Estes | Sleeper Cabs

exactly who do you talk to in Richmond to get on the list for a sleeper? driver out of my barn got his in less than 3 months after requesting one

If I could get a sleeper I would fight anyone to the death for an extra board job with Estes, I like Sysco and being home and all, probably make close to what you guys do but I can't do it forever, I just don't want to be in bunk rooms, I have a hard time sleeping anyhow, in a truck I sleep like a baby, in a motel, not so much. In a bunk room probably not at all!!

I actually get more sleep in some of the bunk rooms. No doors banging, no screaming kids in the hallway, + no tv.
A sleeper would be nice but as far as I know, 028 has no sleepers and none on the horizon. They're a rare commodity much in demand.

I actually get more sleep in some of the bunk rooms. No doors banging, no screaming kids in the hallway, + no tv.

same here, i try not to turn the tv on because if i do i'm doomed (especially lately because my wife got me watching that Anthony trial in Orlando:popcorn: or if the Cubbies are playing)

If I could get a sleeper I would fight anyone to the death for an extra board job with Estes, I like Sysco and being home and all, probably make close to what you guys do but I can't do it forever, I just don't want to be in bunk rooms, I have a hard time sleeping anyhow, in a truck I sleep like a baby, in a motel, not so much. In a bunk room probably not at all!!
We don't have many bunkrooms out your way. The bunkroom thing is always a personal choice. Sometimes we have to reach in our wallets.

Gotcha, if I was tired enough, I could always sleep in a motel during the day, somewhat, but from what some of the guys have been saying with the towmotors and such, IDK if I could handle that, I would be one of the guys forking over the dough for a nice dark room.

We had one of our extra board drivers that got one, but he decided to come back to the city. We get them for loaners all the time since we don't have a garage at our terminal. It really screws the tractor situation up because most of our linehaul guys share with a city driver and when they bring back a sleeper, it shorts us tractors for the city.

Gotcha, if I was tired enough, I could always sleep in a motel during the day, somewhat, but from what some of the guys have been saying with the towmotors and such, IDK if I could handle that, I would be one of the guys forking over the dough for a nice dark room.
I sleep real light myself. I used to try and save a dollar by stay at some of those ::shit:: holes with the forklifts running just 20 feet away. I realized it's cheaper paying $30 - $50 buying a room than falling asleep at the wheel and losing your job. The local pharmacy also has a quik fix prescribed by my doc. Lol

just a quick update guys, after more than 7 months on extra-board I finally got my sleeper (has the green logo) from Estes specialized. However, this was after numerous callls to Jerry Stroop at Richmond. He finally returned my call about 3 weeks ago. I was running said sleeper as a loaner and the next day , I got a call from my dispatcher(024) that it was assigned to me.
I can't stress the difference it makes..from taking naps at notorious terminals while waiting on a load (055,etc) to the extra space, driving comfort and such. I guess it all depends where you are on the list. And yes Mildew, I have reached into my pocket many times when I just had to have a nice hot shower and king size bed..even with the sleeper!

just a quick update guys, after more than 7 months on extra-board I finally got my sleeper (has the green logo) from Estes specialized. However, this was after numerous callls to Jerry Stroop at Richmond. He finally returned my call about 3 weeks ago. I was running said sleeper as a loaner and the next day , I got a call from my dispatcher(024) that it was assigned to me.
I can't stress the difference it makes..from taking naps at notorious terminals while waiting on a load (055,etc) to the extra space, driving comfort and such. I guess it all depends where you are on the list. And yes Mildew, I have reached into my pocket many times when I just had to have a nice hot shower and king size bed..even with the sleeper!

Congratulations, I can only imagine the difference it makes for you, being gone all week, you can make yourself so much more comfortable.

I see drivers still running those 8100's which shouldn't even be on the road in my oppinion. The ride difference between the 8100's and the 86's is night and day. The sleepers are that much better then the 8600's in my oppinion. I would like to see the stats on the accidents with the 3 different rides. I'd bet theirs twice as many with the 8100's.

I see drivers still running those 8100's which shouldn't even be on the road in my oppinion. The ride difference between the 8100's and the 86's is night and day. The sleepers are that much better then the 8600's in my oppinion. I would like to see the stats on the accidents with the 3 different rides. I'd bet theirs twice as many with the 8100's.

I started out with an 8100 in the winter and it was horrible. The driver and passenger windows would white out in every snow storm and I'd have to pull over every 20 mins to clean them. Not to mention the terrible ride, lack of space..finally I had my winshield spider webbed by flying ice so I left it in Edison and that's the last I saw of that POS.

I wish an 8100 on nobody, not even the people I don't like because with the terrible ride it gives, they may run over someone I do like.

Is the 8100 the stubby nose smurf? I know the 8600, thats the pro star type, I drove one of those @ PFG, now I drive an IH that has the nose, not the extedded hood, I know you guys know what I'm talking about, same as the Estes 70" or 72" sleepers also seen the 52" hi rise in the estes colors, is that the truck you all are talking about? Our Ih are junk, they have 8600's in the system but we never get them only the junk that everyone is done with.

Is the 8100 the stubby nose smurf? I know the 8600, thats the pro star type, I drove one of those @ PFG, now I drive an IH that has the nose, not the extedded hood, I know you guys know what I'm talking about, same as the Estes 70" or 72" sleepers also seen the 52" hi rise in the estes colors, is that the truck you all are talking about? Our Ih are junk, they have 8600's in the system but we never get them only the junk that everyone is done with.
Yea, they are the older ones without the chrome grill and the short nose that's less aerodynamic

Ok , whats the one I drive then? Its the body style that was before the 8600? I'm on vacation or I would go look I will have to find a picture

Ok, mine is a 9200, I went to Hanks Truck Pictures and looked, the David Faust collection has some really neat Estes pics, I love that site.

Ok, mine is a 9200, I went to Hanks Truck Pictures and looked, the David Faust collection has some really neat Estes pics, I love that site.
10-4 on the 9200. That is a good site. I think his pics are copywrited. Some people go out of their way to keep folks up to speed on everything.

His pics are, I wrote him once to ask him if I could use one of his pics on my avatar on here a long time ago, he gave me his blessing and thanked me for asking instead of just using it, I thought that was pretty neat.