SAIA | Single Axle Pups 80k?

Makes my point, it says if weight differential exceeds 5000 lbs. so hook 15,001 as the lead and 20,000 as tail you'd be good to go.
Exactly. I’ve read tail may be 20% heavier. Which makes more sense that a static weight difference. Although in my limited research, I found nothing.

Ain’t nothing like some bad ass outlaws. You know you’ve been to the races when your covered in dirt and your eyes are sore just watching
Hickory N C , sat in 4th turn, blow red mud from your nose for 3 days. aw, those good ole days.

What’s a jiff? All I can think about is the peanut butter song :15:
Jiff Lock. They were dollies that could be used to convert a special tractor setup from a single to a tandem. The pintle hook and tongue would slide up in a opening in the back frame rails of tractor, the tractor's fifth wheel would slide forward and a regular trailer hooked to the dollie's fifth wheel. Diabolical little device that could bring a grown man to tears.

Jiff Lock. They were dollies that could be used to convert a special tractor setup from a single to a tandem. The pintle hook and tongue would slide up in a opening in the back frame rails of tractor, the tractor's fifth wheel would slide forward and a regular trailer hooked to the dollie's fifth wheel. Diabolical little device that could bring a grown man to tears.

amen, I rest my case!!!!
I think Davey's pulling our leg.

And assured to ruin much clothing.

Serious On this one, I’ve never seen one. That sounds like a disaster.

That video was in fast mode and it still took forever. I was stressing out watching the man. So let me get this right. You would then have to move the fifth wheel to run as a single axle?

That video was in fast mode and it still took forever. I was stressing out watching the man. So let me get this right. You would then have to move the fifth wheel to run as a single axle?
Yes because the 5th wheel in the front (on the tractor if you will) has to be moved into position for use. When the video was started, he was already Jiffed up and was using the back 5th wheel, the front one was slid forward out of the way, so to speak.

Imagine doing that when you've just run through snow and everything is covered in ice.

Yes because the 5th wheel in the front (on the tractor if you will) has to be moved into position for use. When the video was started, he was already Jiffed up and was using the back 5th wheel.

I won't tell him about backing up and slaming on brakes with pins out of front 5th wheel, you call for a wrecker to put it back on rails.
We didn't have the device to move 5th wheel like Big R.
Fun starts in ice and snow in 20 degree weather, you learn a few more cuss words.