FedEx Freight | Sleep Apnea

Had that nose thing too , I see something called Inspire now and it seems like it's good but I did not look into it. The dang hose , constant cleaning or you will get sick , the whole thing was horrible , just horrible. I'm no Doc and don't know your underlying problems friend. I just could not take the nonsense anymore so I went on a hunger strike until my Doc said Smoke this has to stop and you need to eat. I lost 100 pounds. Still guilty of only eating yogurt and odd things or not at all. You are new here so I'll admit there is nothing like ice cold High Life & hot dogs. I / we all understand you. Let me tell you this , skinny people have sleep apnea too but if you have a muscular neck or are heavy they automatically will single you out.

I work for a different LTL company. I took a pro active approach years ago and when I went to my personal Physician for my yearly physical she referred me for a sleep apnea test. Insurance paid for it and the said I had a slight case but didn't need a C-pap. I took the results with me when I took my DOT physical and the doctor reviewed them and put it into their system and I tell them about it when I go back the next time.

avoid tbs network GIF by The Detour
Hey anybody hear the sonic boom this morning ?

Mission accomplished , toilet plugger....

You have to pay for your own c-pap machine if needed. Your pay for own doctors visits also. Of course your medical card re-certification once cleared is payed for by FedEx. How much one of those machines cost I really don’t know.

Don’t go to concentra if your terminal offers other clinic options anything is better than concentra. Concentra will make a corpse take a sleep apnea test.

I got my machine from the doctor for right around a thousand bones they have a lease to own type deal where you pay around 100 a month till it's paid off. Don't buy one off the internet these machines are no good after five years and people try getting thier money back. If you go through the doctor is your best bet. When the deductible is met its not that much after that.

My understanding from the guys I worked with who had to go thru it was that it's all on the driver. Cash or credit card up front. I sure hope that isn't still the case. Good luck driver
No it's not all on the employee.I've been on the c pap since 99 and a bi pap since 2020. Cigna covers it. Granted you got to reach the deductible

Had that nose thing too , I see something called Inspire now and it seems like it's good but I did not look into it. The dang hose , constant cleaning or you will get sick , the whole thing was horrible , just horrible. I'm no Doc and don't know your underlying problems friend. I just could not take the nonsense anymore so I went on a hunger strike until my Doc said Smoke this has to stop and you need to eat. I lost 100 pounds. Still guilty of only eating yogurt and odd things or not at all. You are new here so I'll admit there is nothing like ice cold High Life & hot dogs. I / we all understand you. Let me tell you this , skinny people have sleep apnea too but if you have a muscular neck or are heavy they automatically will single you out.
Insurance does not cover the Inspire procedure and as I understand it that cost around 30,000. Dot will not accept that as a cure for sleep apnea they want you on CPAP machine.

Insurance does not cover the Inspire procedure and as I understand it that cost around 30,000. Dot will not accept that as a cure for sleep apnea they want you on CPAP machine.
Wanted to add one more thing as I have had sleep apnea for the last 10 years and it was explained to me at my sleep lab that when you stop breathing so many times a night such as myself which was 23 times per hour that the continuous strain on your heart will eventually blow out the left ventricle of your heart hence the fact that when you see someone that passes due to natural causes is often un diagnosed sleep apnea. Just my 2 cents, I know it is a pain in the ass to get used to but I would like to be around for a while yet. Thanks!