Small Carrier Shuts Down......

Wasn't a LARGE CARRIER yet it still SHUT DOWN in the likes of Celadon, Falcon, Arrow, Jevic.
https://cdllife.com/2019/family-own...-43325253&mc_cid=b65441f11b&mc_eid=3c81a8ac4c
what i never appreciate, is the fuel cards being shut down. at the very least, leave them with a strict limit of fuel to purchase to get the equipment home.

if it were me, and my fuel card was cut off, i'll say this much, my bag was always packed, as i never put anything into the cabinets or drawers. also i also had a credit card, and air lines can be found as well as the grey dog or the trains.

my ass would always get home, screw the equipment.

but i was also always "lucky" in my time on the road, that i needed not to park the equipment.

today and in the past, leaving drivers stranded seems to be the norm.

what i never appreciate, is the fuel cards being shut down. at the very least, leave them with a strict limit of fuel to purchase to get the equipment home.

if it were me, and my fuel card was cut off, i'll say this much, my bag was always packed, as i never put anything into the cabinets or drawers. also i also had a credit card, and air lines can be found as well as the grey dog or the trains.

my ass would always get home, screw the equipment.

but i was also always "lucky" in my time on the road, that i needed not to park the equipment.

today and in the past, leaving drivers stranded seems to be the norm.

Yeah.....Right before Christmas.

It's like Ebenezer Scrooge running these companies.......You can't tell me that the decision to shut down wasn't an immediate thing.....They probably knew the inevitable for..months. Just wanted to maximize their profit sheet,...to make their mansion payment,..and Mercedes payment,...and a few trinkets and baubles from the jewelry store for the wife,..(..and mistress..)..

They'll have a good Christmas......at the expense of their stranded drivers

Yeah.....Right before Christmas.

It's like Ebenezer Scrooge running these companies.......You can't tell me that the decision to shut down wasn't an immediate thing.....They probably knew the inevitable for..months. Just wanted to maximize their profit sheet,...to make their mansion payment,..and Mercedes payment,...and a few trinkets and baubles from the jewelry store for the wife,..(..and mistress..)..

They'll have a good Christmas......at the expense of their stranded drivers
any company from any industry when they want to shut down, or HAVE to shut down, they do it before the end of the year, as to not carry over into the new year (taxes and inventory reasons i was told) and one would think that by at least December 31st, would be a better time to do this, but many do not, and shut down from between Thanksgiving Day and Christmas day.

makes for hardships on the employee's and thier families, but in the reality of it all, they really do not care, it's all about themselves.

i went thru a shut down, decades ago, when i turned wrenches. it was too, before Christmas, and as a result i did not get my yearly x-mass bonus. i got into the face of the owner, whom i had worked for him for nearly 10 years, and i was his "go to man" in running the shop.

i asked him out right if i was still going to get that yearly bonus and he said no. he also took away my weekly gas allowance ($20 weekly as one of my benefits, as he never had any health benefits) and he said, "you don't work for me any more"

i left my tools there, went and got another job that day.

that night, i moved all my stuff out, locked up the building and took off.

the new employer must have called for a reference, cuz a few days later, he shows up at the new employer, and hands me over an envelope with my bonus, only to say then that he "was going to give me that bonus".......like hell, leaving him in the lurch, as he did me, made him feel guilty for how he treated me.

i make no bones about it, you treat me like dog crap, you're gonna get the same from me.

I had nine carriers lay me off.....prior to their closing the doors......They could care less about a young family with a pregnant wife.....

Also worked for a fly-by-night between layoffs.......who wanted me to....pick up a backhaul in Philadelphia, before I went home to see the birth of my first son....
Yeah, right.....

We're truck drivers.....a necessary evil, according to management....kind of like a "battery".......When it wears out, get another one.....