Yellow | Skip Ratification Formality & Move Straight To Strike Vote

I didn't here Ernie say anything about running down to the hall for a strike vote if this offer is turned down This sounds like a one time take it or leave it offer Just because ABF got to take a strike vote does not mean it will be the same way at YRCW The IBT makes the call to have a strike vote not the drivers

Someone on here said a no vote is a strike vote.

Big deal, how many times are you going to say it, you get 1 vote, regardless of how many times you say it..... make those demands at your next outfit and see how far it gets you, but most importantly, vote NO and see who gives a damn, and before you wonder whos worrying about it, nobody about your vote but your constant bitching about it and not going to all the better companies that are begging you to come at the bottom of their board is getting old and redundant, nobody is forcing you to be here. Crybaby

Don't know for sure but I have heard more than once that Estes in the event of a lay off that they lay off the top senior men and work the newbies because they don't get paid as the top guys . Can any one clarify this ? (This was mentioned about starting over at a new company Big R Guy .)
most freight companies in Dallas are laying off right now or working the men 4 days a week because of the lower volumes of freight from the tariff situation, fed ex reported a significant lower volume of freight in their earnings release. But they will definitely welcome 30000 teamsters at the bottom of their board ready to vote the union back in after they cry enough about the good ole days and things just not being the same, just watch em, the main ones crying for the gates to close are gonna be the 1st and main ones crying wishing they were open, a lot of us prepared for this day after the last time so many trolls and idiots wanted us to be unemployed and wishing hardship to our coworkers and families, but i bet you anything most of the main ones bitching and yelling close the doors didnt prepare
This is gonna be very interesting to finally see a bunch of crybabies get what they cry and pray for
Poetic Justice

"most freight companies in Dallas are laying off right now or working the men 4 days a week because of the lower volumes of freight"

BRG is getting most of this. (they are picky) freight and moving it overnight under the Boardwalk.
:1036316054:

I question this, the Boardwalk is not 13.6 high, then again, this does not usually deter Coop drivers.

Don't know for sure but I have heard more than once that Estes in the event of a lay off that they lay off the top senior men and work the newbies because they don't get paid as the top guys . Can any one clarify this ? (This was mentioned about starting over at a new company Big R Guy .)
One of my coworkers (exPreston/exRoadway, now exBatesville) applied at Estes/Indy three years ago. TM was exUPSF. He was offered a job. TM told him he doesn't layoff if can be avoided. Tries to keep drivers at a minimum avg of 2700 miles a week by running Everyone at 4 days a week if slow, so all keep running. My buddy stayed at Batesville then, but quit a month ago to go to WalMart and be home every day.

A strike vote will cause all companies to pull their freight out of the yrc system ......which will cause yrc to go bankrupt .......that will show em
Where is the freight going to go? The 1994 strike proved no one could handle the excess freight. American Freight (now Fed ex)say they could do it, yet their yard was packed with freight. Overnight (now UPS FREIGHT) said they would put Holland out of business yet their yard was so jammed with excess freight it took weeks after the strike to clean out of freight mess. There is not enough drivers and equipment now to handle all of the tonnage let alone closing all of YRC.

I'm not worried about where the freight will go. It'll go somewhere.
It will go to yrc.
Because it's going to pass. If not go independent. Scab... I mean snag up some of that abandoned freight. :17142:
NEXT!
:1036316054:

Not true. We had a “reduction in force” in 08 and it went from the bottom up. When things are slow we do rotate off though. Sometimes they ask us to, sometimes it just happens. I don’t mind because I remember being the bottom man and hurting for miles.

Back to lurking...

Yrc can't afford to layoff no one. They don't have enough now and if you layoff men they dont come back.
Stop the scare tactics. Vote no. Save the pension and get wages where they belong.