ODFL | Slow times, layoff for sure!

Funny how a younger driver, been here longer than I have, mentioned to alot of people that when things get slow, cameras would be 'coming on'! I've ran into a few 'meet guys(both fill in and regular)' the past 2 weeks that 'got caught' using their phones while driving(they were docked and using the 'one touch' OD says you're allowed), and they weren't with the company but under 5 years minimum get written up and threated with their jobs. What is OD becoming, SAIA? We ALL know, in this day and age, EVERYONE uses their phone for music(entertainment) and even the 'younger crowd' uses it way more than us older guys. Guess OD will lose all the good guys, and keep all the 'bad ones' now, eh?
Who's the good guys, who's the bad ones?

Read what the FMCSA rules say about phones. Personal phone use decisions does not allow you to bypass what the FMCSA rule says. Get into any accident while driving a semi, and one of the first things they will look at is your phone records. It may end your driving career, or your life.
How would they know you pushed any buttons? Most phones you just ask it to who ever and it does just by speaking to it and if you have your headset on you not holding anything. If this be the case they get you for holding a cb mic.

How would they know you pushed any buttons? Most phones you just ask it to who ever and it does just by speaking to it and if you have your headset on you not holding anything. If this be the case they get you for holding a cb mic.

Has anyone seen it pick up any at all or hiring any drivers back anywhere?
Not sure about how much is picking up but here at Estes they have several terminals are hiring and have added some extra runs. I think its a gamble wishing for the best but if it does go south they will go by seniority and cut from bottom up. Im thankful to be working and if i do get let go hopefully another better door will open. I have been let go in layoffs before its just part of life in this ever changing world and every time God looked out for me and my family. We had to cut back and adjust, but we had food and a roof over our head.

If OD would just floor out loads, like the NP Economic Professor says, YRC should be doing, they would not be laying anyone off. In fact they would have to hire more drivers, and buy more trucks and trailers.
We're not layed off.
1 short layoff of minimal guys, maybe 2-3 weeks during the crash. 2008 or 2009.
No others in 20 years.
Keep hogging doubles and 53's.
That's what they're for.
To keep guys sitting at home.