Estes | Sleeper Cabs

localboy2

TB Lurker
Credits
hey guyz, don't know if this was covered before but how long does it take before some of us extra guys get sleepers? There's all kinds of rumors going around that all the xtra boarders are getting sleepers but it seems to be taking forever. I would personally prefer breaking in my sleeper than some of them bunks! not to mention room to move around...other than that, loving this gig.

it seems to be a terminal thing. Tell your tm to pull some strings and bring you a big ol large unit so you can run over street signs, mailboxes and screw up the parking at the Microtel like those other heros. Lol

A friend of mine just got done checking into that also. Don't know his name, but friend talked to the eguipment manager in Richmond. Was told he would get a sleeper with no less than 1 million on it, and that he was #39 on the list (he started the process last week). they issue approximately 20 units a year to singles, so he is looking at just short of 2 years. Like Mildew said, maybe your t/m has alot of pull and get you one faster !!!

I'll just take an 8100 then i don't have to worry about that stupid EGR valve messing up cause it AIN'T GOT ONE. That's got to be the #1 problem with the 8600's.

your pretty familiar with them 8100's anyway BB, lol..... your right, they may ride like -hit, but at least they run half way decent

LOL! Mildew, it's always hilarious to see how some of these guys park at the hotel. And rjjr, 2 years:wtflol:?? guess I better get used to stretching out in the 8600 in the rest areas! I had a sleeper loaner for a week and boy, did I love laying down for my cat naps without having to tap the gas pedal every 2 mins!

why a sleeper? according to some koolade drinkers on this site there is nothing wrong with where they send you to take your break.

As I sit here and drink my koolade I can say this. My truck is older than worm dirt, my a/c barely works, my am fm cassete isn't worth turning on, my motel room has a granite sink, shower, clean bed, desk, a/c and is only temporary. My Texas fajitas will arrive shortly and my koolade is brought to me in a big mason jar by a fine looking waitress wearing tight jeans. I feel quilty getting my paycheck that is probably more than .60 cent a mile teamster Elvis's but somebody has to do it and it may as well be me

Who said there is nothing wrong with where they send us to take our break? As I recall, what was said in the other thread was that if we didn't like it, we were paid pretty well and could afford to pay for a hotel. I am sitting at the Super 8 in Chattanooga right now. It's not great, but I'm here to sleep. I stayed in the bunk in Nashville yesterday. It wasn't great, but I slept fine. If you're better than us and need to stay at the Hilton every night, feel free to cough up the money. If you work here, you can afford it.

bunk rooms in 037 used to be the best. what happened

I thought they were ok last time I was there. Whatcha talkin bout drivar???? ....
also, what's up with this new linen policy??? anybody else heard anything about it?

I thought they were ok last time I was there. Whatcha talkin bout drivar???? ....
also, what's up with this new linen policy??? anybody else heard anything about it?

Supposedly, all terminals with bunkrooms will be equiped with clean(lol) bed linen,if you have none..Use them at your own risk....I'm cold natured..Will they have grandma's handmade quilt there for me,and my woo-woo...That's OK,if I have to stay somewhere I deem to be unfit,I have plastic...They can't force you to stay there...As per J.T., himself..

Supposedly, all terminals with bunkrooms will be equiped with clean(lol) bed linen,if you have none..Use them at your own risk....I'm cold natured..Will they have grandma's handmade quilt there for me,and my woo-woo...That's OK,if I have to stay somewhere I deem to be unfit,I have plastic...They can't force you to stay there...As per J.T., himself..
Yea, a driver from Albany asked the boss if he had linen. The boss man said, "go to the motel." ... I guess this is a policy that's been out since Jan 1.....I believe in cutting costs but a driver really needs his break. He don't need to lay down in a place where footsteps are heard or lifts are ran. We are the backbone of everyones salary any way it's sliced. If we are costing them too much then the cuts need to come from somewhere else. imho

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, a driver from Albany asked the boss if he had linen. The boss man said, "go to the motel." ... I guess this is a policy that's been out since Jan 1.....I believe in cutting costs but a driver really needs his break. He don't need to lay down in a place where footsteps are heard or lifts are ran. We are the backbone of everyones salary any way it's sliced. If we are costing them too much then the cuts need to come from somewhere else. imho

It's easier,in business, to make the cuts where it's noticable...To the highest paid....

just yesterday decided to pay for the hotel rather than bunk at 055, and boy was it worth it. 55$ inclusive tax. And for that? flat screen tv, jacuzzi in the room and sleep number bed. Ahh, got off break an hr later,lol!

just yesterday decided to pay for the hotel rather than bunk at 055, and boy was it worth it. 55$ inclusive tax. And for that? flat screen tv, jacuzzi in the room and sleep number bed. Ahh, got off break an hr later,lol!

You right it off at the year end anyway....Why stay somewhere you're not comfortable...Spend the money...Get you some GOOD rest....

I believe a driver could tune out the shoe lady if they'd put a gumball machine filled with ambiens and a full liquor bar in the bunker at 055.

I believe a driver could tune out the shoe lady if they'd put a gumball machine filled with ambiens and a full liquor bar in the bunker at 055.

Dammit driver! Maybe collective bargaining could get you those kinds of fringe benefits. Oops, wrong thread. Carry on.