Yellow | Simple Poll

Let YRC fail

• Yes

Votes: 24 41.4%
  • No

Votes: 34 58.6%

• Total voters
It’s all about the mechanics of the squeaky wheel,That,Always gets the grease.When you figure it out let me know.Right now,Your lost in space Will Robinson.Your poll or vote means nothing.
Didn’t say it did. There seems be so much division on the issue right now just like see how it goes. Everyone has an opinion and every opinion is valid because now we all own a small portion of YRC. Union or non we all have a stake in the failure of this company.

In my opinion you, and many others are seeing this in the wrong light. If your goal is to stimulate the economy with cash. And, this is what the money was set aside to do, you must find targets willing to take the assistance on your terms, and able to use the funds effectively and in a timely manner. So, the question shouldn’t be whether YRC is worthy of the money, the question should be, “Are they a wise target for stimulus?” If you don’t think they are a good target for stimulus share with us your idea for a better target, and why. Keep in mind that company must be willing to submit to the terms of the loan just as YRC did, which may include a stake in the company as part of the agreement.

As an investor, one would choose success.

As a competitor, one might choose failure.

As a compassionate human...

As a troll, :stirthepot: ::::shit:::: ...
How can anyone be a troll on this? We all have some skins in the game now. I would very much like see YRC succeed. Don’t want job loss in this industry. History shows we should all be concerned about the future. The YRC community has no retort to anyone with an opinion now. Everyone that pays taxes owns YRC. That is something every YRC employee will have to learn to live with until at least 2024.

In my opinion you, and many others are seeing this in the wrong light. If your goal is to stimulate the economy with cash. And, this is what the money was set aside to do, you must find targets willing to take the assistance on your terms, and able to use the funds effectively and in a timely manner. So, the question shouldn’t be whether YRC is worthy of the money, the question should be, “Are they a wise target for stimulus?” If you don’t think they are a good target for stimulus share with us your idea for a better target, and why. Keep in mind that company must be willing to submit to the terms of the loan just as YRC did, which may include a stake in the company as part of the agreement.
Not entirely a true statement but opinions are welcome. Many small companies would’ve embraced a small portion of that $$ to stay in business. I personally know 2 family owned freight companies that closed doors because didn’t get approved for a loan, a well deserved loan. Folks are doing well but were turned down or not approved. Only a portion of $700,000,000, very small portion, would’ve made a huge difference in their business plan. They lost the business they had for years and now paying to keep YRC afloat. Not cool in any way. Those type stories can go on and on, I am sure. I hope all works out but history says no.

How can anyone be a troll on this? We all have some skins in the game now. I would very much like see YRC succeed. Don’t want job loss in this industry. History shows we should all be concerned about the future. The YRC community has no retort to anyone with an opinion now. Everyone that pays taxes owns YRC. That is something every YRC employee will have to learn to live with until at least 2024.
Thou dost protest too much?
I was hired in 97, prepared for demise since 03.
I try to look at as many possibilities as I can conceive.

Thou dost protest too much?
I was hired in 97, prepared for demise since 03.
I try to look at as many possibilities as I can conceive.

I know 3 languages and Morse code but I do not know how to decipher your posts. Should my feelings be hurt or am I tracking? Lol

I agree. I have only been in the LTL family a short time but seems we are all quick to eat our own.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that capitalism is how this country does business.
In doing so that means things need to get sorted out without our government involvement in personal business.
Which also raises the question, if YRC is a good bet in the eyes of the federal government then why not for other banks and lending institutions?
Sink or swim on their own.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that capitalism is how this country does business.
In doing so that means things need to get sorted out without our government involvement in personal business.
Which also raises the question, if YRC is a good bet in the eyes of the federal government then why not for other banks and lending institutions?
Sink or swim on their own.
Agree, agree, agree. Without getting into a union issue I feel the federal government has stepped into an issue that is going set a precedent for future issues that could be a little more problematic than was considered.

I know 3 languages and Morse code but I do not know how to decipher your posts. Should my feelings be hurt or am I tracking? Lol
https://www.yourdictionary.com/the-lady-doth-protest-too-much

I’m a YRC employee of a mere 23 years.

My original post addressed the absurdity of the topic.

It has been discussed ad infinitum, to no avail.

YRC is the zombie apocalypse, Outlander and Interview with a Vampire. It has a life of its own.

Not entirely a true statement but opinions are welcome. Many small companies would’ve embraced a small portion of that $$ to stay in business. I personally know 2 family owned freight companies that closed doors because didn’t get approved for a loan, a well deserved loan. Folks are doing well but were turned down or not approved. Only a portion of $700,000,000, very small portion, would’ve made a huge difference in their business plan. They lost the business they had for years and now paying to keep YRC afloat. Not cool in any way. Those type stories can go on and on, I am sure. I hope all works out but history says no.

Smaller companies were addressed in a completely different program. A key difference between the loans is the possibility of the loan being converted to a grant. Still, you seem to be veering toward a train of thought that focuses solely on the benefit to the recipient of loans, ignoring entirely the purpose of the loans to begin with – economic stimulus. In one shot many millions of dollars will be pumped into the economy through the purchase of trucks, trailers, roofs, parking lots, air-conditioning units, hand-trucks, health insurance premiums and countless other items.
I would argue they are an excellent target for economic stimulus. New equipment will also be more fuel efficient and environmentally friendly; a benefit to all Americans.

Smaller companies were addressed in a completely different program. A key difference between the loans is the possibility of the loan being converted to a grant. Still, you seem to be veering toward a train of thought that focuses solely on the benefit to the recipient of loans, ignoring entirely the purpose of the loans to begin with – economic stimulus. In one shot many millions of dollars will be pumped into the economy through the purchase of trucks, trailers, roofs, parking lots, air-conditioning units, hand-trucks, health insurance premiums and countless other items.
I would argue they are an excellent target for economic stimulus. New equipment will also be more fuel efficient and environmentally friendly; a benefit to all Americans.
Are you running for office?

I am not sure what program list you are referencing but there were none that quoted equipment and fuel efficiency for instance. Look at the PPP and the COVID stimulus and YRC fits neither. If the government seen fit to tweek a program for them then so be it. Was it a good choice?????? That is yet to be seen. I am not a supporter of any type bail out of any business. We have to live with what it is. Justified or not it is what it is.

I am not sure what program list you are referencing but there were none that quoted equipment and fuel efficiency for instance. Look at the PPP and the COVID stimulus and YRC fits neither. If the government seen fit to tweek a program for them then so be it. Was it a good choice?????? That is yet to be seen. I am not a supporter of any type bail out of any business. We have to live with what it is. Justified or not it is what it is.

Like it, or not, this is one of the tools the government uses to shape the economy.