the guys that took a wage freeze for 4 years. While the company grew leaps and bounds providing you with a job. Who the Hell do you think you are? All of you ought to be out there picketing and standing up for my Dads job! He made one for you and now you screw him. I dont care where those guys are from, any day they make yours a day from Hell is a blessing for the back stabbing and ungreatful attitude you display. Heres a bit of insight for you: tongue0002: and the horse you rode in on! The KIDD

I am going to have to go with oldguy on this one, you cannot expect a person at a non-union terminal to walk out on strike with you, they simply do not have the protections that Union members have. If they had walked out they would be on the street with no strike pay, no unemployment, and no chance of getting their jobs back.

Now if they transferred to a striking terminal all bets are off, we all should understand that the Vanderpol's union busting plan is many years in motion and treating non-union terminals employees like gold is part of that plan. I think allot of the Cali guys understand that the ambulatory pickets are just part of the process we have to let every customer we can know the situation. They also should know in a roundabout way it is helping them, because if the VP's were successful in removing the union from the NW terminals their working conditions and compensation would suffer in the long run.

Cali Teamsters supporting Oak Harbor strike
YouTube - oak harbor strike montebello 8

Sorry KIDD, but I just do not see it the same way you do. I appreciate the history of Oak, and I would not be working for Oak today if not for the hard work and sacrafice of all the OR and WA people. But I would have a job somewhere. Large carriers like CWX, FedEx, UPS, Estes, Saia, and smaller ones like Moutain Valley, Roy Miller, and Best Overnight, all provide similar compensation. I left a job to come to Oak because the package was as good as the others and the seniority that I would not enjoy else ware. Still glad I made that choice. Found out along the way it is a good place to work.

If Oak dies, it dies, but I do not die with it. I move on to the next carrier and start again. Until I show up for work and the gates are locked, I keep doing what I do and hope for the best.

I truly hope you dad has found something out there, our industry is getting beaten like an old rug.

I hate to ask this, but have the WA and OR people always hated the Cali folks? I never got that feeling before, thought we were all on the same team.

The only hatred out there is from some not working toward men that are working. Don't listen to anything this KIDD says. He is hateful and should do something productive like staying out of other peoples business. YEA YOU!

I am going to have to go with oldguy on this one, you cannot expect a person at a non-union terminal to walk out on strike with you, they simply do not have the protections that Union members have. If they had walked out they would be on the street with no strike pay, no unemployment, and no chance of getting their jobs back.

Now if they transferred to a striking terminal all bets are off, we all should understand that the Vanderpol's union busting plan is many years in motion and treating non-union terminals employees like gold is part of that plan. I think allot of the Cali guys understand that the ambulatory pickets are just part of the process we have to let every customer we can know the situation. They also should know in a roundabout way it is helping them, because if the VP's were successful in removing the union from the NW terminals their working conditions and compensation would suffer in the long run.
-----------------------------------------------------------

You are wrong here.... they VP's would treat you fair, just like they are doing in Calif and in the NW terminals That is if you are now working for them. They have always treated their employees fair. Conditions and compensation would remain fair even if the unions weren’t involved. A good and fair place to work.

A lot of the things the union is doing are cutting their own throats and those of their bothers and sisters with so much anger, hate and with the decision to just see what they can destroy…A few rotten apples in the union pool--- That serves no one

You are wrong here.... they VP's would treat you fair, just like they are doing in Calif and in the NW terminals That is if you are now working for them. They have always treated their employees fair. Conditions and compensation would remain fair even if the unions weren’t involved. A good and fair place to work.

A lot of the things the union is doing are cutting their own throats and those of their bothers and sisters with so much anger, hate and with the decision to just see what they can destroy…A few rotten apples in the union pool--- That serves no one

Since you seem to know all, why did the Vanderfools contact this company in 2006 if this was not something they were planning? and why were some of their employees able to appear so fast?.
Best strike replacements replacement workers: Modern Staffing and Security Most Experienced strike replacements replacement workers: strike replacements Best - MMK4MKT
Was this something the Vanderfools had planned to happen on Thursday Sept 25th after the Union reviewed the last and final offer? they knew the offer was garbage and were planning on us walking and had the replacement workers lined up for Thursday. We got a copy on Monday Sept22nd
with over 100 items taken out of the old contract. We went out on Monday evening and had free contact with our customers for days. Joke Harbor was non-functional having Labor Ready employees, Joke Harbor sales staff out trying to do our jobs in Penski trucks so no CDL was required.:duh: Just go to youtube and look for yourself.