Holland | Skeptical YRC Employees Voting On Five-Year Wage Concessions Worth $100 Million/Yr

This is the third time that they have claimed "this cut" would be the one that gets their finances back on track. But since they couldn't' run a lemonade stand efficiently, they are no better off now than they were before the first concession. This isn't their final offer, and it isn't the final time that they will dig into the employee's pockets either. If the big wigs were to take huge pay and benefit package cuts themselves, I'd say that they are truly desperate, but since they don't, I'd say that they are just trying to squeeze more out of the employees to help cover their incompetence.

All of this time, I've thought that the Teamsters were supposed to be sitting at the table anytime there was something big going on at YRCW. So why not this time? There was no negotiation from what I read, it's............ "here, accept it or else".

And by the way........if that "veteran employee" who was quoted in the article multiple times had replaced Hoffa years ago like I wanted him to, I guarantee that there would have been negotiations, not just some deal that was forced upon the employees. (and yes, I know who that veteran is.) lol

Northern flash I like what you said. I don't know if you remember the days of Chrysler's CEO Lee Iacocca went to the auto workers union for concessions and promised that if they gave he would give and he work for one dollar a year until he turn the company around approximate 4 years later and then made sure all the employees were rewarded for their sacrifice. That sure not what were getting. It's my opinion why YRC will just keep taking and taking and taking as long as we give. It's time to put a stop to this once and for all. We need to vote no and whatever happens happens. And as for the Teamsters they forgot about us along time ago. Old man Hoffa is turning in his grave wherever is.

I remember that. But that's old school. Now the greed at the top is pathetic.....they take raises while the employees struggle to make ends meet. Where is this "equal sacrifice" b.s. that they always spew?

I remember too. I'm sure he made out in the long run by doing that.

Northern flash I like what you said. I don't know if you remember the days of Chrysler's CEO Lee Iacocca went to the auto workers union for concessions and promised that if they gave he would give and he work for one dollar a year until he turn the company around approximate 4 years later and then made sure all the employees were rewarded for their sacrifice. That sure not what were getting. It's my opinion why YRC will just keep taking and taking and taking as long as we give. It's time to put a stop to this once and for all. We need to vote no and whatever happens happens. And as for the Teamsters they forgot about us along time ago. Old man Hoffa is turning in his grave wherever is.

I remember too. I'm sure he {Lee Iacocca} made out in the long run by doing that.
So what? I wouldn't care how much money Welsh was making if he would get his hands out of the employees pockets. But if you have one ounce of decency, how do you take raises while you reduce the employee's package?

So what? I wouldn't care how much money Welsh was making if he would get his hands out of the employees pockets. But if you have one ounce of decency, how do you take raises while you reduce the employee's package?

Maybe he has a split personality and when one decided he had enough the other had to persuade him to stay and rewarded himself with a retention raise.. You know good executives are hard to find..

Dony you guys remember when he replaced Dollar Bill, The Messiah made t very clear that he had made his money and was only here to make sure ole Yella Dawg survived so all of his former employees could and would remain working.. This wasnt about the money for him.. See how this is woriking out..

Maybe he has a split personality and when one decided he had enough the other had to persuade him to stay and rewarded himself with a retention raise.. You know good executives are hard to find..
It's nearly impossible to find people who will work for $800,000 thousand to $2.5 million per year in wages, 100% paid health care, $500,000 thousand dollar bonus each year (regardless of whether successful or not), a guaranteed severance package of 2-5 million dollars, and millions of dollars worth of stock given to them each year.

I know that I wouldn't do it.lol

If the management and executives we're realistic they could take a page out of Lee Iaccoca's book and have a salary of 1 dollar and make their money on the stock options side. They talk the talk but don't walk the walk!