FedEx Freight | Sleep Apnea

FedEx has a sleep dept. Concentra will do a BMI and measure your neck and that's pretty much all they need to trigger it. I think the neck measurement is 19 inches. Concentra will give you a temporary extension on your DOT to get tested. So when you turn in your paperwork to management you should be given paperwork or directed to call FedEx. The sleep test is done at home after you jump through a bunch of hoops. The first option used to be to have a supervisor attach the wristband at work before you go home to prevent "cheating". Option 2 was a picture of your face with the wristband on you with the ID number visible next to it. Of course that option also means you need to send a picture of your DL to prove it's you.

Once they approve you for the CPAP you then get to visit a respiratory center for the fitting. Look forward to another physical after a few weeks of wearing it to show your sleep report to extend the physical. Now you should get the 30-45 day follow up DOT physical to prove you are on the $$$ treadmill. Once on CPAP Concentra will add to the bottom line of a physical twice as often plus the 3-4 to get you into the mask. Multiply by X drivers until FedEx catches on and it's still your problem/expense. Hopefully you have some vacation time built up for all this.
the neck assessment is 17-17 1/12 in neck depending on which doctor wants to enforce it. I just my DOT physical and thats what the doctor told me. Lose the weight or there will be a sleep apnea machine put upon you. there not messing around anymore, there putting alot of drivers on it and the majority are obese.

the neck assessment is 17-17 1/12 in neck depending on which doctor wants to enforce it. I just my DOT physical and thats what the doctor told me. Lose the weight or there will be a sleep apnea machine put upon you. there not messing around anymore, there putting alot of drivers on it and the majority are obese.
Measuring your neck is not part of a DOT physical find a real Dr just a money grabbing scam! So all these drivers from 1930s to early 2000s were driving with undiagnosed sleep Apnea I don't see any difference in accident rates since they started forcing people to wear these Darth Vader masks?

Measuring your neck is not part of a DOT physical find a real Dr just a money grabbing scam! So all these drivers from 1930s to early 2000s were driving with undiagnosed sleep Apnea I don't see any difference in accident rates since they started forcing people to wear these Darth Vader masks?
That's the problem J. Went to a real certified DOT doc got my recertification after short term and sent it into Harrison. They rejected it, said I couldn't come back unless I got my physical at Concentra, and measuring your neck is what they are all about!

That's the problem J. Went to a real certified DOT doc got my recertification after short term and sent it into Harrison. They rejected it, said I couldn't come back unless I got my physical at Concentra, and measuring your neck is what they are all about!
Who's Harrison? If they force you to go to their Dr then you are screwed unfortunately have to look for a new company that doesn't force you to go to Concentra they are the worst. I know it's hard to start over but I know too many drivers who are miserable wearing these masks can't get any sleep wear it watching TV or driving so they don't have to wear it when they sleep. No one should be forced on this crap I'm sorry they won't accept it courts ruled for companies in Crete case. These BMI standards haven't been updated since WW2 people are much bigger now I'm 6'6 450lbs there is nothing wrong with me my blood pressure under 140 without meds I take my dog for long walks every other day when I'm home can still run and squat under trailer for pre trips. Most people think I'm only around 300lbs and are shocked when they see how much I weigh when I go on a truck scale.

Who's Harrison? If they force you to go to their Dr then you are screwed unfortunately have to look for a new company that doesn't force you to go to Concentra they are the worst. I know it's hard to start over but I know too many drivers who are miserable wearing these masks can't get any sleep wear it watching TV or driving so they don't have to wear it when they sleep. No one should be forced on this crap I'm sorry they won't accept it courts ruled for companies in Crete case. These BMI standards haven't been updated since WW2 people are much bigger now I'm 6'6 450lbs there is nothing wrong with me my blood pressure under 140 without meds I take my dog for long walks every other day when I'm home can still run and squat under trailer for pre trips. Most people think I'm only around 300lbs and are shocked when they see how much I weigh when I go on a truck scale.

Harrison is hq for FedExFreight. I'm on the same page, believe me.

Daaang Jaloc…….I hereby turn over my name and avatar to you…..:17142:

Concentra will get you into a CPAP machine even if you don't need it is my experience. We have a department that deals with it at FedEx. You will be mailed a sleep test kit to wear one night. Then you send it back to be read. I was set up with a video call doctor halfway across the country that said I needed it. Like it's been said it is expensive for the machine. They will call several times a week and sometimes daily for you to reorder supplies when they think you should have run out. At least now you will get to re-certify your DOT every year.

Your life support machine is fairly quiet. Hopefully you have some type of headboard on your bed to keep the hose somewhat out of the way but it will still be a bother. Look forward to having air shoot into your eye at random times during the night due to sleep positions or the tube getting caught on your pillow. If you try to talk to the wife with it on it will steal your air so no more pillow talk. I was able to go to sleep in about 30 minutes with it on compared to just a couple of minutes not wearing it. Sleeping the whole night was the norm until I started the CPAP life, now I wake up 3-6 times a night.

Now I am more tired during the day and have to fight the urge to fall asleep in the afternoon during prime pick up time. The closer I get to Friday the more tired and cranky I get. Thank you Concentra and FedEx for enhancing my life through science.
Hey thanks for that. Iwork for Fedex Freight I recently gained some weight. Got told I need to take the sleep study test.

Awww , you are not going to like it .

Now you have to have diet beer , worst of all , diet hot dogs .

A friend of mine got into a argument with a Concentra Clown
and told him go ahead fail me then you can live with that and
he can retire from a place he hates . Then the truck behind his
wife and children will be some inexperanced clown with a CDL
he just got when
somebody fixed his illegal paperwork . They
gave him a 1 year and said loose the weight !

Good Luck Friend
We are here with all the answers since many , many of us have been dragged through this hog wash money making scam.

SMOKESTACK

Stop Flyby you are making me hungry. I just asked Mrs if we can have corn dogs and baked beans tonight.
Uh oh....Smoke had too many beans....lmao
avoid tbs network GIF by The Detour

Don't do it find another job once you put on the Darth Vader mask almost impossible for it to come off! Ask Smokestack how much weight he had to lose to get rid of the mask.
I thought they just recently came out with a less intrusive contraption that only goes over the nose or something. Class anyone know?