Off-Topic Snarkness, groovy topics{-15% of truth)

I'm thinking the PA Turnpike in its early days.
Scan through these photos, I think you’re correct!

Scan through these photos, I think you’re correct!

Wow, love those old photo's El, thanks for that. Yes, one of the photos in the link you provided shows an overpass of the exact same design as one in the Wikipedia PA Turnpike site. It could very well be the same overpass just from the opposite side.

PS - I blew up the images with the trooper and you can see the PA Keystone insignia on his uniform.
1024px-Pennsylvania_Turnpike_1942_LOC.jpg

PATpkOverpass.md.jpg

Last edited:
Good old Pabst, Schlitz and Miller brewery tours in Milwaukee back in the day. And my sister living there always thought I came out that way to visit her! :biglaugh:
I’m a Busch guy. Not Bud.
It was comforting to know that even flat broke in STL, I could always go on an AB tour and hang in the hospitality room ad infinitum.

It was comforting to know that even flat broke in STL, I could always go on an AB tour and hang in the hospitality room ad infinitum.

Me too - Busch for me!

Female cashier checking me out with a 30 pack of Busch a while back gave me a flirty look and said "Enjoy your Busch". I was so tempted to reply with my own comment but I thought better of it and bit my tongue and behaved myself. :smile new:

PS - On my 1971 2-1/2 month motorcycle ride around the US and Western Canada I visited a number of breweries and tours - Rainier, Olympia, Coors, Hamms, and of course the three in Milwaukee.

In 1981 I made a delivery to the AB Brewery in St Louis. While they unloaded me, I sat in the break room. They offered me free beer (I was afraid to drink and drive so I didn't take any). Most of the workers drank how ever many they wanted, and went back to the job. That always amazed me.