Reddaway | SLC, Reno and Denver

SLC union. Denver and Buffalo wy still non union last of the Mohicans. Half the Linehaul board went to ODFL. They cut all their Den to SLC runs for the Union drivers from SLC. My buddy thinks their starving them on purpose to merge. The other half the board left is all looking around at jobs waiting to see what happens.

NON union = No Merge Per the NMFA. They will be absorbed and offered employment with the new company Yellow Freight If there are any positions available. May be a situation where they are considered new hires and start everything over, Vacation time, pay scale, etc. who knows for sure? I would hit the road and turn the page if my terminal was still non union going into this year.

NON union = No Merge Per the NMFA. They will be absorbed and offered employment with the new company Yellow Freight If there are any positions available. May be a situation where they are considered new hires and start everything over, Vacation time, pay scale, etc. who knows for sure? I would hit the road and turn the page if my terminal was still non union going into this year.

Yeah I would turn the page too. These guys left are the top of the board so I get it why they are waiting for the end. Fortunately all the LTL’s need drivers yesterday in Denver. OD has a 10k sign on bonus. But it’s starting over which some of these guys haven’t done in 15-20-30 years. I’m Sure some will just retire.

Really? Where in the contract?

Go ask your local BA what happens to Reddaway terminals that decline to card check into the NMFA. Yellow will absorb those Terminals into the new company and the Union has ZERO obligation to those former Reddaway employees. They will be lucky to be offered positions at the bottom of the board with benefits and pay intact. Or they may be offered an opportunity to fill out a new application for employment. In this driver shortage we are currently in my bet would be the first option.

Well sounds as if the last of the hold outs (Denver) have signed enough cards to join the NMFA. Waiting for an official count in the coming weeks. Guess they felt the Heat coming down the shoot. Yellow will proceed much faster with the big change of operations in the west.