Simple question , Would you do trucking again if you had a life do over ?

Would you do trucking again if you had a life do over ?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
No,
At one time I love doing it. Over the years more and more reqs and company BS had made job not what it was when I started. I like the part were you didn't have you boss looking over your shoulder and the freedoms that came with this job. Now with tracking and cameras the fun has ended.
I'm now after 30+yrs I'm in the process of hang up my trucker hat, keys, and 5th wheel puller and becoming a clock puncher
Did the spell-checker miss this? (cow puncher):lmao:

nobody voted , now I'm sad
kick in nuts GIF

Absolutely not!! I started at 21 yrs old. I’m almost 44 now. I would have went to college and had a m-f desk job or medical field. Didn’t think I could get through college, so I did something to start making money

Jumped in the drivers seat for the first time on April 20, 1986(just retired April 30, 2023) back before CDL and all the electronics.
No buzzers,beepers and so-called truck drivers who just stare at a little 3 inch screen to tell them how to get somewhere.
Fortunate enough to drive for 3 great companies and a couple of crappy ones just to pay the bills.
Would I do it over? Probably. Still enjoyed it to the end.
Do I miss it? Not yet!!

I spent thirty-six years as a Teamster truck driver. Eight years with Teamsters Local 299 Detroit Mi. and twenty-eight years with Teamsters Local 492 ABQ. New Mexico.
Retired fourteen years ago at age fifty-eight and have received two pension fund checks every month since then.
A pension fund retirement check from the CSPF and a pension fund retirement check from the Western Teamsters.
Would I choose to spend thirty-six years again in trucking ?
With the way it worked out for me my answer would be, HELL YES!!!

Last edited:
My answer is no, I would stay away from trucking even though I'm a third generation trucker. I've made a great living at it but the last 10 years of my career had been quite disappointing. From some a-hole management to having to constantly dodge the a-holes playing on their phones, it had kind of taken the fun out of it. And then there is the lack of commeradarie among drivers.........
I'd have become an airline pilot because I love to travel and it would have paid much better.

If someone had told me back in the 70’s that you could not be hauling beer from Milwaukee, to Illinois, at age 20, none of this would have happened. I probably could have made Lite Beer commercials with Bob Uecker….

If someone had told me back in the 70’s that you could not be hauling beer from Milwaukee, to Illinois, at age 20, none of this would have happened. I probably could have made Lite Beer commercials with Bob Uecker….
In the front row?