ODFL | Slow freight

Hate to say it but might be time to lay off,,. If we’re doing this now driver it won’t be any better by winter..,,
Definitely time for a lay off. It ain't going to get better anytime soon obviously. Sucks for the people it'll happen to but their forecast is bleak anyways. It's the reality of the situation. A bunch of extra guys at my terminal worked once or zero times last week

At every one of those terrible Teamster jobs I worked over the years senior drivers would voluntarily take time off so junior men could work enough hours to keep their benefits. I guess Teamster brothers are head and shoulders better people than non-union "brothers?"
That's fine if you wanna volunteer but forcing people is B.S. What if someone had a life crisis and trying to get caught up. Fedex does CC days. Company convenience "no pay". I've taken a couple.

Definitely time for a lay off. It ain't going to get better anytime soon obviously. Sucks for the people it'll happen to but their forecast is bleak anyways. It's the reality of the situation. A bunch of extra guys at my terminal worked once or zero times last weeK

where are located? no need to be specific. home state is plenty of info if you don't mind disclosing it

That's fine if you wanna volunteer but forcing people is B.S. What if someone had a life crisis and trying to get caught up. Fedex does CC days. Company convenience "no pay". I've taken a couple.
I agree driver,, don’t care to give one up to jr who just stab you in the back or trash your truck down the road..,, I’m not the dumb one switching jobs during this admin then acting surprise it getting slow

I agree driver,, don’t care to give one up to jr who just stab you in the back or trash your truck down the road..,, I’m not the dumb one switching jobs during this admin then acting surprise it getting slow
There's gonna be alot of that driver! Seen it a bunch over the years when it slows down. No one cares about anyone just moving up! Had a friend die in 2018. They were asking for a bump bid the very next day! It wasn't even slow then! Heartless people!

I work out of the Tyler terminal. Is it company wide not to pay for alternate route miles, delay time or force your bid run to someone else? Not sure what's next really. They are already running all sorts or day runs with P&D drivers. They have a Texarkana run that goes every morning at 4am. Linehaul is getting shafted over here. :shit:show. Looking to leave by January next year. Rest of the company is good from what I hear

I work out of the Tyler terminal. Is it company wide not to pay for alternate route miles, delay time or force your bid run to someone else? Not sure what's next really. They are already running all sorts or day runs with P&D drivers. They have a Texarkana run that goes every morning at 4am. Linehaul is getting shafted over here. ****show. Looking to leave by January next year. Rest of the company is good from what I hear
Sounds like they are playing the buddy system. Keeping city working when city is slow at expense of linehaul.

There's gonna be alot of that driver! Seen it a bunch over the years when it slows down. No one cares about anyone just moving up! Had a friend die in 2018. They were asking for a bump bid the very next day! It wasn't even slow then! Heartless people!
It’s sad driver,, seen it many times… they already moving into their truck the next day too,, these kids off the dock made by mothers who smoke n drank when pregnant got no respect just out for themselves

Sounds like they are playing the buddy system. Keeping city working when city is slow at expense of linehaul.
Yes sir yes sir that same thing happening at yards here,, we way over hire city and they’re shy to keep ‘em home

If you are hurting for gas money, this ole Teamster can help you out.
Take Flyby water skiing, he's good for a couple of gallons.

IuyZ7Ys6jh58CpjvGa4r-Z1EO5VlQD6-PqxQoxxehJU.jpg

Why are you here on TB instead of being on the lake?
If you are hurting for gas money, this ole Teamster can help you out.
Take Flyby water skiing, he's good for a couple of gallons.
Driver we got these things now called smart phone I can sit anywhere be messagin you sweet nothings driver,, boat Od truck Cadillac you name it driver,, this ain’t your pie days using pay phone Comon

Driver we got these things now called smart phone I can sit anywhere be messagin you sweet nothings driver,, boat Od truck Cadillac you name it driver,, this ain’t your pie days using pay phone Comon
I need to get myself one of those.
If I had one, I'd rather entertain my babes on the Bayliner than text a bunch of ole transfer drivers.

Recession Back On: NY Fed Manufacturing Unexpectedly Craters In 2nd Biggest Drop On Record​

Tyler Durden's Photo

by Tyler Durden
Monday, Aug 15, 2022 - 07:51 AM
So much for any optimism that the US economy can avoid a hard landing.
One (business) day after the UMich survey hinted that economic optimism is set to jump amid collapsing inflation expectations, moments ago the New York Fed's Empire State Manufacturing Survey unexpectedly cratered from 11.1 to -31.3, slicking through consensus expectations for a 5.0 print like a hot knife through butter, and suffering the 2nd biggest monthly drop on record.

The big miss of the month's first regional manufacturing survey was driven by a decline across all indicators, but especially by a sharp drop in the forward looking New Orders which tanked to -29.6 from +6.2, while the shipments index plummeted nearly fifty points to -24.1, indicating a sharp decline in both orders and shipments, and strongly hinting that a hard-landing recession is inevitable and that, for all the posturing, a Fed rate cut is imminent after all.

heard from a buddy in south Carolina it is getting pretty slow down there. he said gbo cancelled 40 of their scheduled runs last night due to no freight. supposedly they're talking lay offs up there next month. SC wild drivers are not getting any work unless central disp can find them something

I'm near the middle of the pack and even if I was at the bottom i still wouldn't like what is going on. The Future looks bleak. As a Young driver I don't like how they are treating the loyal senior drivers. One day I may be that Senior driver and it looks no better than where I am. Anybody can get fired or canceled or pushed around top or bottom.
Why don't you let the senior drivers worry about being asked to take a day off, since you mentioned being mid board and haven't said anything about you being put on a 4 day week. I ACTUALLY am on the top of the line board at my terminal and would be happy to work a 4 day week through the winter to keep other drivers down board working a few days (especially if I get to pick the day, I'm thinking Fridays) Our extra drivers seem to be getting enough work here, but if asked? Sure I'd do it ...I'm just not that greedy or needy.

Why don't you let the senior drivers worry about being asked to take a day off, since you mentioned being mid board and haven't said anything about you being put on a 4 day week. I ACTUALLY am on the top of the line board at my terminal and would be happy to work a 4 day week through the winter to keep other drivers down board working a few days (especially if I get to pick the day, I'm thinking Fridays) Our extra drivers seem to be getting enough work here, but if asked? Sure I'd do it ...I'm just not that greedy or needy.
Extra board n new guys only want 5 days a week this time of year driver,,,..