FedEx Freight | Smoking In The Trucks

westdriver

TB Regular
Credits
So is the policy still no smoking ?
I've got a bid tractor and cant keep people from smoking in it, been to scm, says I got to catch him in the act, wtf, so if you wanna smoke in fedex equipment move to seattle, all the senior drivers do, according to them they're grandfathered in. What's F'd up if you dont smoke , to bad for you, dont like it go somewhere else

Went to my tm in MKE many times , my hands still smell like cigarettes.
Personally I like the dumped over spit cup left on the floor and lunch trash.

Yeah that's another good one, chew juice on the floor the the driver "forgot" to clean up
I smoke in my truck, but not like a train all day long and some of us at least attempt to keep our trucks clean, but this here is beyond disgusting.

It’s almost impossible to enforce, just like eating, drinking, talking on the phone, etc while driving...it’s more of a CYA policy for the company.

I've got a bid tractor and cant keep people from smoking in it, been to scm, says I got to catch him in the act, wtf, so if you wanna smoke in fedex equipment move to seattle, all the senior drivers do, according to them they're grandfathered in. What's F'd up if you dont smoke , to bad for you, dont like it go somewhere else
Your MD, Mike F, used to be my TM. He was very good at dealing with smokers.

Westdrive,r you could always go back driving a tanker then you might not have that problem..4th time's a charm..Call you old TM at TAC maybe he can fix it for you...

Years ago our TM would not buy clothes (in our contract) to handle the lint black in the trailers. So one day around 3 am he (Don our yard man) took the singing Billy bass off the TM’s wall put in a box, filled the box with lint black, sealed it, put the TM’s names on the box & threw it in a inbound trailer like it was truck mail from FT Smith. Denny Myer our beloved TM opened it in his office & promptly trashed his shirt & a few other items. We all knew who did it, but no one ratted him out. The next day, 3 sets of protective clothing to handle the lint black appeared in the break room. Right or wrong it had the intended effect. Supply us with the clothing. Von.

Call the 800# and they will fine FedEx. Had a driver at my center call. It stopped!