TForce | Slow walking

agitater

TB Lurker
Credits
seems like we all need to learn how to slow walk the company safty first and if your unhappy and cant get any results from your t/m then slow walk him and see what happens he will be on more conference calls eating his a s s out for bring backs and missed pickups he will ask all the empoyees what can be done to improve production and then you will have some negotiating power but it wont work unless the group does this together bring on the comments

Well we really dont want to call it Slow Walking You Need to tell your people To Work SAFE that is the key word, That is what i tell all the guys on the dock Can you just imagine if everyone did everything the way the company says that it wants us to do how long it would take to do things. UPS only cares about safety when it benefits them, we have had dispatchers give drivers a pickup of 50,000lbs on a 48ft trl also tell drivers to hurry up with there pretrips in the mornings, they want them out of the street in 18 min, theres no time limit on how long it should take to do a pretrip

Thats real slick. Maybe thats part of the reason why road drivers are sitting at the house. Work as safe and smart and hard as you can, then maybe when the slow months come you and your brothers might have some work and a check.

that is a tactic which is effective but should only be used as a last result, for it to be effective the employees need to be unified so not to be singled out.

No the only reason the road drivers are sitting at home is because the company is violating the contract and using contractors instead of our road drivers. if all of are 8 or 9 drivers we have on "soft layoff" were doing their road runs and not working the city and keeping us on the dock everyone would be working with more of an effort.

but it all goes back to if we were all united and everyone stuck together the employees could stop the subcontracting, especially where the TM is just there waiting for his next assignment/ promotion if the numbers are good the managers are not bothered if there bad there on confrence calls everyday with the region manager, If the numbers are continuously bad the manager is sent to Atl and given 30 days to improve or he is out.

But remember Overnite our Tm is very good with numbers im sure if there is a way to hide something from his higher ups he'll find a way to or already has

you can't hide a bring back, well you can miscode it, and you can't hide dock production #'s, if every dock worker works safe and follows the rules (all the rules) the freight will slow down, and if the city and road drivers would do a "real" pretrip and refuse to pull a piece of equiptment that would not pass an inspection. Things would change.

Now imagine if every terminal did this all at the same time people would take notice, the upper management would eventually say it makes more economical sense to just put the road drivers back on the road then to deal with a "work slowdown".

you can't hide a bring back, well you can miscode it, and you can't hide dock production #'s, if every dock worker works safe and follows the rules (all the rules) the freight will slow down, and if the city and road drivers would do a "real" pretrip and refuse to pull a piece of equiptment that would not pass an inspection. Things would change.

Now imagine if every terminal did this all at the same time people would take notice, the upper management would eventually say it makes more economical sense to just put the road drivers back on the road then to deal with a "work slowdown".

WOW something besides criticism . And it make sense too lookout......Who would have thought it you advocating a work slowdown!

were all grown men here, truck drivers and dockworkers, I am not gonna hold anyones hand and cuddle them, I tell it like it is and get to the point, just like jeffs avatar says "It is not my job to blow sunshine up your a$$".

We as employees will get what we deserve whatever that is, if we stay divided ups will runover us and keep singling out the ones they want gone. Which isn't always a bad thing some people juat aren't capable of doing the job. But ups creates this atmosphere of intimidation where they want everyone scared of losing there jobs, if we accept that then were getting what we deserve.

If we stand up to them and let them know we come to work everyday and give them a fair days work and only expect a fairs day pay and were not gonna put up with there intimadation, we will get what we deserve.

A work slowdown should be used as a defensive tactic only, just like a strike, it should be used to send a message to upper management and that message is were done letting you push us around, do what is right, do what you agreed to. Ups is gonna keep pushing to take away from us the employees until they feel resistence. A work slowdown should not be done just becuase were unhappy or didn't get the hours we wanted.

were all grown men here, truck drivers and dockworkers, I am not gonna hold anyones hand and cuddle them, I tell it like it is and get to the point, just like jeffs avatar says "It is not my job to blow sunshine up your a$$".

We as employees will get what we deserve whatever that is, if we stay divided ups will runover us and keep singling out the ones they want gone. Which isn't always a bad thing some people juat aren't capable of doing the job. But ups creates this atmosphere of intimidation where they want everyone scared of losing there jobs, if we accept that then were getting what we deserve.

If we stand up to them and let them know we come to work everyday and give them a fair days work and only expect a fairs day pay and were not gonna put up with there intimadation, we will get what we deserve.

A work slowdown should be used as a defensive tactic only, just like a strike, it should be used to send a message to upper management and that message is were done letting you push us around, do what is right, do what you agreed to. Ups is gonna keep pushing to take away from us the employees until they feel resistence. A work slowdown should not be done just becuase were unhappy or didn't get the hours we wanted.

You are one of the loudest divisional voices on these boards.

There are 3 types of people, The company men who are against the union at all costs, the middle men who don't care either way and the pro-union people who think the union can do no wrong.

The first group will listen to me becuase I am not pushing the unions propaganda on them, the second group will listen to me becuase I use common sense and I am not in the first group or the third group, the third group only a small percentage will listen to me becuase they understand I want the same outcome as them but I want to achieve it a different way as them.

the first group won't listen to you becuase they hate you, the second group doesn't care about you, the third group already agrees with you.

AMEN dalamo. the DIADS used to show "make sure you have done a "Thorough" pretrip..." now it says everything but "thorough." HMMMmmmmm....the Co. lawyers strike again !! As far as the PU... One of our guys came back with 52k on his 48' and single axle . Dispatch was pleased as was the T.M. but we had a good talk to him and had all the guys agree to never do that again. Remember,breaking the law is not in YOUR best interest and what if he was in an accident?? UPS would crucify him AND the victims would crucify him too in court. DON'T Break The Law !!! if you are pressured, call your steward and refuse to act unsafely.. Remember....Safety first!!;-)

call it what ever you want but it will get you results and if this isnt a good time to use it then when is a good time slow walking or safe walking either way you go home not as tired as running your a s s off and not being shown any appreciation for a good days work a strike will never happen at overnite/upgf the employees arnt united and its netter than it was at the ratification of the contract all i want is for every man to be traeted the same even if its that were all traeted like **** at least theres no buddy buddy system traet the bottom man as the number 1 man respect the employee and he will work him self to death trying to do a good job but were steering wheel holders and cant make decisions so SLOW WALKEM i say