FedEx Freight | Sleep Apnea

You have to pay for your own c-pap machine if needed. Your pay for own doctors visits also. Of course your medical card re-certification once cleared is payed for by FedEx. How much one of those machines cost I really don’t know.
Don’t go to concentra if your terminal offers other clinic options anything is better than concentra. Concentra will make a corpse take a sleep apnea test.

As one of the lucky ones who is now chained to a cpap machine, I recommend getting the prescription from your doctor and then ordering it online. You can use the medical debit card to pay for it. If you get it through the doctor you will pay 3 times the price. The last machine I bought online from cpap.com was $700. The original machine through the doctor was $2200.

Concentra will get you into a CPAP machine even if you don't need it is my experience. We have a department that deals with it at FedEx. You will be mailed a sleep test kit to wear one night. Then you send it back to be read. I was set up with a video call doctor halfway across the country that said I needed it. Like it's been said it is expensive for the machine. They will call several times a week and sometimes daily for you to reorder supplies when they think you should have run out. At least now you will get to re-certify your DOT every year.

Your life support machine is fairly quiet. Hopefully you have some type of headboard on your bed to keep the hose somewhat out of the way but it will still be a bother. Look forward to having air shoot into your eye at random times during the night due to sleep positions or the tube getting caught on your pillow. If you try to talk to the wife with it on it will steal your air so no more pillow talk. I was able to go to sleep in about 30 minutes with it on compared to just a couple of minutes not wearing it. Sleeping the whole night was the norm until I started the CPAP life, now I wake up 3-6 times a night.

Now I am more tired during the day and have to fight the urge to fall asleep in the afternoon during prime pick up time. The closer I get to Friday the more tired and cranky I get. Thank you Concentra and FedEx for enhancing my life through science.

Concentra will get you into a CPAP machine even if you don't need it is my experience. We have a department that deals with it at FedEx. You will be mailed a sleep test kit to wear one night. Then you send it back to be read. I was set up with a video call doctor halfway across the country that said I needed it. Like it's been said it is expensive for the machine. They will call several times a week and sometimes daily for you to reorder supplies when they think you should have run out. At least now you will get to re-certify your DOT every year.

Your life support machine is fairly quiet. Hopefully you have some type of headboard on your bed to keep the hose somewhat out of the way but it will still be a bother. Look forward to having air shoot into your eye at random times during the night due to sleep positions or the tube getting caught on your pillow. If you try to talk to the wife with it on it will steal your air so no more pillow talk. I was able to go to sleep in about 30 minutes with it on compared to just a couple of minutes not wearing it. Sleeping the whole night was the norm until I started the CPAP life, now I wake up 3-6 times a night.

Now I am more tired during the day and have to fight the urge to fall asleep in the afternoon during prime pick up time. The closer I get to Friday the more tired and cranky I get. Thank you Concentra and FedEx for enhancing my life through science.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ALL FACTS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My understanding from the guys I worked with who had to go thru it was that it's all on the driver. Cash or credit card up front. I sure hope that isn't still the case. Good luck driver
Who sends you for a sleep study you or FEDEX? If it’s FEDEX…… what’s the signs they see to send you for one?

Who sends you for a sleep study you or FEDEX? If it’s FEDEX…… what’s the signs they see to send you for one?
FedEx has a sleep dept. Concentra will do a BMI and measure your neck and that's pretty much all they need to trigger it. I think the neck measurement is 19 inches. Concentra will give you a temporary extension on your DOT to get tested. So when you turn in your paperwork to management you should be given paperwork or directed to call FedEx. The sleep test is done at home after you jump through a bunch of hoops. The first option used to be to have a supervisor attach the wristband at work before you go home to prevent "cheating". Option 2 was a picture of your face with the wristband on you with the ID number visible next to it. Of course that option also means you need to send a picture of your DL to prove it's you.

Once they approve you for the CPAP you then get to visit a respiratory center for the fitting. Look forward to another physical after a few weeks of wearing it to show your sleep report to extend the physical. Now you should get the 30-45 day follow up DOT physical to prove you are on the $$$ treadmill. Once on CPAP Concentra will add to the bottom line of a physical twice as often plus the 3-4 to get you into the mask. Multiply by X drivers until FedEx catches on and it's still your problem/expense. Hopefully you have some vacation time built up for all this.

FedEx has a sleep dept. Concentra will do a BMI and measure your neck and that's pretty much all they need to trigger it. I think the neck measurement is 19 inches. Concentra will give you a temporary extension on your DOT to get tested. So when you turn in your paperwork to management you should be given paperwork or directed to call FedEx. The sleep test is done at home after you jump through a bunch of hoops. The first option used to be to have a supervisor attach the wristband at work before you go home to prevent "cheating". Option 2 was a picture of your face with the wristband on you with the ID number visible next to it. Of course that option also means you need to send a picture of your DL to prove it's you.

Once they approve you for the CPAP you then get to visit a respiratory center for the fitting. Look forward to another physical after a few weeks of wearing it to show your sleep report to extend the physical. Now you should get the 30-45 day follow up DOT physical to prove you are on the $$$ treadmill. Once on CPAP Concentra will add to the bottom line of a physical twice as often plus the 3-4 to get you into the mask. Multiply by X drivers until FedEx catches on and it's still your problem/expense. Hopefully you have some vacation time built up for all this.
Thanks

I know a few drivers who thought they had Obstructive sleep apnea and tried using the Z quiet, SnoreRX and nasal dialators like the brand mute. I know one had luck with the SnoreRX after getting used to using it and stopped snoring completely once he got used to wearing it after a few nights and left it in. His GF said he's lost 10 pounds in a month from being able to sleep better and longer, she hears him breathing and it sounds normal now and he stopped making snorting sounds and less tossing and turning. She is sleeping better she says cause she is not worrying about the gasping and pauses anymore. They are a little pricey, he is using the regular one, not the advanced one. I looked at them and it looks like there are 3 versions. Could be worth a shot for anyone who wants to try something now if you think it is Obstructive sleep apnea.

* liposuction for neck fat to decrease neck size is a secret among some drivers from what I have heard from some people.

Last edited: