ODFL | Slow freight

When you guys become part of the ,Super Regional Carrier, you will complain you are working too much.
Unfortunately that is a absolute true statement. I would complain about PT when drivers were sitting home. Then it would get busy and they would call out all the time. I would look like a idiot, because I was working everyday complaining about PT.

I got to the top 1/4 in seniority, and they would complain to me about not working. Some had the nerve to tell me I needed to take off more. I told them time for yall to start complaining to someone within management. Yall made me look like a idiot enough.

We literally have drivers that count down the days a unexcused absence falls off so they can call out again.

Unfortunately that is a absolute true statement. I would complain about PT when drivers were sitting home. Then it would get busy and they would call out all the time. I would look like a idiot, because I was working everyday complaining about PT.

I got to the top 1/4 in seniority, and they would complain to me about not working. Some had the nerve to tell me I needed to take off more. I told them time for yall to start complaining to someone within management. Yall made me look like a idiot enough.

We literally have drivers that count down the days a unexcused absence falls off so they can call out again.
UE, FMLA, our my favorite, Work Comp about every year or so for a month or 2.

I haven't gotten any weekend work all summer which is unheard of. Last year they were begging for volunteers. We're not done sliding down this slope.
What area? Just state or region if you don’t want too get specific? Man, they’ve been looking for weekend volunteers only end of month in southern Wisconsin.

Senior drivers at my terminal are being forced to give up a run once a week for the bottom runs to work. ::shit:: is unprecedented. Frustrating as hell. Senority and bid runs don't mean ::shit:: at my terminal.

Senior drivers at my terminal are being forced to give up a run once a week for the bottom runs to work. **** is unprecedented. Frustrating as hell. Senority and bid runs don't mean **** at my terminal.
Seniority doesn’t mean anything anywhere here and never will. We are non-union.

I'm near the middle of the pack and even if I was at the bottom i still wouldn't like what is going on. The Future looks bleak. As a Young driver I don't like how they are treating the loyal senior drivers. One day I may be that Senior driver and it looks no better than where I am. Anybody can get fired or canceled or pushed around top or bottom.

I'm near the middle of the pack and even if I was at the bottom i still wouldn't like what is going on. The Future looks bleak. As a Young driver I don't like how they are treating the loyal senior drivers. One day I may be that Senior driver and it looks no better than where I am. Anybody can get fired or canceled or pushed around top or bottom.
If the Teamsters started leafleting this place I bet they would have a lot more interest now than ever before. Just be thankful you have a job, we’re doing great, just look at our low o/r, here’s a little raise, but we’re going to cut everything and overhire everywhere so every city guy is cut at 40 and every linehaul guy is part-time is a joke.

If the Teamsters started leafleting this place I bet they would have a lot more interest now than ever before. Just be thankful you have a job, we’re doing great, just look at our low o/r, here’s a little raise, but we’re going to cut everything and overhire everywhere so every city guy is cut at 40 and every linehaul guy is part-time is a joke.
Teamsters would never get in OD.. Remember OD owns there terminals and they will shutdown and close a terminal in a heartbeat if any Terminal organizes.They have done in the past and they will do it again.If anyone thinks OD cares about you.lol You are just a number and they will replace you in a second.Good place to work.Just not the same OD anymore..

Teamsters would never get in OD.. Remember OD owns there terminals and they will shutdown and close a terminal in a heartbeat if any Terminal organizes.They have done in the past and they will do it again.If anyone thinks OD cares about you.lol You are just a number and they will replace you in a second.Good place to work.Just not the same OD anymore..
That is also why the terminals are so close together too. One hiccup and bam new breakbulk is a jump skip and hop away next day.

Senior drivers at my terminal are being forced to give up a run once a week for the bottom runs to work. **** is unprecedented. Frustrating as hell. Senority and bid runs don't mean **** at my terminal.
Hate to say it but might be time to lay off,,. If we’re doing this now driver it won’t be any better by winter..,,

I'm not interested in the teamsters. I think a organized complaint signed by all the linehaul drivers at my terminal might cause some change for the good.
A union would only work imo if it was spread out across the US at key terminals, such as break bulk ones or relay terminals like Cheyenne where it would put a hurting on them if they didn't listen. I think it would also have to get alot worse for people to join and the union should be a new one created by the drivers similar to the Amazon union. Honestly they seem to keep the young and dumb drivers happy enough to step in and replace all the old guys.

I'm not interested in the teamsters. I think a organized complaint signed by all the linehaul drivers at my terminal might cause some change for the good.
A union would only work imo if it was spread out across the US at key terminals, such as break bulk ones or relay terminals like Cheyenne where it would put a hurting on them if they didn't listen. I think it would also have to get alot worse for people to join and the union should be a new one created by the drivers similar to the Amazon union. Honestly they seem to keep the young and dumb drivers happy enough to step in and replace all the old guys.
You would be the only name on the complaint.Them driver's will leave you hanging dry.lol

Union didn't work at FedEx freight. Union didn't hardly help at all till we pulled petition. Then they got motivated. Plus drivers are using them to get raises and policy changes then back out. At least in our case.

Driver you don't have to sign anything. Just get half your linehaul board to call in sick one day and the other half the next. That would open some eyes, but Good luck with that. If OD is anything like FedEx no one will work together on anything. Everyone looking out for themselves and companies know it. Especially in this current economy, and companies will get more brazen in months to come as it gets worse.

As bad as fedex is they don't force senior drivers to take off for junior. That's some big time BS! You're gonna mess with the people that got you where you are to take of a generation that mostly lazy and ungrateful. WOW!

Union didn't work at FedEx freight. Union didn't hardly help at all till we pulled petition. Then they got motivated. Plus drivers are using them to get raises and policy changes then back out. At least in our case.

Driver you don't have to sign anything. Just get half your linehaul board to call in sick one day and the other half the next. That would open some eyes, but Good luck with that. If OD is anything like FedEx no one will work together on anything. Everyone looking out for themselves and companies know it. Especially in this current economy, and companies will get more brazen in months to come as it gets worse.

As bad as fedex is they don't force senior drivers to take off for junior. That's some big time BS! You're gonna mess with the people that got you where you are to take of a generation that mostly lazy and ungrateful. WOW!
At every one of those terrible Teamster jobs I worked over the years senior drivers would voluntarily take time off so junior men could work enough hours to keep their benefits. I guess Teamster brothers are head and shoulders better people than non-union "brothers?"