Yellow | SLEEP APNEA

mud_cat

TB Lurker
Credits
:kicking:If you are unemployed call the VA. They are giving the sleep test, cpap and the compliance letter to keep you able to work at no cost if you are unemployed or don't have insurance. The lists are filling up fast, because the rule I was told that was not yet a rule, will go into effect in July, forcing Dr.s to send you for a sleep test if you don't meet guidelines. So drivers are running in to get tested and thee free equipment. And its not cheap stuff either. The st up I got would have cost me over 2 grand from the prices I'm getting online.

The letter they showed me also says that there will be mandatory testing for all drivers to prove you don't have sleep apnea regardless of your weight or size coming soon. You can thank Schneider, JB HUNT and Werner for that one. Because they participated in a study and found that more drivers that were not over weight had sleep apnea than the fat boys who are being forced. So be prepared for the rules to change again. I hope this helps some of you guys that don't have insurance.

call them and get it done now! for free!!!

THANK YOU mud_cat!!

Correct; Test, and equipment can EASILY reach 2grand+ and NO INSURANCE COMPANY PAYS THE COSTS!!>>As discovered in late '08<<
Another VALID REASON to discontinue truck driving!!

[quote author=Cerberus_Kelpie link=topic=79938.msg827876#msg827876 date=1273260535]
THANK YOU mud_cat!!

Correct; Test, and equipment can EASILY reach 2grand+ and NO INSURANCE COMPANY PAYS THE COSTS!!>>As discovered in late '08<<
Another VALID REASON to discontinue truck driving!!
[/quote]
So...... and I never say this................. When are we gonna say enough is enough. More responsibility (CSA 2010) higher level of health fitness required (blood pressure, sleep apnea testing etc.) Now you would think that that would warrant a pay commensurate with the requirements but NO the pay goes DOWN. And now its gonna lower a drivers pay by another 2 grand! We are already 10 years back on our pay and I bet most trucking companies are the same. All in the name of a misguided attempt at improving public safety. Why does the guy in the car next to me on the highway get to drive with untreated sleep apnea and cause an accident that involves me? Where are the programs to get this unsafe driver off the roads? Just because a Camry isn't as big and scary as a Peterbuilt he wont get any attention.
Disgusting.

As our wages and benefits get lower and lower, the regulations and fees get higher and higher. What a bunch of :bs:

[quote author=Boilerpeddle link=topic=79938.msg828036#msg828036 date=1273324415]
"Italian Style" said:
Truck driving won't be a career anymore, it will just be a job.
Yeah, a bad one.
[/quote]

It has already become that I would not recommend truck driving to anyone as a career

[quote author=Boilerpeddle link=topic=79938.msg827991#msg827991 date=1273296437]

So...... and I never say this................. When are we gonna say enough is enough. More responsibility (CSA 2010) higher level of health fitness required (blood pressure, sleep apnea testing etc.) Now you would think that that would warrant a pay commensurate with the requirements but NO the pay goes DOWN. And now its gonna lower a drivers pay by another 2 grand! We are already 10 years back on our pay and I bet most trucking companies are the same. All in the name of a misguided attempt at improving public safety. Why does the guy in the car next to me on the highway get to drive with untreated sleep apnea and cause an accident that involves me? Where are the programs to get this unsafe driver off the roads? Just because a Camry isn't as big and scary as a Peterbuilt he wont get any attention.
Disgusting.
[/quote]

Don't forget-- barry sotorro (barry obama) has now announced unregulated/unsafe trucks from Mexico can soon start driving the USA......

The cannucks and mexicans are not regulated by the csa crap yes, yet when WE go to their countries, WE are regulated by their crap?

Sure, there are some Mexican, Central + South American Driving routes that make any here in North America pale in comparison (except a few in Winter), HOWEVER such experiences of those Drivers doesn't allow unabated, unwarranted, unregulated driving in this Country lest the whole system collapse, which I believe is what the feds strive.

The csa crap APPLIES TO EVERYONE regardless of Nationality or it applies to no one.
WRECKS are to be GREATER with MORE LOSSES OF LIFE than have been seen to date.

[quote author=jimmy g link=topic=79938.msg828288#msg828288 date=1273411122]
[quote author=Boilerpeddle link=topic=79938.msg827991#msg827991 date=1273296437]

Don't forget-- barry sotorro (barry obama) has now announced unregulated/unsafe trucks from Mexico can soon start driving the USA......
[/quote]Just remember Hoffa shaking hands with Mr. Obama to endorse him and Hoffa asking for the rank and file to elect him......What a freaking joke........... :rant: :rant: :rant:

i just receieved this same info on my recent DOT Recertificaton, if you fail 2 out of the 3 observed tests, IE: blood pressure, neck size, and your BMI ( Body Mass Index) then you have to take this damn test!

i think that if you have jumped thru all the hoops and get a clear cdl w/hm endose you should be getting a higher pay for meeting a higher standard of health, jmo

i think that if you have jumped thru all the hoops and get a clear cdl w/hm endose� you should be getting a higher pay for meeting a higher standard of health, jmo

Not going to happen with this recession, driver. Too many drivers and not enough work for everyone.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

[quote author=sapper link=topic=79938.msg828538#msg828538 date=1273464210]
i think that if you have jumped thru all the hoops and get a clear cdl w/hm endose you should be getting a higher pay for meeting a higher standard of health, jmo
[/quote]
In addition to ranger309, IF there were to be increases in Driver pay for having the silly Hz-Mt endorsement AND jumping through all the hoops........well let's just say that such recognition would undermine the District of Calamity thereby upsetting the balance of subjugation versus extollment.
Nice idea sapper and thank you!!

The state doesn't care if someone has Haz-mat endorsements or not. It is just another way for the state to make a profit off of someone. There should be claim on taxes or something for the drivers that have those endorsements. It carries a greater responsibility in driving to go according to the rules of post 9/11. So those drivers should get paid a little more then the rest. I know YRC makes a ton of money to haul Haz-mat materials. It is a different cost cycle they charge to the customers then hauling the non Haz-mat freight, anyway.

you are correct, that would foul up the soup would'nt it?

CK is right on the money like usual. I agree that drivers hualing lots of hazmat, not just a placard for a small quantities, should be paid higher wages, but they are not. Its one reason I gave up pulling fuel tankers. The money just isn't there to risk my life or be scared for life anymore should something go bad.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk